Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's interesting. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm used to seeing a separate lug for stator.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for your choke. (but it certainly shouldn't have any power unless the engine is turning)

Jim, there are 2 different 1G ALT's: 1 has the 3 lugs on the back side the other has 1 lug (BAT) and the plug as shown for the other 2.

My 81's each had 1 of each type.

When I went to wire up the ALT using the parts truck harness and the ALT from my truck, I did not have a harness for my truck or the ALT from the parts truck, and not wanting to cut the harness or get a ALT I made jumper wires to make the 2 work.

Truck ALT with the harness plug to the right

20171015_152142.jpg.0db4b2d0c291ebc8f0fd25972a88fb20.jpg

Dave ----

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's interesting. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm used to seeing a separate lug for stator.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for your choke. (but it certainly shouldn't have any power unless the engine is turning)

Jim, there are 2 different 1G ALT's: 1 has the 3 lugs on the back side the other has 1 lug (BAT) and the plug as shown for the other 2.

My 81's each had 1 of each type.

When I went to wire up the ALT using the parts truck harness and the ALT from my truck, I did not have a harness for my truck or the ALT from the parts truck, and not wanting to cut the harness or get a ALT I made jumper wires to make the 2 work.

Truck ALT with the harness plug to the right

Dave ----

Thanks for that photo Dave. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I know the 1G comes in a couple of different outputs but wasn't familiar with one that has a plug.

For that matter I'm not too familiar with the electrics in the early ('80-'81) Bullnose trucks.

Cool, in every possible way. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Big Blue went to the family reunion on Saturday and on the way down at about 11 AM we had to cut the A/C back quite a bit with heat. But when we left at about 5 PM after it sat all day and baked at almost 100F it was ~15 minutes until it really started getting cold. However, then it really did get cold, so I think it is working properly.

I said all that to ask if that is par for the course on these older systems. I think it is but when I get in a new vehicle and it gets cold very quickly I start to wonder.

My 02 Durango only blows cold if driving for a bit on the high way mostly but have to be moving for a while.

Stop for a light or stop sign and it will blow a little warmer.

If I stop and shut the system down it will take a bit of driving for it to blow cool again. Been this way from day 1 and when you have a SUV, large oven, even with front & rear HVAC it takes for ever to cool down.

Now the pickup, when it works, would cool off the cab pretty quick and keep it cool 90% of the time.

It is a lot smaller area to cool but it just works better than the dodge.

Dave ----

Cool, in every possible way. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Big Blue went to the family reunion on Saturday and on the way down at about 11 AM we had to cut the A/C back quite a bit with heat. But when we left at about 5 PM after it sat all day and baked at almost 100F it was ~15 minutes until it really started getting cold. However, then it really did get cold, so I think it is working properly.

I said all that to ask if that is par for the course on these older systems. I think it is but when I get in a new vehicle and it gets cold very quickly I start to wonder.

My 02 Durango only blows cold if driving for a bit on the high way mostly but have to be moving for a while.

Stop for a light or stop sign and it will blow a little warmer.

If I stop and shut the system down it will take a bit of driving for it to blow cool again. Been this way from day 1 and when you have a SUV, large oven, even with front & rear HVAC it takes for ever to cool down.

Now the pickup, when it works, would cool off the cab pretty quick and keep it cool 90% of the time.

It is a lot smaller area to cool but it just works better than the dodge.

Dave ----

Didn't do much today other that source the net for parts and gathering a few more things to get my truck just a little taller.

In doing so, if anyone needs new or wants to upgrade leaf springs, Parts Geek has got a killer deal on Dorman 43-695HD 6/1 pack springs....200 a side and 40 bucks to ship...that's the cheapest I've found with shipping included anywhere on the net. Most places are charging big freight 150 plus.

Didn't do much today other that source the net for parts and gathering a few more things to get my truck just a little taller.

In doing so, if anyone needs new or wants to upgrade leaf springs, Parts Geek has got a killer deal on Dorman 43-695HD 6/1 pack springs....200 a side and 40 bucks to ship...that's the cheapest I've found with shipping included anywhere on the net. Most places are charging big freight 150 plus.

Found this fantastic bench seat today on FB Martetplace. $75 and is the original color of my interior. I think it must have been reapolstered at some point because of the amazing condition. It was in a work truck. BTW I forgot sitting on one of these in the sun is the equivalent to sitting directly on the surface of the sun! Old seat was blue and from the wrong generation.

20220708_135246.jpg.46331b8b88291fadbc2ab00cc9d27365.jpg

20220708_121709.jpg.023af823d3f5d0afdaa524b4521c8e32.jpg

Found this fantastic bench seat today on FB Martetplace. $75 and is the original color of my interior. I think it must have been reapolstered at some point because of the amazing condition. It was in a work truck. BTW I forgot sitting on one of these in the sun is the equivalent to sitting directly on the surface of the sun! Old seat was blue and from the wrong generation.

Nice seat, great find!

Nice seat, great find!

That really ot a nice seat but you can see the bench and back don't have the embossed pattern or welting of stock.

You can kinda see that the sides are a different color too.

But it sure is a lot easier to keep clean than the blue velour one you have now.

(I have a red on red truck too!). :nabble_smiley_good:

That really ot a nice seat but you can see the bench and back don't have the embossed pattern or welting of stock.

You can kinda see that the sides are a different color too.

But it sure is a lot easier to keep clean than the blue velour one you have now.

(I have a red on red truck too!). :nabble_smiley_good:

20220611_1323332.jpg.abcd2700d2c0909adc7ec8307107394b.jpg

I wish I had red on red. Right now I'm rocking the Christmas theme. Eventually I hope to paint it baby blue though.

I wish I had red on red. Right now I'm rocking the Christmas theme. Eventually I hope to paint it baby blue though.

Put my coil spring level kit in and happy with where the front end sits now, but think I'm going to drop the the 6 inch pivot points for the axle now and probably lengthen the shocks again. She definitely rides stiffer. I stacked the blocks in the back like RC and Skyjacker wanted but that's just temporary until the new leaf springs show up. Just waiting in the new steering stabilizer to show up now since the one that came with my lift snapped off. Then new stainless brake hoses and probably new bleeders since I had to use vise grips to open them and some heat.

Following that she's off to have camber bushings changed cause I won't touch them lol.

20220709_144741.jpg.c76a5b766d79c8c5ac95996f35d32fe6.jpg

Put my coil spring level kit in and happy with where the front end sits now, but think I'm going to drop the the 6 inch pivot points for the axle now and probably lengthen the shocks again. She definitely rides stiffer. I stacked the blocks in the back like RC and Skyjacker wanted but that's just temporary until the new leaf springs show up. Just waiting in the new steering stabilizer to show up now since the one that came with my lift snapped off. Then new stainless brake hoses and probably new bleeders since I had to use vise grips to open them and some heat.

Following that she's off to have camber bushings changed cause I won't touch them lol.

Looking good, Angelo! :nabble_anim_claps: