Bullnose Forums

First Ford

Nice looking pickup. Welcome to the club, there is a lot of smart and good folks here. From what Ive seen, you can get almost any question answered here. In some cases, if they dont have the answer right off of the top of their head, they know where to find it.

Just a heads up, pouring oil in the cylinders is a good idea, but let me take you a step farther. If it has been sitting fifteen or so years, the rings may be stuck in the pistons. Taking in account for the humidity in MS, I wouldent call this an unreansable assumption. In stead of using oil, use PB Blaster or WD 40, Or even a healthy dose of good ole fashion diesel fuel and let them soak for a few days. Just fill them up and put the put the plugs back in hand tight to keep any more moister from getting in and leave it sit for a spell. Take the plugs back out and then try to turn it over by hand with a braker bar and a deep socket

Nice looking pickup. Welcome to the club, there is a lot of smart and good folks here. From what Ive seen, you can get almost any question answered here. In some cases, if they dont have the answer right off of the top of their head, they know where to find it.

Just a heads up, pouring oil in the cylinders is a good idea, but let me take you a step farther. If it has been sitting fifteen or so years, the rings may be stuck in the pistons. Taking in account for the humidity in MS, I wouldent call this an unreansable assumption. In stead of using oil, use PB Blaster or WD 40, Or even a healthy dose of good ole fashion diesel fuel and let them soak for a few days. Just fill them up and put the put the plugs back in hand tight to keep any more moister from getting in and leave it sit for a spell. Take the plugs back out and then try to turn it over by hand with a braker bar and a deep socket

ATF or Marvel Mystery Oil are good choices also

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n46441/11F5B172-A451-4579-92EC-3AA8EC900750.jpeg

Mine being 1 month later 11/80 and also being a 81 model year I see your wheels (rims) are wider than mine but I have 14 lb more rear GVWR strange?

Mine has the 300 six and a T18 transmission

20151219_192453.jpg.bcff8ce3349d40646d3f977c852461d9.jpg

Dave ----