Bullnose Forums

Air Intake (Air Cleaner)

If I run a carb I'm FOR SURE going to run a "stock" air cleaner, with all its plumbing. Read this: Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners.

But some of my "stock" air cleaners have grown a second snorkel. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Still original. Found a duct and the inlet at a local u pull it. They were missing when I got the truck.

I got a NOS unit for my 82. Still looking for the proper NOS snorkel to rivet to the new one. I bought one but it's not long enough.

I planned on keeping it for my carb but now with my plan changing to FI I'm sticking with the oe aircleaner.

I got a NOS unit for my 82. Still looking for the proper NOS snorkel to rivet to the new one. I bought one but it's not long enough.

I planned on keeping it for my carb but now with my plan changing to FI I'm sticking with the oe aircleaner.

Went from this

20151220_131318.jpg.a91cb655ddcec79a22b813ad26d09717.jpg

To this

20200222_154835-01.jpg.c7ae192b01ca3dadf717f0eeba029151.jpg

I had to come up with the filter assy. as the truck did not come with one.

I also am running EFI exh. manifolds so I have no good way to hook up the pre-air heat but the vacuum part of it is hooked up.

I also run hot water under the intake to heat it like the exh. did before the EFI manifolds.

Dave ----

Went from this

To this

I had to come up with the filter assy. as the truck did not come with one.

I also am running EFI exh. manifolds so I have no good way to hook up the pre-air heat but the vacuum part of it is hooked up.

I also run hot water under the intake to heat it like the exh. did before the EFI manifolds.

Dave ----

Nice! :nabble_smiley_good: