Bullnose Forums

New member in Connecticut.

paul j

Hello everyone, I'm Paul j from CT so glad to have found a group of people who love the old ford trucks like mine! Mine is an 86 f150 standard cab long bed red&white 302 fuel injection Aod transmission auto on the column no a.c. or power options 8.8 rear don't no the ratio as far as brakes go all stock. She has so many new parts its not funny and she hasn't been running for about 2 months now just shut off one day pulling into my driveway. Acting like fuel problem but I'm no mechanic. New parts are fuel tank & in tank pump all fuel filters pressure regulator and all new injectors as well as high pressure pump on frame rail . Distributor and coil tif module also new with a fat fox relocation kit moving it to a cooler spot. All sensors on motor also are new coolant temperature sensor throttle position sensor and any other I forgot to mention also the high pressure pump on the frame rail has an external ground as well. I can't stand no having her broke down people are telling me to get rid of her but there's no way shes a classic!!

Welcome! Glad you joined, Paul. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of CT? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had the city/town.

A suggestion - put your name and details of your truck in your signature. We like to use first names to keep it friendly, and having the details of your truck easily accessible when we read your question helps us answer much more accurately.

As for it shutting off when pulling into the driveway, have you determined if you have spark? If so, have you proven you have fuel?

But, the best way to troubleshoot is to start a thread in the main section and ask specific questions. More people will see your posts there than here, so you'll get more support.

What part of CT? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had the city/town.

A suggestion - put your name and details of your truck in your signature. We like to use first names to keep it friendly, and having the details of your truck easily accessible when we read your question helps us answer much more accurately.

As for it shutting off when pulling into the driveway, have you determined if you have spark? If so, have you proven you have fuel?

But, the best way to troubleshoot is to start a thread in the main section and ask specific questions. More people will see your posts there than here, so you'll get more support.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum Paul! :nabble_waving_orig:

Yes, what part of the Constitution State do you live in?

I come from the toe, but seem to be spending a lot of time in the New Haven area.

Heck, this state is smaller than some counties out west.

Let's get a topic started in the main forum and do some diagnosis.

I wondered which ones that might be. CT has 5543 sq miles, and Osage County, the one in which I live and the largest in OK, is 2304. But there are 47 counties in the US larger than CT! In fact, San Bernardino County in CA 20,105 sq miles. Almost four times the size of CT. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I wondered which ones that might be. CT has 5543 sq miles, and Osage County, the one in which I live and the largest in OK, is 2304. But there are 47 counties in the US larger than CT! In fact, San Bernardino County in CA 20,105 sq miles. Almost four times the size of CT. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Interesting, Klamath County is 6136.

I come from the toe, but seem to be spending a lot of time in the New Haven area.

Don't I know that :nabble_smiley_angry:

When I first upgraded my CDL from class B to A (18 wheels) I could not get a job because in 2 hours you could be in like 5 different states. Had to settle on a local, Derby area, heating oil driving job.

Here in NC I can drive 3 hours at 70 mph and not get out of state LOL.

I have a medical restriction on my CDL even down here in NC and could not (CT) / can not go out of state.

Welcome to the forum

Dave ----

Don't I know that :nabble_smiley_angry:

When I first upgraded my CDL from class B to A (18 wheels) I could not get a job because in 2 hours you could be in like 5 different states. Had to settle on a local, Derby area, heating oil driving job.

Here in NC I can drive 3 hours at 70 mph and not get out of state LOL.

I have a medical restriction on my CDL even down here in NC and could not (CT) / can not go out of state.

Welcome to the forum

Dave ----

You ought to move to Alaska or Texas Dave.

You can drive all day and not make it across either of those. 😉

You ought to move to Alaska or Texas Dave.

You can drive all day and not make it across either of those. 😉

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:I am happy right where I am, I can be home each night in my own bed and why I drive a day cab truck :nabble_smiley_wink:

DOT says you can only drive for 11 hours in a 14 hour day with a 30 min. break with in the first 8 hours.

You also have to be off 10 hours before you can start driving again.

This is what I have been pulling for a few months now.

20160907_093647.jpg.f71e982797441e8f12625981ca966dc3.jpg

if not that then this, was taken at my house.

20160908_193421.jpg.000e191bc25b0a578ced3ed47edc57e8.jpg

That is my old truck 2012 KW I have the same model KW a 2019 in red.

Dave ----

Hi Gary, I'm in Newington ct. Gary I meant to ask you how to put my name and truck details in the signature as you suggested? Fourms are new to me I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks Paul