Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, not so fast on the "caught up" bit, Gary. We drove Big Blue a bit over 100 miles today checking out some of the places where Killers Of The Flower Moon was filmed, and I thoroughly enjoyed the huge, dramatic improvement in steering. In fact, there's a section of OK 11 that is both narrow and twisty and I was telling Janey how it used to be a white-knuckled bit. But today as I was threading that needle with one hand on the wheel we met a dump truck in the middle of one of the turns - no worries, mate!

I also realized there was an additional benefit - a reduction in noise, probably due to the new lower steering column bearing stopping a rattle I've had. But that let me hear a squeak somewhere close to where the collar around the column hits the instrument bezel. So I do have another layer of the onion to peel, and you can read about that effort here.

Well drove the truck to / from work all this week, 400 miles no issues :nabble_anim_jump:

I have 2 shows this weekend and it needed a wash so wash it I did.

It was raining a little and I had to drive across the yard to the clubs trailer to get some signs out so turned on wipers and all was good.

Then moved truck around to my garage to use shop air to blow and dirt out, easier than using vacuum.

Still some drips on the windshield go and turn on wipers and nothing :nabble_smiley_angry:

I only have high speed, no low or intermittent :nabble_anim_confused:

When I have time I will look into it but wonder if the intermittent box could be bad?

Maybe I should look for a spare just in case?

Has anyone had this happen and if so what was it?

Dave ----

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well drove the truck to / from work all this week, 400 miles no issues :nabble_anim_jump:

It was raining a little and I had to drive across the yard to the clubs trailer to get some signs out so turned on wipers and all was good.

Then moved truck around to my garage to use shop air to blow and dirt out, easier than using vacuum.

Still some drips on the windshield go and turn on wipers and nothing :nabble_smiley_angry:

When I have time I will look into it but wonder if the intermittent box could be bad?

Dave ----

Glad the truck is running so well. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the wipers, did you pop the park brake off this afternoon? From what I've read that is usually the reason the delay module fails as it can crack the solder joints. There's a how-to for repair of that on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Windshield Wipers.

And from what I've read the interval, or delay, only uses the Low setting. So if the delay module goes bad I think you lose both delay and manual Low.

Dave ----

I agree with Gary but might add that you could also have lost the ground pigtail coming from the intermittent switch.

That will also leave you with nothing but high.

Just the other day I pulled out my module (which is wrapped in foam rubber and ziptied up behind my fuse panel) so I could get at my hazard flasher

I agree with Gary but might add that you could also have lost the ground pigtail coming from the intermittent switch.

That will also leave you with nothing but high.

Just the other day I pulled out my module (which is wrapped in foam rubber and ziptied up behind my fuse panel) so I could get at my hazard flasher

First thank you guys

Being a manual I am using the parking brake all the time.

Just from washing the truck and running it around the year it was set and release 3 times.

There was another 3 times to work and back home.

Now that you posted about the box loosing connections inside I remember reading about it.

I will also check the ground wire.

It gives me things to check.

Thanks again.

Dave ----

First thank you guys

Being a manual I am using the parking brake all the time.

Just from washing the truck and running it around the year it was set and release 3 times.

There was another 3 times to work and back home.

Now that you posted about the box loosing connections inside I remember reading about it.

I will also check the ground wire.

It gives me things to check.

Thanks again.

Dave ----

I have mine suspended on a zip tie just to soften the blow.

I have mine suspended on a zip tie just to soften the blow.

I may steal that from you never gave that a thought.

Dave ----

Yes, that pedal comes off HARD, so ringing like a bell is appropriate. I used to try and pop the brake off gently, but that's not easily done when you are on a mountain in a tight spot, so finally gave it. So far, so good.

Yes, that pedal comes off HARD, so ringing like a bell is appropriate. I used to try and pop the brake off gently, but that's not easily done when you are on a mountain in a tight spot, so finally gave it. So far, so good.

Being I dont want the truck down for long I bought a used switch / harness / box off Ebay for $81 shipped.

Some listed were going for crazy money :nabble_anim_crazy:

This way I can swap out the box and hope have wipers and then can repair the removed box when I have time.

I could sell them for what I bought them for but I will put it on the shelf as spare part :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Being I dont want the truck down for long I bought a used switch / harness / box off Ebay for $81 shipped.

Some listed were going for crazy money :nabble_anim_crazy:

This way I can swap out the box and hope have wipers and then can repair the removed box when I have time.

I could sell them for what I bought them for but I will put it on the shelf as spare part :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

The car shows in the area were canceled because of weather / rain.

So truck was put into weekly trash run duty :nabble_smiley_evil:

Then made my way out to the garage.

I had to replace a vacuum advance can on a dist. for a friend that I have had for way to long, it is a spare cheap aftermarket unit. It is for a Ford 302 motor :nabble_smiley_evil:

I then looked into the old carb off my 300 motor that I had pulled the top on a few weeks back when I swapped on the Ebay carb.

When I rebuilt the carb years ago I remembered that there was something missing for the main jet / needle / accel pump assy.

I was given 2 carbs and I pulled the tops on them to see if I could see what was missing and maybe swap them over.

1 carb inside looked like it been sitting in a lake for years and really nothing could be used but it also looked just like mine?

The other carb a feed back one was a little better inside but the assy. looked different, plastic where mine is metal, and there was a wire spring that pushed on the needle maybe as a guide?

I did not think it was wise to swap it over as my old carb ran good just rich.

The old carb has some fine rust in the bowl so cleaned that out.

I also adjusted the needle 1 turn leaner so if I ever use it again I hope it will be leaner.

It is back on the shelf as a spare.

Dave ----