Bullnose Forums

Hi from Germany

Wolpe

:nabble_anim_jump:

Thank you for the warm welcome in the forum Gary.

I live about 60 km North -east of Munich.

I will post pictures of my truck later.

Yes you are right, the Ford is already big, but it works.

Pickups are becoming increasingly popular in Germany, but mainly the newer models. The main problem with the older models (which I prefer 100%) is the availability of the spare parts and the high shipping and customs costs.

Happy New Year to all

Michael

Welcome. I was stationed in Badhersfeld from 80 to 83 and later in Wertzburg 87 to 89. I took my 86 Bronco over with me on the last trip. I got more offers from the germans then I care to talk about. It seems that they all wanted to buy it. There , France, Italy as well. Pretty sure you will find what you need here.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Wolpe!

Like a couple of the other guys, I too have spent some time in Germany as well. Some of the equipment we sell over here in Canada in manufactured in Radolfzel, so I've made a couple trips there for factory training. The first time, back in 2012, I rented a motorcycle for a day and spent some time running around the Black Forest. Very beautiful area. I've also spent a few weeks in Dusseldorf setting up for for trade shows, but I didn't get to see anything there except for the convention center and my hotel room;).

Welcome aboard. Great bunch of guys on here.

:nabble_anim_jump:

Thank you for the warm welcome in the forum Gary.

I live about 60 km North -east of Munich.

I will post pictures of my truck later.

Yes you are right, the Ford is already big, but it works.

Pickups are becoming increasingly popular in Germany, but mainly the newer models. The main problem with the older models (which I prefer 100%) is the availability of the spare parts and the high shipping and customs costs.

Happy New Year to all

Michael

First pic IMG_0493.thumb.jpg.4a1e84a6ee35405f5a59841c20f9d492.jpg

Wow! Beautiful! The body is straight and there's no rust. Awesome! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks, there was rust through under the right fender but I fixed it.

My biggest problem right now is the headlining, I need a new one but can't find one. There are only headliners for regular cab. I would build it myself, but for that I need the dimensions,

does a 1987 super cab headliner fit in or is there a difference in dimension and form?

Thanks, there was rust through under the right fender but I fixed it.

My biggest problem right now is the headlining, I need a new one but can't find one. There are only headliners for regular cab. I would build it myself, but for that I need the dimensions,

does a 1987 super cab headliner fit in or is there a difference in dimension and form?

The cabs didn't really change from 1980 up into the 90's. So I'm pretty sure the headliner from an '87 Supercab will fit yours. However, there may be some differences in the way the trim above the doors fits, so there may be some trimming.

But you don't have the cardboard backing that the headliner upholstery was on? If you have that cardboard you can re-cover it.

The cabs didn't really change from 1980 up into the 90's. So I'm pretty sure the headliner from an '87 Supercab will fit yours. However, there may be some differences in the way the trim above the doors fits, so there may be some trimming.

But you don't have the cardboard backing that the headliner upholstery was on? If you have that cardboard you can re-cover it.

that's the problem there is nothing left, just the blank metall :nabble_smiley_sad:

Do you have the trim above the door that holds the headliner in? See this thread for a discussion of that trim.

And here's an illustration from this page (Documentation/Interior/Interior Trim) that shows the pieces that go there:

thx, yes I have all the trim :nabble_smiley_beam:

I looked at the prices for the headliner and am shocked. $ 250 plus aprox $ 250 shipping for a carton :nabble_smiley_cry: