Bullnose Forums

LED headlights on fleabay

Interesting, because I just bought a pair of LED fogs for mounting behind my bumper on eBay.

When you say "behind my bumper" are you going to do something like I did?

Dave ----

Yep, VERY MUCH like you did.

IMG_20191201_102332.thumb.jpg.9da36e99a9acc37a39a064e043ebd8e6.jpg

But I have the added challenge of diagonal braces behind the bumper.

Yep, VERY MUCH like you did.

But I have the added challenge of diagonal braces behind the bumper.

Nice looks like it will be a clean looking install from the front, behind the "curtain" is always a different story.

I still need to aim both the head lights and the bumper lights.

The bumper ones may be hard as I did not leave enough room in the opening to "adjust" as I thought I needed.

Dave ----

Nice looks like it will be a clean looking install from the front, behind the "curtain" is always a different story.

I still need to aim both the head lights and the bumper lights.

The bumper ones may be hard as I did not leave enough room in the opening to "adjust" as I thought I needed.

Dave ----

The harness that comes with these lights it pretty nice.

Everything would fit perfectly, except, of course, I decided to integrate the fuse and relay into my PDC.

These lights have an aiming knob and a focus knob.

I'm going to try and point them off towards each side and have an unfocused beam.

Now I need to fab up the mounting brackets and attach them to those diagonal braces.

Dave- can you point to a write-up you did on your front bumper fab?

I ended up using these, they are plug and play nothing else needed for the LED's and what limited use I have I do like them. And they are DOT approved.

I put clear film over them to protect from scratches (id do this with any plastic light)

light3.png.d8690fed9aa33b19f2be532c49832d55.png

light.png.95c497d8f63a5f4d359fa8d7b4b78151.png

light2.png.d34231e0c243febf6fc27463df43c98b.png

https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-Headlamp-Headlight-Wrangler-6053%EF%BC%882Pcs%EF%BC%89/dp/B07BWBRDJ5/ref=sr_1_8_sspa?keywords=osram+110W&qid=1575286580&sr=8-8-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE3TFdOTUNVUjZGUjQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5NDQ4Mjg0NFVQMURVV0JEUSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjM5MTY2M0tBUlM0S0VQOFRFNiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Just a heads up, a local concrete company bought something similar and installed them on their older mixers and the drivers loved them. Sad part was that they have no focused beam like projector lights or the old style sealed beams and were blinding all of the other drivers. The AZDot made them take them out because they couldent be aimed and not blind other drivers.

Again, just a heads up

Just a heads up, a local concrete company bought something similar and installed them on their older mixers and the drivers loved them. Sad part was that they have no focused beam like projector lights or the old style sealed beams and were blinding all of the other drivers. The AZDot made them take them out because they couldent be aimed and not blind other drivers.

Again, just a heads up

It is hard these days to know which ones really are both legal and good to use. From what I read many of the LED headlights may SAY they are DOT approved but aren't. And they may well put out a lot of light, but also blind the on-coming driver.

I think that's what the Afeax advert is saying.

It is hard these days to know which ones really are both legal and good to use. From what I read many of the LED headlights may SAY they are DOT approved but aren't. And they may well put out a lot of light, but also blind the on-coming driver.

I think that's what the Afeax advert is saying.

I'm no too concerned about my fog lights.

They don't begin to say DOT anywhere.

If I need to clip the beam I can go jeep blackout style.

Thanks been looking at ones in this style but they all seem to made really cheap these look good and have great reviews