Bullnose Forums

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

I've not done it, but I think you can pull the small hex bolts as well as the hose clamp that holds the filler neck to the bed and let the filler neck stay with the frame.

On the taillights, I think you have to pull them to get to the bulb sockets, which twist into the lens itself. So pull the lens, take the socket out, and then I think you can raise the bed.

Why not unplug the taillight harness at the back of the frame, and leave the taillights alone?

If you leave the necks attached you don't have to drive yourself crazy trying to get the vent tubes correct while ALSO trying to get the bed in place.

Just my $.02

Why not unplug the taillight harness at the back of the frame, and leave the taillights alone?

If you leave the necks attached you don't have to drive yourself crazy trying to get the vent tubes correct while ALSO trying to get the bed in place.

Just my $.02

If the harness unplugs easily that would be better. But on the trucks I've tried that the connectors seemed to have bonded pretty well.

And I fully agree - leave the necks attached. FAR easier than trying to put them back on.

I've not done it, but I think you can pull the small hex bolts as well as the hose clamp that holds the filler neck to the bed and let the filler neck stay with the frame.

On the taillights, I think you have to pull them to get to the bulb sockets, which twist into the lens itself. So pull the lens, take the socket out, and then I think you can raise the bed.

Yes on the hex bolts for the pocket and the clamp that supports the filler hose to the used side of the bed.

Follow the filler hose and you will see the hose clamp that goes over the bed frame bracket.

On the lights the lights can stay screwed to the bed and no need to mess with the sockets.

By the left rear corner of the frame / bed there should be a plug that plugs the frame harness into the tail light harness.

Unplug the 2 harnesses there I just don't know if the tail light harness is held to the bed with clips, I think it is, or runs across the frame and held with clips?

It has been so long I cant remember about the tail light harness how it is clipped but I am pretty sure about that plug.

20191012_093706.jpg.197337cc989d3e8c2572203d0a6c887f.jpg

I forgot my trailer light harness plugs in between the frame harness & tail light harness.

I had to use the style side trucks tail light harness to make a harness for the flare side.

This is the flare side harness I made and it plugs into the frame rail harness.

20191012_113625.jpg.919339b4b581658a0144f4e6263ec2ae.jpg

BTW the frame rail harness has a plug under the brake master /booster by the frame rail / floor board.

Dave ----

Yes on the hex bolts for the pocket and the clamp that supports the filler hose to the used side of the bed.

Follow the filler hose and you will see the hose clamp that goes over the bed frame bracket.

On the lights the lights can stay screwed to the bed and no need to mess with the sockets.

By the left rear corner of the frame / bed there should be a plug that plugs the frame harness into the tail light harness.

Unplug the 2 harnesses there I just don't know if the tail light harness is held to the bed with clips, I think it is, or runs across the frame and held with clips?

It has been so long I cant remember about the tail light harness how it is clipped but I am pretty sure about that plug.

I forgot my trailer light harness plugs in between the frame harness & tail light harness.

I had to use the style side trucks tail light harness to make a harness for the flare side.

This is the flare side harness I made and it plugs into the frame rail harness.

BTW the frame rail harness has a plug under the brake master /booster by the frame rail / floor board.

Dave ----

I do believe the right taillight harness is clipped to the inside of the rear cross member.

Thanks for bringing that up Dave!👍

I do believe the right taillight harness is clipped to the inside of the rear cross member.

If so I think it can be undone easy from the frame, unplug from the frame rail harness and be taken off with the bed. He should be able to look at it to see just how it is done.

I would think it would be to the bed, this way it comes down the line with the lights & harness on the bed, drop it on the frame, tighten the bed bolts and plug in the tail light harness and it moves on, no?

Dave ----

If so I think it can be undone easy from the frame, unplug from the frame rail harness and be taken off with the bed. He should be able to look at it to see just how it is done.

I would think it would be to the bed, this way it comes down the line with the lights & harness on the bed, drop it on the frame, tighten the bed bolts and plug in the tail light harness and it moves on, no?

Dave ----

You may be right Dave.

It's been 5 years since I had the bed off.

You may be right Dave.

It's been 5 years since I had the bed off.

It's been about 4 for me and I don't remember how it was on the style side truck, my flare had no (good) wiring for tail lights, heck it hardly had tail lights LOL

I also cant remember how I ran the harness I made think less than a year ago, its sad when you get old :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

It's been about 4 for me and I don't remember how it was on the style side truck, my flare had no (good) wiring for tail lights, heck it hardly had tail lights LOL

I also cant remember how I ran the harness I made think less than a year ago, its sad when you get old :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

Hi

Ok I'm thinking the connector to the taillights was the one that was cleaned up when I had the rear back turn light problem.

In regards to the filler necks, what your saying that it might be clever taking them off close the tanks instead of close to the filler doors? there is a clamp that can be loosened by the tank and the filler necks be pulled off?

Fuel filler will be divided by red circle after loosening (10)

Should I leave small screw (8) in place and (9) will stay with the tank and (7) stays with the bed?

fuel_filler.jpg.7de193cd67442af0db56ea4cf3ee1e10.jpg

/C

Hi

Ok I'm thinking the connector to the taillights was the one that was cleaned up when I had the rear back turn light problem.

In regards to the filler necks, what your saying that it might be clever taking them off close the tanks instead of close to the filler doors? there is a clamp that can be loosened by the tank and the filler necks be pulled off?

Fuel filler will be divided by red circle after loosening (10)

Should I leave small screw (8) in place and (9) will stay with the tank and (7) stays with the bed?

/C

No, no

Take them off at the filler doors.

Getting the concentric lines in place is very difficult from under the truck.