Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

I’ll bet you didn’t quite get it full. I find it almost impossible to do on the first several tries. So I keep adding a bit after it cools and eventually it’ll be full.

But anyway, congratulations!!!!

Yeah I'm sure I didn't like I said its not much left, theres maybe a half inch of airspace left in the radiator before it goes to the neck. I really need to get a hose and put it in the tank so it can do what it pleases.

Not sure what exactly is next on the list. I still have that other truck that I need to get the axles out of but that may not happen in the winter. I may do some interior/seat work. I know I need to get the vacuum line right before it goes into the cab fixed too. That heat was pretty good today while driving, if only I can get it to go to the floor..

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm sure I didn't like I said its not much left, theres maybe a half inch of airspace left in the radiator before it goes to the neck. I really need to get a hose and put it in the tank so it can do what it pleases.

Not sure what exactly is next on the list. I still have that other truck that I need to get the axles out of but that may not happen in the winter. I may do some interior/seat work. I know I need to get the vacuum line right before it goes into the cab fixed too. That heat was pretty good today while driving, if only I can get it to go to the floor..

great news that its working as it should. did you look closely at the other intake to see if any cracks were visible?

I’ll bet you didn’t quite get it full. I find it almost impossible to do on the first several tries. So I keep adding a bit after it cools and eventually it’ll be full.

But anyway, congratulations!!!!

I've been wanting to get AC on this thing for awhile. Can anyone show me where in the engine bay/what loom it comes off of/what the plugs look like? I know the previous owner cut the evap tubes flush with the box... hope he didn't do the same with the plugs..

I've been wanting to get AC on this thing for awhile. Can anyone show me where in the engine bay/what loom it comes off of/what the plugs look like? I know the previous owner cut the evap tubes flush with the box... hope he didn't do the same with the plugs..

if you are asking about the wiring for the ac clutch that's a rather simple one. the wiring only needs to be two wires and the proper plug for the clutch is available. you would only need to extend them long enough (approx five feet) to follow along the return line over to the accumulator and have an extra 6-9'' extra there in order to be connected to the cycle switch. one wire will go to a negative wire which is a brown plug on a single wire if i remember correctly. check with meter to be sure as im not reading a diagram and different years may have different colors. but the wire from the ac control on the dash is light green with a red stripe i think. it will go to one side of the cycle switch and the other side continues on to the clutch. the circuitry is basic but look for a wiring diagram for 82 broncos to be sure of the colors i believe you can find it here in documentations

if you are asking about the wiring for the ac clutch that's a rather simple one. the wiring only needs to be two wires and the proper plug for the clutch is available. you would only need to extend them long enough (approx five feet) to follow along the return line over to the accumulator and have an extra 6-9'' extra there in order to be connected to the cycle switch. one wire will go to a negative wire which is a brown plug on a single wire if i remember correctly. check with meter to be sure as im not reading a diagram and different years may have different colors. but the wire from the ac control on the dash is light green with a red stripe i think. it will go to one side of the cycle switch and the other side continues on to the clutch. the circuitry is basic but look for a wiring diagram for 82 broncos to be sure of the colors i believe you can find it here in documentations

i could get some pics tomorrow but they would be 1986 f150. that may or may not help

Well I got my wipers working tonight. I knew once I swapped dashes and kept the other wiper switch on there that it had to be the motor. It would be weird for 2 switches to do the exact problem. I took a motor off the other truck and plugged it in the Bronco and it worked perfect. Got it all swapped and hopefully get it all put back together when the daylight comes tomorrow.

Little late

FYI the AC harness is a add on to the normal factory harness.

It then feeds out through the firewall to the needed places in the engine bay.

Wish I got pictures of the AC harness when I had everything out of the truck.

Dave ----

It was from LMC.

Under heater components it is item 28. I have the same options you do.

Screenshot_20211231-114347_Chrome.jpg.2c4d4379f00099ce372ad7330afabc23.jpg

I guess another thing is having to get the vacuum selector switch. LMC is still out of stock and now it seems that 82 is missing? If it's the 83-91 I could go to the junkyard possibly.. I think the original part number is E0TZ-19B888-B. If not..??

Also what would the seals for the window called? It's the vent window but the on the main window side, not the vent window seal. I have some door seal ones at the bottom but noticed seals/guides gone on the vent frame part.

I guess another thing is having to get the vacuum selector switch. LMC is still out of stock and now it seems that 82 is missing? If it's the 83-91 I could go to the junkyard possibly.. I think the original part number is E0TZ-19B888-B. If not..??

Also what would the seals for the window called? It's the vent window but the on the main window side, not the vent window seal. I have some door seal ones at the bottom but noticed seals/guides gone on the vent frame part.

Glad you got the wipers going. Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the HVAC control, you found something I'd left out of the documentation. But I've now added the information below to the Part #'s tab on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems. Note the "YH-361". That's the Motorcraft part number, and I found some of them with this search.

19b888-header_orig.thumb.jpg.743ce186c9fcb1dbcf5d83493f814cc5.jpg19b888-pns_orig.thumb.jpg.bbe811bf6be39545606b105646d4f099.jpg

Glad you got the wipers going. Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the HVAC control, you found something I'd left out of the documentation. But I've now added the information below to the Part #'s tab on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems. Note the "YH-361". That's the Motorcraft part number, and I found some of them with this search.

there are two different types of seals that go between the glass and the door one is the window channel "felt" and the other is the beltline (sweep) the beltline goes at the bottom of the glass and keeps debris from getting inside the door. it too has a felt like surface to face the glass and has a little curl to follow the door contour above the handle. the window channel felt is one piece although they often come out in many pieces. there is a "molded in" slight elbow to go into the point where the vent window frame meets the upper door shell. center that carefully and then work gasket down into the vent channel. then from the elbow back and down the rear channel