Bullnose Forums

Shock Absorbers

NZCOBRA

I put Monroe Sensatracs on Dad's and really liked them. Running Bilsteins on Big Blue.

I am running KYB's on my 81 F100 4x2 rwd and like them but I have not driven the truck with anything else.

Dave ----

ps I got then thru LMC

I ran cheap $10 red Gabriels for about 5 years and beat them senseless (flexing, jumping rail road tracks, loads and loads of mileage). For the money they held up far better than Monroes ever did and had a firmer ride.

KYB or Bilstein are the way to go if you want super quality shocks, but I was happy with the cheap ones.

You ask about 2wd drive trucks, but obviously most are replying about their 4x4 (except for Dave, he gets it)

I may as well throw down.

I've had Monroe gas Magnums in my truck for many years.

Went with KYB GasAjust early this year.

It's made a good difference for ~$90US a pair (inclusive)

The old ones were shot so it's little wonder these help the truck feel planted.

You ask about 2wd drive trucks, but obviously most are replying about their 4x4 (except for Dave, he gets it)

I may as well throw down.

I've had Monroe gas Magnums in my truck for many years.

Went with KYB GasAjust early this year.

It's made a good difference for ~$90US a pair (inclusive)

The old ones were shot so it's little wonder these help the truck feel planted.

Touche.

It's about as [not] relevant to your truck as the 4wd, but on my 2wd one ton dually I have Monroe gas magnums up front and nothing in the rears as it didn't come with them. Empty it rides worse than you can imagine.

Touche.

It's about as [not] relevant to your truck as the 4wd, but on my 2wd one ton dually I have Monroe gas magnums up front and nothing in the rears as it didn't come with them. Empty it rides worse than you can imagine.

I can imagine Scott!

Not all of us drive a wrecker, or gin pole C&C.

Gas Magnums were the go-to heavy duty shock back then.

I've really wanted a thread about that truck since you've joined.