Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Got the floor painted, just some krylon. Think I'll take all the plastic off and try to paint those pieces soon too. And I'm close to finalizing the wiring so I can get all that tucked away soon I hope.

Any paint will help, and it is a floor that'll get covered so color and texture don't matter. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heavy rust rust-oleium.

Not "to" but "for": Ordered a new AFR sensor.

I have an Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR meter and it has been giving E8 error codes off and on. Today I looked at the owner's manual and it said that the sensor may be going bad but to calibrate it. I went through the steps to calibrate and it never got hot enough to finish. Called Innovate and Steve said the sensor is bad.

He recommended ordering through one of their dealers, like Summit or Jegs, so with the recent glowing report from Rene on Summit I ordered it from them. Inc shipping it is $100. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Not "to" but "for": Ordered a new AFR sensor.

I have an Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR meter and it has been giving E8 error codes off and on. Today I looked at the owner's manual and it said that the sensor may be going bad but to calibrate it. I went through the steps to calibrate and it never got hot enough to finish. Called Innovate and Steve said the sensor is bad.

He recommended ordering through one of their dealers, like Summit or Jegs, so with the recent glowing report from Rene on Summit I ordered it from them. Inc shipping it is $100. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Well, Summit for the win! Ordered about noon today and got notified this evening that it'll be in by 5 PM tomorrow. :nabble_anim_jump:

We are taking Big Blue out on Friday, and that'll give me a chance to install it before we go.

Any paint will help, and it is a floor that'll get covered so color and texture don't matter. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well it's only getting covered by floor mats, I'd love to put the original vinyl back in but I left it back in SC. And it's blue anyways. I might get a replacement at some point but it's gonna be pretty low on the priority list. Unrelated, but I stopped by the shop that's had my Blazer since march and got to see the engine finally assembled and hopefully installed on monday. Just a mild 383 but it's making me wish I'd gone with something bigger than a 306 in the F250.

Well it's only getting covered by floor mats, I'd love to put the original vinyl back in but I left it back in SC. And it's blue anyways. I might get a replacement at some point but it's gonna be pretty low on the priority list. Unrelated, but I stopped by the shop that's had my Blazer since march and got to see the engine finally assembled and hopefully installed on monday. Just a mild 383 but it's making me wish I'd gone with something bigger than a 306 in the F250.

Getting to see the engine together is such a GOOD feeling! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for me, I installed the Bosch O2 sensor for the Innovate AFR meter. Then we took Big Blue on a 150 mile jaunt, and enjoyed every minute.

Getting to see the engine together is such a GOOD feeling! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for me, I installed the Bosch O2 sensor for the Innovate AFR meter. Then we took Big Blue on a 150 mile jaunt, and enjoyed every minute.

Good day on the truck today....ish.... Fyi, the LMC bed bolts that are the super duty some are the same Chinese crap as eBay and Amazon. Ended I up fighting half of them to get them on, but got it done. Also got the exhaust hangers installed, found out one if the new fuel tank filler hoses is too short... Have to figure out how I'm going to splice it because they bed isn't coming back off and the tank isn't getting dropped. Also got the carpet about 80% installed but not glued down. Want to give it some time in the summer heat to relax before I glue it. Also found out the seat belts aren't coming out of the floor so I have to figure out what to do with the carpet there. Fabricated a little bracket for the PCM and mounted the cruise control box to the bank of the PCM. Cruise is 100% installed.

Hopefully Tuesday I'll be finishing intake and filler neck and maybe trying to fire it.....

PXL_20230618_005105475.jpg.ab546b4d34eace55ff558ae8731fd7f8.jpg

Good day on the truck today....ish.... Fyi, the LMC bed bolts that are the super duty some are the same Chinese crap as eBay and Amazon. Ended I up fighting half of them to get them on, but got it done. Also got the exhaust hangers installed, found out one if the new fuel tank filler hoses is too short... Have to figure out how I'm going to splice it because they bed isn't coming back off and the tank isn't getting dropped. Also got the carpet about 80% installed but not glued down. Want to give it some time in the summer heat to relax before I glue it. Also found out the seat belts aren't coming out of the floor so I have to figure out what to do with the carpet there. Fabricated a little bracket for the PCM and mounted the cruise control box to the bank of the PCM. Cruise is 100% installed.

Hopefully Tuesday I'll be finishing intake and filler neck and maybe trying to fire it.....

New carpet looks great! :nabble_smiley_good:

IIRC Dave (Fuzzface) had to do some filler hose splicing when he installed a second tank in his Flareside.

Not sure where that post is but it may help.

New carpet looks great! :nabble_smiley_good:

IIRC Dave (Fuzzface) had to do some filler hose splicing when he installed a second tank in his Flareside.

Not sure where that post is but it may help.

Progress!

Yes, I think Dave did splice and if I remember correctly he used copper tubing to do it.

Hope you get to fire it soon! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Progress!

Yes, I think Dave did splice and if I remember correctly he used copper tubing to do it.

Hope you get to fire it soon! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Ouch my ears are ringing :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yes I did have to make adjustments to the rear filler hose on my flare side as they do not make a rear tank for a flare side.

I cant remember but I used some from a style side front tank, some hose I removed from mine that had been modified before I got the truck and the rear from a style side to fix both the front & rear tank fillers.

The rear I know I used some muffler pipe that fit inside the rubber hose to join 2 together.

Now for the inner vent tube I did use copper tubing to join and make longer to fit inside the larger fill hose.

I used 2 hose clamps on the copper / plastic hose & 2 larger on the outside filler hose.

Been working fine for 4 years now.

Now on this short hose did you get it local or from LMC?

I want to say this is common that it comes out short.

The right one is from some place like "filler neck hose.com" or "filler neck.com"?

Dave ----