Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gonna need a BIG tree this year!

Not much to the truck.

I went in at 2am for work and go out about 9am so on the way home I took a little side trip to a Cars & Coffee jut to see if anything was going on.

Being close to the holiday and it looking like it was going to rain, it did on the way home, there were a good number of cars.

I have been driving my truck for 2 weeks, rain or shine, they are doing construction next door at work so a lot of orange clay dust and they try and wash the road so that got on my truck also.

I had people stop by to take a look and said they like it. One guy even remembered the truck from another show I was at.

There was a 77 Ford F100 that was a 10 footer that he put a lot of work in to.

Like me he uses the truck for home depot runs when needed and drives it all over but was the first I have seen it.

There was a 85 Dodge p/u, ex-forest truck, another guys project.

He knows the onion / snow ball all to well :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

It started with needing to replace the exh manifolds, v8, and was cheaper to go with headers.

Now you need to do a intake manifold & carb swap and heck lets do a cam swap too .....

Both trucks had some cool lighting upgrades for head lights that had the turn lights in them.

I know one set was SAE as I seen it on the glass, did not check the Ford that close.

Also the Dodge was using a small display speedo set up on top of the dash that worked off GPS.

He said it works pretty good and matched the app on his phone.

Got it off Amazon for like $25 so guys that need a speedo might check Amazon for a GPS type.

Oh I did stop and pick up 2 oil filters (made sure they had anti-drain back valves as the old dose not), 6qt of oil and some carb clean.

The clean is to wash the motor down so I can find where the oil leak is coming from.

Dave ----

Not much to the truck.

I went in at 2am for work and go out about 9am so on the way home I took a little side trip to a Cars & Coffee jut to see if anything was going on.

Being close to the holiday and it looking like it was going to rain, it did on the way home, there were a good number of cars.

I have been driving my truck for 2 weeks, rain or shine, they are doing construction next door at work so a lot of orange clay dust and they try and wash the road so that got on my truck also.

I had people stop by to take a look and said they like it. One guy even remembered the truck from another show I was at.

Like me he uses the truck for home depot runs when needed and drives it all over but was the first I have seen it.

It started with needing to replace the exh manifolds, v8, and was cheaper to go with headers.

Now you need to do a intake manifold & carb swap and heck lets do a cam swap too .....

Both trucks had some cool lighting upgrades for head lights that had the turn lights in them.

I know one set was SAE as I seen it on the glass, did not check the Ford that close.

Also the Dodge was using a small display speedo set up on top of the dash that worked off GPS.

Got it off Amazon for like $25 so guys that need a speedo might check Amazon for a GPS type.

Oh I did stop and pick up 2 oil filters (made sure they had anti-drain back valves as the old dose not), 6qt of oil and some carb clean.

The clean is to wash the motor down so I can find where the oil leak is coming from.

Dave ----

Yep, I'm keenly aware of "the onion / snow ball". Been there, done that, continue to do that, and have done it sooooo many times I feel at home doing it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

On the lighting, I've read that there are illegal LED systems that actually say SAE on them. I don't know if that's true or not, but according to Daniel Stern there are far more very poor LED headlights than there are good ones. So beware.

Yep, I'm keenly aware of "the onion / snow ball". Been there, done that, continue to do that, and have done it sooooo many times I feel at home doing it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

On the lighting, I've read that there are illegal LED systems that actually say SAE on them. I don't know if that's true or not, but according to Daniel Stern there are far more very poor LED headlights than there are good ones. So beware.

I did read your posting on the head lights and I remembered some being really bad but forgot the SAE part as that is why I looked at the one set closer.

I kind of liked the turn lights in that light as it flashed across 3 bars like some of the newer cars (mustangs) do. The other looked to just be a LED flash but still cool for a change.

On my Javelin I have on the shelf head lights with a 1 LED turn / park bulb as the lights in the bumperI want to replace with driving lights.

I also have rear flashing across 2 bulbs on each side. When I get to the install point I may call the company to see if I can add more bulbs, 3 or 4 per side, as their newer kit have more bulbs.

I bought all this before it was a "thing" like it is now :nabble_smiley_angry:

Dave ----

Not much to the truck.

Dave ----

I assumed that pretty much all oil filters had anti-drain back valves. Is that not the case? I just install a Fram on my 302 and now you have me worried:nabble_smiley_oh_no:

I did read your posting on the head lights and I remembered some being really bad but forgot the SAE part as that is why I looked at the one set closer.

I kind of liked the turn lights in that light as it flashed across 3 bars like some of the newer cars (mustangs) do. The other looked to just be a LED flash but still cool for a change.

On my Javelin I have on the shelf head lights with a 1 LED turn / park bulb as the lights in the bumperI want to replace with driving lights.

I also have rear flashing across 2 bulbs on each side. When I get to the install point I may call the company to see if I can add more bulbs, 3 or 4 per side, as their newer kit have more bulbs.

I bought all this before it was a "thing" like it is now :nabble_smiley_angry:

Dave ----

Next time get some pics of the lights? I'm curious what you saw.