Bullnose Forums

Fire extinguisher mounting

I have one behind the seat, but it is still in the box it came in and not attached to anything. However, I'll be curious to hear some suggestions as I need to mount it somewhere.

The one in my F250 is on the floor, sideways, in front of the 20% center seat (1994 truck). Since the center seat isn't on tracks, it's tucked out of the way, but still easy to grab. I carry it 'cuz the truck's lit itself up twice during my ownership!

I have one behind the seat, but it is still in the box it came in and not attached to anything. However, I'll be curious to hear some suggestions as I need to mount it somewhere.

Did you look behind the seat in my truck :nabble_anim_confused:

I also have the behind the seat storage so it does not move around.

I cant really mount it on the transmission hump because of the shifter stick and if I could it would be hard to get to.

Cant get to it fast if it was mounted on the pass side kick panel and it would block the vent that I use because I don't have AC.

So behind the seat on the left side where I am and the seat back lock should be easy to get to but should take it out of the box LOL

Dave ----

On the B pillar trim behind me.

I know I'd have to get the seat unlatched, but if I'm on fire it's probably best to step out of the cab.

I can take a pic in the morning.

I have mine mounted (on the Ranger) to the top of an old ammo can I use for storage behind the seat. The ammo can is solid mounted to the wooden base I have my subwoofer box mounted to, so it isn't going anywhere. This setup kept me from drilling into the truck, which I prefer.

I have mine mounted (on the Ranger) to the top of an old ammo can I use for storage behind the seat. The ammo can is solid mounted to the wooden base I have my subwoofer box mounted to, so it isn't going anywhere. This setup kept me from drilling into the truck, which I prefer.

My behind the seat storage uses Velcro to hold it to the back wall.

I bought 1" x 20' roll and cut 8 pieces - 4 for the top and 4 on the bottom of about 4" long it's not going anywhere!

I guess could use Velcro on the mounting bracket to the truck so you would not need to drill holes.

Dave ----

My behind the seat storage uses Velcro to hold it to the back wall.

I bought 1" x 20' roll and cut 8 pieces - 4 for the top and 4 on the bottom of about 4" long it's not going anywhere!

I guess could use Velcro on the mounting bracket to the truck so you would not need to drill holes.

Dave ----

Mine is mounted solely to the plastic corner trim.

IMG_20200505_0956290_rewind.jpg.034e6b0753a974d22b7bedad69852a92.jpg