Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not to the truck but for the truck.

My brother in CA sent me another care package with more flare side parts.

Got the 2 steps, 1 got crunched by the fork lift it looks like, and all the brackets and fender opening support brackets.

I also got the rear fender opening support brackets too.

He sent the 2 tail lights, 1 housing is cracked, both lenses and 1 side leans are gone.

The big thing is they came with brackets to bolt to the bed!

He also sent all the bolts & nuts needed for the parts sent.

Now I need to get in gear and finish the body work and get paint on this truck!

Dave ----

That's a good haul! Do you have all the parts needed now?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post pics of the upper and lower pieces? Or, have you already? If so, and I think you have, can you point me to them? I'll need to think about that with Big Blue when I EFI him.

I have had them on for a while, both came off a 1994 truck at Pick-n-Pull in Virginia Beach. I had to cut the lower a little for the oil cooler hoses.

Lower air baffle

DSCN0771.thumb.jpg.d1175754827369da06985b20403acfcd.jpg

DSCN0832.thumb.jpg.fed86a7d8eb08458a546785b0e97c620.jpg

I have had them on for a while, both came off a 1994 truck at Pick-n-Pull in Virginia Beach. I had to cut the lower a little for the oil cooler hoses.

Lower air baffle

Upper air seal

Thanks, Bill. A friend with a '93 was over today and I saw the same seals/baffles. I'll have to do something like that when I EFI Big Blue.

The hard to find parts I think I do at this point.

Tail lights I should be able to come up with if I don't go with LMC LED ones at $160+ for the pair.

It was the light & fender opening brackets that you can't get that I was after.

Ron should be sending a plate bracket and told the light you can still get so we are looking good.

I hope to get the last of the body work done his weekend if not too hot.

Dave - - - -

The hard to find parts I think I do at this point.

Tail lights I should be able to come up with if I don't go with LMC LED ones at $160+ for the pair.

It was the light & fender opening brackets that you can't get that I was after.

Ron should be sending a plate bracket and told the light you can still get so we are looking good.

I hope to get the last of the body work done his weekend if not too hot.

Dave - - - -

Last week was too cold, and next week may be too hot. What is our weather coming to? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Anyway, sounds like you are on a roll. Keep on truckin'!

We had one of our foster pups adopted yesterday and some yard work so a late start on the truck.

Ever since I blead the brakes I have had a leak at the right rear wheel. A week ago I checked the line & bleeder and were tight so I pulled the wheel & drum thinking I would find my new shoes soaked.

Well was happy the shoes were dry but the new wheel cly was leaking from 1 of the cups down the backing plate and out. The wheel cly has been in about a year but only had fluid no more than a month.

I checked my local AZ and they have a power brake cly in stock but do not even list a non-power one so have to dig deeper to see if they are the same or not.

On the tail gate I use a washer between body & hinge as a spacer. It worked but needed a little more and I did not like the 1 washer look so a better spacer needed to be made.

Looking around I came across the fiber glass fuel door cut out. It was a little thicker and easy to work with. I laid the hinge on the sheet and traced the "foot print" so it supported the full hinge base on the body.

Did not get a picture but don't know if you could see them as they are the same foot print as the hinge but the spacing is good now.

Just as I was finishing that up my new rear lic. plate mount from Ron aka Reamer, showed up so had to test fit it on the truck.

Had to drill 2 holes on the bracket to mount to the truck but other than that it fit like a glove!

20180505_170032.jpg.4151481dbafed99b68dc1b84a9c8041e.jpg

I then moved on to the rear fuel tank filler neck & hose, front I had done a few weeks ago.

When my brother sent parts to me, part of them was a stock flare side filler door on down to about a foot from the tank and cut the rubber hose and inner plastic vent tube.

The style side part I had where the bend was it hit the floor. I might of made it work but the flare side hose had the bend farther down and would work better.

I can get that hose and the part on the tank all ready together using exh. pipe & clamps. The inner plastic will take a little more work to join the 2 parts but I have a plan just hope its a good one.

Other than replacing that leaking wheel cly I think I have to get on the rest of the body work as I don't have much more little things to like this to do.

I hate body work and why I have been putting it off.

Dave ----

We had one of our foster pups adopted yesterday and some yard work so a late start on the truck.

Ever since I blead the brakes I have had a leak at the right rear wheel. A week ago I checked the line & bleeder and were tight so I pulled the wheel & drum thinking I would find my new shoes soaked.

Well was happy the shoes were dry but the new wheel cly was leaking from 1 of the cups down the backing plate and out. The wheel cly has been in about a year but only had fluid no more than a month.

I checked my local AZ and they have a power brake cly in stock but do not even list a non-power one so have to dig deeper to see if they are the same or not.

