Bullnose Forums

Sons truck project.

Redneckedness

I'll take lifting the cab into consideration. It really isn't too difficult, especially with the lift. I can drop the truck onto the tires, pull the 4 bolts, use the lift to raise the cab a bit, and block it up with 2x4's. Then pick the truck up again to put the truck back up in the air on the lift.

I'll take lifting the cab into consideration. It really isn't too difficult, especially with the lift. I can drop the truck onto the tires, pull the 4 bolts, use the lift to raise the cab a bit, and block it up with 2x4's. Then pick the truck up again to put the truck back up in the air on the lift.

Gary,

Your engine is already in.

He was putting the engine in with the headers on, if the pictures tell anything.

Gary,Your engine is already in.He was putting the engine in with the headers on, if the pictures tell anything.
Yeah, we couldnt get the headers on while the motor was in. Maybe theres a trick i dont know about. We had to take the motor out twice before we finally got it done. Wow, putting a trans in from under the truck isnt easy! Let alone the transfer case. 

Sent from my iPhone

In Gary's case with Big Blue, lifting the cab may still be a good option for installing the headers since he has a lift. Without a lift, then you're left with pulling the engine unless like was said "Maybe there's a trick i don't know about."
My son suggested that if we couldnt get the motor in with both headers on then maybe put it in with the passenger side header on then put the drivers side on after the motor is in. Didnt try it but the logic seemed sound. Plz let me know what you do. I may have to do it again in the future. 

Sent from my iPhone

Ok, I'll let everyone know what I do. But don't hold your breath as the headers won't be here for a month. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Don't think this will work for you guys with the motor in place but maybe do as some do on cars with headers.

You lay the headers in place in the engine bay held out of the way with bungees then drop the motor in.

Being held with bungees they can be moved as needed to clear the motor as it is going in.

Once the motor is in place you just undo the bungees and flip up the header to the head.

On my drag car I did it this way when I replaced the motor and worked great. The first time was a bear with no lift from under the car.

They were super comp 1-7/8" big tube not the little 1-3/4" that you can get every where.

Dave ----