Bullnose Forums

XLS Dream

MotorsportXLT

.... we will not be driving them all over like we did back in the 80's when new do we really need 40 gallons of gas other than to say we can? Then again the guys with big v8's may wish they had 80 gallons LOL

I do.

&

I do!

Believe me, it's not as if I haven't considered getting a transfer tank for the bed.

The idea of 100+ gallons of high test right outside my rear slider put me off to it.

Ditto! I'll have 19 gallons mid-ship and 38 gallons in the rear on Big Blue. I plan to drive the wheels off the truck on many long trips, and at the hoped-for 14 MPG the range of a 19 gallon tank isn't going to cut it.

It’s nice to have plenty of gas. Going to Winnemucca Nevada in our 1978 E150 with a 351W, get to Denio Junction and no gas, their tanks didn’t meet code and they couldn’t afford new ones.

Didn’t have enough to get to the next stop which I think was Winnemucca. Had to go north to Fields Oregon to fuel up. Quite the add on!

In Winnemucca I bought two five gallon gas cans, filled them and carried them on the roof rack to get home.

It’s nice to have plenty of gas. Going to Winnemucca Nevada in our 1978 E150 with a 351W, get to Denio Junction and no gas, their tanks didn’t meet code and they couldn’t afford new ones.

Didn’t have enough to get to the next stop which I think was Winnemucca. Had to go north to Fields Oregon to fuel up. Quite the add on!

In Winnemucca I bought two five gallon gas cans, filled them and carried them on the roof rack to get home.

OK so a hand full will be driving them but most I think have them for weekend runs to the dump or get dirt, stone, wood for home projects.

I had a 76 E350 I added a 2nd tank but with a 460/C6 pulling a 2 car trailer to races you needed it.

Dave ----

OK so a hand full will be driving them but most I think have them for weekend runs to the dump or get dirt, stone, wood for home projects.

I had a 76 E350 I added a 2nd tank but with a 460/C6 pulling a 2 car trailer to races you needed it.

Dave ----

I guess my handle needs no explanation! 🤣

All go and no show, is my everyday.

Dave ----

A 460 in a van? Cool!

Dave ----

A 460 in a van? Cool!

Was pretty popular, actually.

That's where I got my Saginaw setup.