On the tail gate I use a washer between body & hinge as a spacer. It worked but needed a little more and I did not like the 1 washer look so a better spacer needed to be made.

Looking around I came across the fiber glass fuel door cut out. It was a little thicker and easy to work with. I laid the hinge on the sheet and traced the "foot print" so it supported the full hinge base on the body.

Did not get a picture but don't know if you could see them as they are the same foot print as the hinge but the spacing is good now.

Just as I was finishing that up my new rear lic. plate mount from Ron aka Reamer, showed up so had to test fit it on the truck.

Had to drill 2 holes on the bracket to mount to the truck but other than that it fit like a glove!

I then moved on to the rear fuel tank filler neck & hose, front I had done a few weeks ago.

When my brother sent parts to me, part of them was a stock flare side filler door on down to about a foot from the tank and cut the rubber hose and inner plastic vent tube.

The style side part I had where the bend was it hit the floor. I might of made it work but the flare side hose had the bend farther down and would work better.

I can get that hose and the part on the tank all ready together using exh. pipe & clamps. The inner plastic will take a little more work to join the 2 parts but I have a plan just hope its a good one.

Other than replacing that leaking wheel cly I think I have to get on the rest of the body work as I don't have much more little things to like this to do.

I hate body work and why I have been putting it off.

Dave ----

I understand not liking body work, but just think what it is going to look like when done!!!! Time to make it happen! :nabble_anim_jump:

I understand not liking body work, but just think what it is going to look like when done!!!! Time to make it happen! :nabble_anim_jump:

Took it, Big Blue, in for service - A/C. I want to take it to the Fordification show in Anderson, MO on June 9th, and that could easily be quite warm. Since Janey is going with me, I want the A/C to be working. Vernon said it was working just before I acquired the truck, but it hasn't since I got it.

However, I'm going to be pulling everything apart this fall to upgrade to EFI, and that may require a compressor change to go with the serpentine brackets. And it is always easier to do an engine swap, especially with a BIG engine, to disconnect the A/C.

So I don't want to spend much money getting it working just for the summer. But it sure would be nice to have it. I hope to hear tomorrow what it will cost.

Took it, Big Blue, in for service - A/C. I want to take it to the Fordification show in Anderson, MO on June 9th, and that could easily be quite warm. Since Janey is going with me, I want the A/C to be working. Vernon said it was working just before I acquired the truck, but it hasn't since I got it.

However, I'm going to be pulling everything apart this fall to upgrade to EFI, and that may require a compressor change to go with the serpentine brackets. And it is always easier to do an engine swap, especially with a BIG engine, to disconnect the A/C.

So I don't want to spend much money getting it working just for the summer. But it sure would be nice to have it. I hope to hear tomorrow what it will cost.

Well, it was a trailering day today. Elsewhere, in Rembrandt's stucco Bronco post I detailed the recovery of an old bullnose from a Saskatchewan farm. Thanks for the heads up Rembrandt!

Since the trailer was hooked up, I decided to move around a few non bullnose projects. I drove a 2003 Ranger for quite a while and gave it to son #2 last summer. Unfortunately, the engine let go on a cold winter day and the plan was to replace it with another low mileage 3.0 I had in my extensive inventory. Took the truck to the farm to make use of the shop. I complained bitterly about the cold weather and snow over the winter months, but now the sun bakes you. Working in the shade has its appeal.

I also decided to delegate one of my projects to a mechanic friend who has a resource that I don't. A lift! I had picked up a clean low mileage Escape last fall that turned out to have a timing chain problem. Great little vehicle, but if you plan to work on it, everything comes out the bottom. Not any sort of fun to do in the driveway, so a lift is mandatory.

Which reminds me of what I love about bullnoses and even Rangers. You can actually work on them!

Well, it was a trailering day today. Elsewhere, in Rembrandt's stucco Bronco post I detailed the recovery of an old bullnose from a Saskatchewan farm. Thanks for the heads up Rembrandt!

Part of my morning routine while I'm having my coffee and waiting for Mrs. Rembrant and the hound dogs to wake up is to scan Kijiji coast to coast for interesting stuff. I'm thankful to be semi-addicted to junk...lol. I have friends that dream and drool over vehicles they cannot afford. When you're happy with cheap old stuff, one can feel fulfilled very easily...lol.

I'm very happy you dragged that old truck home. I see old trucks and other misc junk in the prairies that I would buy on the spot, but being so far away the transport and/or shipping negates any kind of initial good deal. It's frustrating, but I live with it...lol.

Like this Bullnose for sale below. I'd be on that like white on rice if it wasn't 3500 miles away;(.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1346746567&requestSource=b