Bullnose Forums

LED headlights on fleabay

I would hope that a complete LED headlight replacement that has the DOT certification has worked out the geometry/lens combination. But that would be a very complex thing unless they can put the LED at the focal point. :nabble_anim_confused:

But if you are looking for diffused light, like for your fog light application, maybe an LED replacement works. But which one? From what I've seen there are many different configurations. However, that's not the topic of this thread, as you said.

It's pretty amazing what can be done with the fresnel pattern inside the lens.

Some of the new cars with REALLY odd headlamps (Caddilac?!?) make me wonder how they got approved.

It's pretty amazing what can be done with the fresnel pattern inside the lens.

Some of the new cars with REALLY odd headlamps (Caddilac?!?) make me wonder how they got approved.

Yes, it is amazing what can, and is, being done with odd-shaped headlights. But in almost every case they use plastic for the lens, and some of that plastic tends to color and haze pretty quickly in the UV. I'm thankful to have glass lenses on the Bullnose trucks.

Steve,

I was afraid of that. Guess I'll stick with the ol' incandescent headlights.

BTW, I'm in Chino Valley.

-Walt

Walt,

You have done the head light relay kit upgrade to the truck right?

If not don't even think of anything else till you do.

I got mine from LMC years ago for a different project but it is no where close to the road so I used it on my 81 F100 and it is night & day difference of the light out put.

You can find the kit on Ebay & Amazon and other places.

Dave ----

Steve,

-Walt

Walt, I am In Dewey, My boss has a set on his end dump tractor and they are about 6 months old and are already turning white. He is not happy. I have a set of different lights in my 06 Pete that are similar to 304805 on the bronco grave yard site. I took out the halogen bulbs and put in the replacement led bulbs and they have been there for over two years. These are actualy glass and are as bright as the multipull led head lights in the bosses truck. The biggest difference is that I can aim my headlights so they don't blind oncoming drivers. If you have ever been out Perkinsville Rd at 5 am, pretty sure you know how dark it is out there, and put the two together, mine have a longer, narrower beam and the multipul led lights have a wide and short beam. More like a flood light then a head light.

Walt, I am In Dewey, My boss has a set on his end dump tractor and they are about 6 months old and are already turning white. He is not happy. I have a set of different lights in my 06 Pete that are similar to 304805 on the bronco grave yard site. I took out the halogen bulbs and put in the replacement led bulbs and they have been there for over two years. These are actualy glass and are as bright as the multipull led head lights in the bosses truck. The biggest difference is that I can aim my headlights so they don't blind oncoming drivers. If you have ever been out Perkinsville Rd at 5 am, pretty sure you know how dark it is out there, and put the two together, mine have a longer, narrower beam and the multipul led lights have a wide and short beam. More like a flood light then a head light.

Walt, the harness that Dave is talking about is also on the Bronco grave yard site. The part number is 804805A and is 32 bucks. I ordered the lights and the harness at the same time. I haven't put them in yet as other things and life have gotten it the way. They also list a brighter set of halogen bulbs, Replacment bulbs that are brighter then normal H-4 replacments. Just a thought. I was looking into these bulbs but the buget master has jerked my leash for the time beaing

Steve,

-Walt

Walt,

You have done the head light relay kit upgrade to the truck right?

If not don't even think of anything else till you do.

I got mine from LMC years ago for a different project but it is no where close to the road so I used it on my 81 F100 and it is night & day difference of the light out put.

You can find the kit on Ebay & Amazon and other places.

Dave ----

Yup.

I used the LMC relay kit until I integrated everything into my new PDC.

It really is a night and day difference when the lighting circuit travels less than a foot to the relay, and has 14-16 Ga. wire to do it.

Yup.

I used the LMC relay kit until I integrated everything into my new PDC.

It really is a night and day difference when the lighting circuit travels less than a foot to the relay, and has 14-16 Ga. wire to do it.

And I used a home-made relay kit until I pulled Big Blue down for transformation. And when he goes back together he'll have relays under the hood as well. They will probably be integrated into the PDB.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

The headlight relay kit upgrade is definitely on my list of Things To Do. The halogen headlight upgrade is a good idea; had not thought about it.

I can see how this website is gonna be detrimental to my wallet.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

The headlight relay kit upgrade is definitely on my list of Things To Do. The halogen headlight upgrade is a good idea; had not thought about it.

I can see how this website is gonna be detrimental to my wallet.

The headlight relay kit is really a must. Lots of trucks have had the headlight switch or the wiring melt down w/o it, and repairing that is frequently more expensive than the relay kit. Plus there's lots more light. What's not to like? :nabble_smiley_wink:

The headlight relay kit is really a must. Lots of trucks have had the headlight switch or the wiring melt down w/o it, and repairing that is frequently more expensive than the relay kit. Plus there's lots more light. What's not to like? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Absolutely, I even got a Jeep friend on board with it.

He picked up nearly 2 volts at the bulb, and his low beams are far far better now.