Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

I'm just saying these things are balanced as a unit.

So you really need to keep them in phase.

I know, that was more of the understanding if I knew how it went back together. Since I didn't separate any of that, it would've been the same exact before I removed the 208, just 4 bolts to remove it.

It's my understanding that fixed yoke only came from Broncos and F350s. Is it possible that the previous owner got a F350 unit and the yoke is a 1410?

I looked up a u joint list and the 1410 and the 1410 is the only one wider than the 1330.

Unless if the rear would be a 1310, then the 1330 would be wider than it. I've found a seal where it will let me use the 208 yokes on it, I've only found the rear one though, unless it would be the same for the front. The front wouldn't be bad to adapt like I said since it has the u joint u-bolt/straps, instead of the plate behind the u joint that bolts in on the rear.

How about showing us some pics?

I was finally at the same place as the Bronco was so I grabbed some pics. This us the plate behind the u joint that I was talking about that won't line up to the bolt holes.

Screenshot_20210315-170950_Video_Player.jpg.3871ba325200d739eae5d11e81749373.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-171018_Video_Player.jpg.9f2a94b3512736f3d0e5e214fce0f831.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-171038_Video_Player.jpg.baf8e85d592b8f9e66bb57c08a3cf455.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-171113_Video_Player.jpg.bdd4213088e760ded8275dd04bd6c42d.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-171133_Video_Player.jpg.fde157dabe817375d30696396bf9d484.jpg

You can see that when the u joint is resting on the yoke, In-between the tabs with no space so it is the correct size joint, the holes don't quite line up. Then when I actually shift the joint out of the spot and make the holes line up on one side, you can see how far it is off.

I was finally at the same place as the Bronco was so I grabbed some pics. This us the plate behind the u joint that I was talking about that won't line up to the bolt holes.

You can see that when the u joint is resting on the yoke, In-between the tabs with no space so it is the correct size joint, the holes don't quite line up. Then when I actually shift the joint out of the spot and make the holes line up on one side, you can see how far it is off.

Looks like that yoke is for a bigger truck. 👀

Where's the yoke that was in the Bronco?

Looks like that yoke is for a bigger truck. 👀

Where's the yoke that was in the Bronco?

I took them both off and compared them. Almost got lucky. They're about the same dimensions, and most importantly, the same diameter. I tried them on each other and no luck. The NP208 yoke is a 32 spline and the 1345 yoke is 31 spline. I read that some people put the NP208 yoke on the 1345 fine, has 32 splines and just needs a different seal, and that others didn't have luck. Who knows if the first is true I just know that for me it didn't work.

Its the same u joint type like I said, a 1330. Just the bolt pattern is different for some reason.

I took them both off and compared them. Almost got lucky. They're about the same dimensions, and most importantly, the same diameter. I tried them on each other and no luck. The NP208 yoke is a 32 spline and the 1345 yoke is 31 spline. I read that some people put the NP208 yoke on the 1345 fine, has 32 splines and just needs a different seal, and that others didn't have luck. Who knows if the first is true I just know that for me it didn't work.

Its the same u joint type like I said, a 1330. Just the bolt pattern is different for some reason.

The pinion yoke is WAY wider than the cardan joint.

They are not both 1330.

The pinion yoke is WAY wider than the cardan joint.

They are not both 1330.

But the tabs on the transfer case yoke have no space between them when the u joint is correctly place in? I get that the bolt pattern is off but the u joint itself fits as a wider one would be on top of the tabs.

But the tabs on the transfer case yoke have no space between them when the u joint is correctly place in? I get that the bolt pattern is off but the u joint itself fits as a wider one would be on top of the tabs.

Screenshot_20210315-200900_Video_Player.jpg.fab142e40f9f4db5d34d20a2701cd7f4.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-200907_Video_Player.jpg.6ff67fe6d19f9fe30456dd7ca23ee9f8.jpg

Here is the transfer case currently, with the new u joint for the front, with the old yoke.

Here is the transfer case currently, with the new u joint for the front, with the old yoke.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Bronco-Rear/products/162/

It seems that there was a just a straight up 1330 connection and then the rest used this CV yoke. Little confusing since mine is a 82..maybe a late 82? Who knows but it seems that the CV yoke may be a little smaller of a pattern.

It

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n91312/Screenshot_20210315-200907_Video_Player.jpg

It must be the camera angle then, because (to me) that left cup isn't even close to seated...

I am with Jim that joint looks to small.

You have the 1 side all lined up edge wise but you can see the diameter is to small and it can't line up the edge on the other side.

It also looks like the joint in the picture with the edge lined up if you were to turn it 90° it might fit the yoke?

Then again I am on a phone so may not show clearly.

Also the yoke with the bolts in it uses straps over the cups. The other yokes take U bolts & nuts to hold the cups in place.

Dave ----