Bullnose Forums

Hi everyone thanks for the ad I have a 81 f100 thinking of doing a full frame swap right now it is on a 95 frame with the 95 drive train I would to do the crown Vic swap but looking up wheel bases the Vic is 114 and the f100 is 117 I'm thinking a town car frame would work better as they are like 117.7 anyone done the full frame swap and use a town car

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

I've 'promoted' you to member so you're welcome to post in the main forum, or create a 'topic' for your F100 in the projects subforum.

So you have a shortbed?

I've seen some frame swaps, and even a stretch limo on a truck frame, but not a truck on a Cartier frame.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

I've 'promoted' you to member so you're welcome to post in the main forum, or create a 'topic' for your F100 in the projects subforum.

So you have a shortbed?

I've seen some frame swaps, and even a stretch limo on a truck frame, but not a truck on a Cartier frame.

Yes it is a Reg cab Short bed

Hi everyone thanks for the ad I have a 81 f100 thinking of doing a full frame swap right now it is on a 95 frame with the 95 drive train I would to do the crown Vic swap but looking up wheel bases the Vic is 114 and the f100 is 117 I'm thinking a town car frame would work better as they are like 117.7 anyone done the full frame swap and use a town car

It sounds like you have done some home work at least on wheel base.

I never looked into the rear suspensions on the cars but we are only talking 3 inches could the rear be moved back the 3"?

I would say making the frame 3" longer is a lot of work but is another way of going.

I take it you have looked over the Youtube videos on older ford trucks and how the CV front suspension was added to the trucks frames, that cant be done easily on ours because of the front frame.

Then you have the CV fire wall & floor grafted into the cab of the truck this way you use all the CV dash & HVAC, floor to replace the trucks rusted floor.

I would look them all up and see what way you may want to go or even use a little of each one.

Just remember it is yours so build it the way YOU WANT IT!

Dave owner of a 81 F100 flare side custom and I built it the way I wanted.

It sounds like you have done some home work at least on wheel base.

I never looked into the rear suspensions on the cars but we are only talking 3 inches could the rear be moved back the 3"?

I would say making the frame 3" longer is a lot of work but is another way of going.

I take it you have looked over the Youtube videos on older ford trucks and how the CV front suspension was added to the trucks frames, that cant be done easily on ours because of the front frame.

Then you have the CV fire wall & floor grafted into the cab of the truck this way you use all the CV dash & HVAC, floor to replace the trucks rusted floor.

I would look them all up and see what way you may want to go or even use a little of each one.

Just remember it is yours so build it the way YOU WANT IT!

Dave owner of a 81 F100 flare side custom and I built it the way I wanted.

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake: