Bullnose Forums

"Cam's Ol' Blue"- 1986 F-150 Base Ex-State of Oregon

thefraze_1020

And as for that page from the 1986 EVTM, my truck is an EEC-IV, not a Duraspark. Does that make any difference?

So, let's look at those pages...

I see a resistor in line before the dg/y goes into the ECA, but I don't see a tach output.

688612_orig.jpg.5130de4bdaf579d721429d1426ce30f7.jpg

4210292_orig.jpg.81af1a30b870048364612f6b92577b4d.jpg

1974700_orig.jpg.9afffd1651ae263938f68a5a480a2068.jpg

Was the EEC 4.9 never available with a tach?

So, let's look at those pages...

I see a resistor in line before the dg/y goes into the ECA, but I don't see a tach output.

Was the EEC 4.9 never available with a tach?

Well if that is the case, that would be one (unfortunate) answer to why my tach doesn't work.

Well if that is the case, that would be one (unfortunate) answer to why my tach doesn't work.

I honestly don't know Cam.

We should get Dave (Fuzzface) or David on the case because it surely seems unlikely that a tach wasnt an option on your truck.

I'm only looking at the diagram shown in the EVTM, but they deal with specific circuits, not the whole thing.

We should get Dave (Fuzzface) or David on the case because it surely seems unlikely that a tach wasnt an option on your truck.

I'm only looking at the diagram shown in the EVTM, but they deal with specific circuits, not the whole thing.

I'm a dumbass.

It's right there on the first page pointing straight up, wire 11 (see pg 95)

2630970_orig.jpg.cb5cdad0a0f643554d329a627bdc2d8a.jpg

640 r/y hot in run. Lower left

9058145_orig.jpg.929a245e8c69fe27c733b16fa2c53b00.jpg

60 bk/lg (ground)

4210292_orig.jpg.2f610878bc338149e2e0191037134518.jpg

Good you found it as I don't know how much help I would have been.

My truck is an 81 with a 300 six and all I had to do was swap in the tach gauge cluster and it worked.

So if anything had to be done at the ICM area to get the tach to work I did not need to do.

Yea looking at the wiring on a phone can be hair pulling :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

Good you found it as I don't know how much help I would have been.

My truck is an 81 with a 300 six and all I had to do was swap in the tach gauge cluster and it worked.

So if anything had to be done at the ICM area to get the tach to work I did not need to do.

Yea looking at the wiring on a phone can be hair pulling :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

I swapped in a tach cluster and did not have to do anything either. And I had EEC. Not sure if it will work now with the HEI, I'm hoping so.

Here's a pic for reference. All the nuts are tight.

IMG_20140116_171002_255.jpg.9809d4386e0ce94edfaaec4d8262583e.jpg

I swapped in a tach cluster and did not have to do anything either. And I had EEC. Not sure if it will work now with the HEI, I'm hoping so.

Here's a pic for reference. All the nuts are tight.

I think it should be easy enough to 'prove' ground, key on power and that the all important tach pulse wire is good all the way to the coil.

There are only a few connectors that might be corroded. (easy to check, and clean)

At least we can follow the whole circuit now.

If all that works it must be the tach.

I think it should be easy enough to 'prove' ground, key on power and that the all important tach pulse wire is good all the way to the coil.

There are only a few connectors that might be corroded. (easy to check, and clean)

At least we can follow the whole circuit now.

If all that works it must be the tach.

There's only one more connector, C169, and it is said to be a brown 2-pin near the fuel pump relay, meaning on the driver's side of the firewall between the brake booster and fender.

1985-etm-page98.thumb.jpg.0cc6ce48dd6c56c8ef0eb0b131382bbd.jpg

There's only one more connector, C169, and it is said to be a brown 2-pin near the fuel pump relay, meaning on the driver's side of the firewall between the brake booster and fender.

It's shown on pg 95 (above) which seems to be the correct page for a 4.9 w/EEC

Which EVTM are you using Gary?

Is it on this site?

Maybe I missed it