Bullnose Forums

New Member Pittsburgh, PA

84flareside

Welcome!! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Pittsburg! That's where I bought my Super Bee and drove it back to SE PA. But, we moved to Okiehoma since then. Anyway, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you to it.

But, another Flareside!? Jim suggested we change the name of the forum to FOG. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Seriously though, that looks like a fun project. Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to document your progress.

Pittsburg! That's where I bought my Super Bee and drove it back to SE PA. But, we moved to Okiehoma since then. Anyway, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you to it.

But, another Flareside!? Jim suggested we change the name of the forum to FOG. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Seriously though, that looks like a fun project. Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to document your progress.

Welcome!

Just realized I hadn't put my name out there, I'm Rob. I'm calling the truck Buck courtesy of it's graffiti 'Buck and Clyde'.

I'm not surprised at the popularity of flareside trucks of this era, between the bullnose Ford's and squarebody GM trucks the flareside with stamped steel tailgates and chain/latch hardware makes them seem more 'classic'.

Gary- were you a long time SE PA resident, my life started on that side of the state. Throughout my youth, I lived just on either side of the Delco/Montco line. Made it to K&G Speed Shop for a few Thursday nights(I think that was night for there parking lot cruises) in my friends '71 GTO.

Just realized I hadn't put my name out there, I'm Rob. I'm calling the truck Buck courtesy of it's graffiti 'Buck and Clyde'.

I'm not surprised at the popularity of flareside trucks of this era, between the bullnose Ford's and squarebody GM trucks the flareside with stamped steel tailgates and chain/latch hardware makes them seem more 'classic'.

Gary- were you a long time SE PA resident, my life started on that side of the state. Throughout my youth, I lived just on either side of the Delco/Montco line. Made it to K&G Speed Shop for a few Thursday nights(I think that was night for there parking lot cruises) in my friends '71 GTO.

Welcome Rob! :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad you found us.

Yes, yes I've joked that this is the defacto Flareside Owners Group.

But that's a good thing.

There are lots of unique things from the cab back, and the hive mind can help you with Buck.

Rob - You are now on the map.

As for SE PA, we lived in Kennett Square. Actually, not in but that's where the kids went to school. I worked for a rather large company that started making gunpowder, then dynamite, then a few chemicals - like Teflon. :nabble_smiley_cool:

But that was when I was in my 50's and 60's, and I didn't frequent any speed shops.

Welcome aboard Rob!

I've spent quite a bit of time in PA with a former employer a few years back, but that was mostly on the eastern end around Lancaster, Reading, Pottstown, etc. I was only in Pittsburgh once, but I made time to visit Primanti Bros downtown for lunch. Didn't see much else unfortunately.

I'm rebuilding an '84 F150 Flareside myself, and as the guys have mentioned, there are quite a few of us on here with tailgate chains!:nabble_smiley_grin:

Welcome aboard Rob!

I've spent quite a bit of time in PA with a former employer a few years back, but that was mostly on the eastern end around Lancaster, Reading, Pottstown, etc. I was only in Pittsburgh once, but I made time to visit Primanti Bros downtown for lunch. Didn't see much else unfortunately.

I'm rebuilding an '84 F150 Flareside myself, and as the guys have mentioned, there are quite a few of us on here with tailgate chains!:nabble_smiley_grin:

Tail gate chains in the house :nabble_anim_jump:

20200101_135620.jpg.3c69057f6640e490a4a7a8c8b1d5d780.jpg

Got a 81 F100 myself, beginning of Dec in 2015 and started pulling it apart over the holiday.

I spent 4 years on a cab off frame rebuild and added a few custom touches along the way.

It's funny you dragged it home on a Uhaul trailer, I had to use a Uhaul truck to pull my trailer as my trailer pulling truck was down for the count at the time.

20151219_174428.jpg.74c678138b498ee2a14079c13aa1d7b5.jpg

Do start a thread with lots of pictures we love pictures.

Dave ----

Trying to start documenting my project and starting to decode the original spec. Any idea why there are two exterior colors listed on this sticker and any help on identifying the tape pattern this truck had originally? I've read through the decoding guides on here a couple times and can't seem to follow the tape info.IMG_0426.jpeg.f467ef9f7f7b3666025da3db8b955c13.jpeg

Trying to start documenting my project and starting to decode the original spec. Any idea why there are two exterior colors listed on this sticker and any help on identifying the tape pattern this truck had originally? I've read through the decoding guides on here a couple times and can't seem to follow the tape info.

Your truck was built a month before mine in the same plant.

Two exterior colors means it was a two tone truck. 3L for Dark Blue Metallic, and 3F for Light Medium Blue. I'm not sure how many two tone variations there were for the Flaresides, but one of the guys on here will know.

You actually don't have a tape code. The trans code is "A" and the axle/gears code is "19". The tape code area is blank.

The "CB3" gives you about the only info you're going to get. CB is Blue Cloth and Vinyl, and the 3 is regular cab with Flareside bed.

I'm guessing it looked something like this...grabbed a pic from a quick Google search. I think most two tone Flaresides were like this style.

image-3086438944.jpg.332152b13cc6858553390c2fb797b86a.jpg