Bullnose Forums

Rear brake backing plate

I guess I wouldn't think of an E5 part fitting an '84

E5TZ-2212-B would be for the other side

Ford came out with lots of upgraded parts along the way and added them to the MPC. Unfortunately they frequently took the earlier part number out of the MPC instead of adding their "r/b" terminology, so I frequently can't even tell what the old number was.

Any, as shown on that thread, that PN is shown to fit 1980/on trucks.

Ford came out with lots of upgraded parts along the way and added them to the MPC. Unfortunately they frequently took the earlier part number out of the MPC instead of adding their "r/b" terminology, so I frequently can't even tell what the old number was.

Any, as shown on that thread, that PN is shown to fit 1980/on trucks.

I looked it up on Ford's part site

Says '84-'96 f150's, Broncos, and some E 150 vans

So it must be 8.8

I looked it up on Ford's part site

Says '84-'96 f150's, Broncos, and some E 150 vans

So it must be 8.8

Jim - To paraphrase another Okie, all I know is what I read in the MPC. But there's not one page that gives the answer, so here goes.

First, I look up E5TZ 2211-B and find it is part of Parts List #2:

Brake_Backing_Plate_E5TZ_2211-B_Parts_List.thumb.jpg.fe39e85cee2129240557ed962b8c431a.jpg

But that just says "80/" meaning from 1980 until at least the end of the catalog, which is 1989. However, it doesn't say what trucks use Parts List #2. To find that out you turn to the applications table, which shows the list that I posted in the E-bay thread - although I omitted the E-Series van as that's not part of our remit.

Brake_Parts_List_Applications.thumb.jpg.1811bd776d10137ad79ce68e8d69368f.jpg

But the key there is that it is used on axles with 3.75M capacity. Which ones are those? To answer that you go to the rear axle application table and learn that there were both 8.8" and 9" axles with that capacity. So that backing plate fits both, and fits trucks with them from 1980 until at least 1989. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Rear_Axle_Usage.thumb.jpg.3fc59534c43b293bd021a796c6d72b12.jpg

Jim - To paraphrase another Okie, all I know is what I read in the MPC. But there's not one page that gives the answer, so here goes.

First, I look up E5TZ 2211-B and find it is part of Parts List #2:

But that just says "80/" meaning from 1980 until at least the end of the catalog, which is 1989. However, it doesn't say what trucks use Parts List #2. To find that out you turn to the applications table, which shows the list that I posted in the E-bay thread - although I omitted the E-Series van as that's not part of our remit.

But the key there is that it is used on axles with 3.75M capacity. Which ones are those? To answer that you go to the rear axle application table and learn that there were both 8.8" and 9" axles with that capacity. So that backing plate fits both, and fits trucks with them from 1980 until at least 1989. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I don't doubt, and I did look at those same pages.

I'm not an Okie, but I was only relaying what the Ford parts lookup said.

It is a 9 inch.

What i am doing is changing out an 8.8 going to a 9 inch. The 9 inch comes complete except brakes. Will the backing plate from the 8.8 bolt onto the 9 inch.

Yes. If you follow the discussion above re the backing plate on eBay, it fits either rear axle.