Bullnose Forums

Got stranded today... My own fault

I used "glue". Blackjack more specifically. That's to keep the water from going behind the seal, right down the firewall/cowl and onto the engine and/or the air cleaner.

Thanks Gary - I was about to go back and look up which sealant it was! Now one of many weekend projects...and of course it's supposed to pour today...bah humbug!

I used "glue". Blackjack more specifically. That's to keep the water from going behind the seal, right down the firewall/cowl and onto the engine and/or the air cleaner.

Thanks Gary - I was about to go back and look up which sealant it was! Now one of many weekend projects...and of course it's supposed to pour today...bah humbug!

I didn't want to slather mine in tar (Blackjack) although I do understand they also sell a butyl caulk.

Being in the building trades I always seem to have a half tube of urethane or polysulfide caulk around.

If it's good enough to seal through hull fittings, I figure it's never coming off the cowl.

If it's good enough to seal through hull fittings, I figure it's never coming off the cowl.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That is amazing! I swear I had my replacement mounted high enough - basically followed the original mounting pattern but the top is definitely not sealing against the hood lip.

Any tips on removing the stuff?

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That is amazing! I swear I had my replacement mounted high enough - basically followed the original mounting pattern but the top is definitely not sealing against the hood lip.

I did not know there was sealer to be used?

Mine went on dry and I don't think it leaks but I don't go under the hood when it is raining to check.

BTW it will stay dry as I don't plan to have the truck out in the rain much to worry.

Dave ----

Which "stuff"?