Bullnose Forums

Headliner/A-pillar trim

I accidentally brought trim for a non headliner truck home once since it was less faded. I think you’d have a hard time simply cutting off the end of a headliner trim piece as it’s curved in one plane and is also 3-D- the edge is rounded off towards the cab sheet metal to give a cleaner look. I also noticed non headliner trim has a high, third screw hole whereas headliner trimmed trucks don’t, presumably because they get support from the metal trim piece that goes over the door.

My trucks in the shop but I can take a pic next week if you still haven’t found one.

I was going to say the screw holes are in different places between them.

Dave ----

Non-headliner in my 80 1 ton.

IMG_20200214_083356.thumb.jpg.a1f0975c5fd1fb3301788963dccb41ea.jpg

So that's what it looks like! Thanks, Scott. Don't think I've ever seen it before.

Btw, what's the white stuff on the roof? :nabble_smiley_scared:

Haha just a little dusting/frost last night that the sun hasn't taken care of yet. Being 9 degrees has probably contributed to that a little though :nabble_smiley_wink:

Haha just a little dusting/frost last night that the sun hasn't taken care of yet. Being 9 degrees has probably contributed to that a little though :nabble_smiley_wink:

You aren't that far away, but it is amazing how much more "weather" you get. We watch the snow/ice/sleet skim across north of us and hit you, time after time. And 9 degrees! We were "only" 17 last night.

You aren't that far away, but it is amazing how much more "weather" you get. We watch the snow/ice/sleet skim across north of us and hit you, time after time. And 9 degrees! We were "only" 17 last night.

True, crazy how just a little distance can have such an impact. My parents live just under an hours drive west of us (closer to KS line) and granted there is a lake directly between us, they get far more precipitation and stormy weather than us.

True, crazy how just a little distance can have such an impact. My parents live just under an hours drive west of us (closer to KS line) and granted there is a lake directly between us, they get far more precipitation and stormy weather than us.

The bottom two screw holes are the same actually, at least on my truck so considering that I cracked my original taking it out and the replacements have much less sun fading i just used those until I can find better. Just don’t look up or else you’ll see the back gasket that otherwise would be hidden!

The bottom two screw holes are the same actually, at least on my truck so considering that I cracked my original taking it out and the replacements have much less sun fading i just used those until I can find better. Just don’t look up or else you’ll see the back gasket that otherwise would be hidden!

The guy I am helping offered up head liner ones to me when he gets to that part and has 2 left over.

I will take them and see just how different they are and see if I can make them useable in my non-head liner truck. If nothing else I can use them as a "mold holder" when I try and repair the ones I have.

I can cover the good ones in wax paper and when I come up with a fix for mine lay them over the good one to hold the shape till setup.

Dave ----