Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Another day of good weather on almost the shortest day and a couple hours of power outtage let me play work hooky & gave me an opportunity to pull the instrument cluster and change the dash lights.

I ended up with an extra amber (no "emissions" dash light where I thought it would be on the upper left). If anyone can use it, let me know and I'll send it off.

Glad you are making such good progress. But I'm confused about the amber light. Is this a bulb or the label that goes over the opening?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you are making such good progress. But I'm confused about the amber light. Is this a bulb or the label that goes over the opening?

SHE LIVES!

After hooking up the rag joint for the steering column I installed the batt. and with everything turned off hooked it up and no smoke.

Got brave so turned the key on and had 1 dash light on, turned out it was the seat belt light.

Got brave II and the motor turned over so the next step was to add a little fuel (lacquer thinner) to the carb and cranked it over and it fired up.

I was beyond happy that it fired up. Next step will be to have it run off a jug of fuel as I don't want fuel sitting in the tank(s) till I get it on the road.

Dave ----

SHE LIVES!

After hooking up the rag joint for the steering column I installed the batt. and with everything turned off hooked it up and no smoke.

Got brave so turned the key on and had 1 dash light on, turned out it was the seat belt light.

Got brave II and the motor turned over so the next step was to add a little fuel (lacquer thinner) to the carb and cranked it over and it fired up.

I was beyond happy that it fired up. Next step will be to have it run off a jug of fuel as I don't want fuel sitting in the tank(s) till I get it on the road.

Dave ----

Congratulations Dave!

You can now say you've had it running in 2017 :nabble_anim_claps:

SHE LIVES!

Dave ----

Congrat's!!!!!! :nabble_anim_jump: That must be a really, REALLY good feeling.

Congrat's!!!!!! :nabble_anim_jump: That must be a really, REALLY good feeling.

Thanks guys

Yes it was a good feeling even for the short time it ran off the fuel down the carb.

When this was all happening I forgot to look at the gauges to see if the oil and tach worked.

The key does not return like it should so need to look into that.

Hope to do that today if I can get away from family and cooking for a little bit.

Dave ----

Woot! Congratulations, Dave. What a great way to end the year.

Gary, I just swapped all the size 194 bulbs for the instrument cluster illumination, and all the warning bulbs in the strip above the gauges.

I had expected an "Emissions" light on the far left of the warning light strip, but when I got in there, there is a socket, but no wiring and no "window" film, just an opaque plastic strip. So I have an extra amber 194-sized 360 degree LED if anyone needs it.

Woot! Congratulations, Dave. What a great way to end the year.

Gary, I just swapped all the size 194 bulbs for the instrument cluster illumination, and all the warning bulbs in the strip above the gauges.

I had expected an "Emissions" light on the far left of the warning light strip, but when I got in there, there is a socket, but no wiring and no "window" film, just an opaque plastic strip. So I have an extra amber 194-sized 360 degree LED if anyone needs it.

Ahhh! Dawn, Marblehead! Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Cool! I didn't even know Rocketman was making relay kits. I assume you have the HRKU-2 kit? That looks like a very good one. Enjoy! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's the one. It was very easy to install, well thought out & constructed. I was thinking about making my own, but this was much quicker than I would have taken to collect all the parts and fabricate.