Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's the one. It was very easy to install, well thought out & constructed. I was thinking about making my own, but this was much quicker than I would have taken to collect all the parts and fabricate.

I spent that much buying the parts and making my own. So, did you get it installed? Can you tell a difference?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope it is warmer and drier there than here. Snowed and is around 20. Brrrrr!

We had a dusting on the ground yesterday morning.

Then some more flurries in the afternoon.

High in the 20's today and calling for low teens overnight.

This is what I'd expect for the season, although there is not so much snow *on the ground* as normal

We had a dusting on the ground yesterday morning.

Then some more flurries in the afternoon.

High in the 20's today and calling for low teens overnight.

This is what I'd expect for the season, although there is not so much snow *on the ground* as normal

We don't have much snow on the ground, maybe 2". But I heard at lunch time today that it was warmer in Antarctica than here! Of course it's summer in Antarctica right now so it's not surprising that they're at a balmy 0 deg F (at noon it was about 5 below here in St. Paul MN).

And Alaska is a lot warmer. I just heard 18 F for Anchorage.

We don't have much snow on the ground, maybe 2". But I heard at lunch time today that it was warmer in Antarctica than here! Of course it's summer in Antarctica right now so it's not surprising that they're at a balmy 0 deg F (at noon it was about 5 below here in St. Paul MN).

It'll be 9 here in the morning, and the GLK is sitting out. This will be the coldest we've had it, so I'm going to let the glow plugs do their thing for a few seconds before cranking. Never bothered to before, but ....

It'll be 9 here in the morning, and the GLK is sitting out. This will be the coldest we've had it, so I'm going to let the glow plugs do their thing for a few seconds before cranking. Never bothered to before, but ....

As the machine shop said the spindles were done by noon so I picked them up.

I had family here for the holiday so I did not get as much done (like nothing) I as should had.

I hope over the new years weekend to get the spindles changed over, bleed the brakes and maybe some work done on the bed.

Dave ----

As the machine shop said the spindles were done by noon so I picked them up.

I had family here for the holiday so I did not get as much done (like nothing) I as should had.

I hope over the new years weekend to get the spindles changed over, bleed the brakes and maybe some work done on the bed.

Dave ----

Stealing Jim's line, progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good: And getting things like the spindles done is a big step.

I spent that much buying the parts and making my own. So, did you get it installed? Can you tell a difference?

Yes, installation took me about 20 minutes, and most of that was measuring the wire path and talking to my son explaining why I was doing it.

There seems to be a difference in brightness, but more concrete improvement was the recovery of 1.24 volt loss as measured at the terminal in the sockets. I feel good about taking the stress off the switch, too.

My British motorcycle enjoyed a similar set up a few years back after the switch heated & burned out on a long trip. I was always curious why engineers made that particular design.

My parking brake cables seem to be seizing up and I think this may be contributing to poorer mileage, along with the choke being/staying on more now that temps are below freezing all day.

I'll order new cables and dig into it when I replace my tire.