Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Page 82 here says you got it right: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/heating-ventilation--air-conditioning.html.

On the heater for the garage, be careful with the moisture that the heater produces. Lots of condensation on the cold parts. And, there's the carbon monoxide as well.

Anyway, I'm jealous of your progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

I was looking all over for that as I knew I had seen it some place. I will recheck my work just to make sure.

Someone else also said something about the moisture. I did not have that (this time) on metal parts or the cement floor.

As for the carbon monoxide reviews from others said they had meters and not once did they sound off and some were in tight buildings. My garage with no insulation, ridge & soffit vents has enough ventilation I was not worried.

I hope to hear it run next weekend. That would be the first time since I backed it in the garage back in early Dec 2015.

Should be fun to see if we got the wiring right and not to let out the magic smoke :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Page 82 here says you got it right: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/heating-ventilation--air-conditioning.html.

On the heater for the garage, be careful with the moisture that the heater produces. Lots of condensation on the cold parts. And, there's the carbon monoxide as well.

Anyway, I'm jealous of your progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

I was looking all over for that as I knew I had seen it some place. I will recheck my work just to make sure.

Someone else also said something about the moisture. I did not have that (this time) on metal parts or the cement floor.

As for the carbon monoxide reviews from others said they had meters and not once did they sound off and some were in tight buildings. My garage with no insulation, ridge & soffit vents has enough ventilation I was not worried.

I hope to hear it run next weekend. That would be the first time since I backed it in the garage back in early Dec 2015.

Should be fun to see if we got the wiring right and not to let out the magic smoke :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

I hope you get it fired up this coming weekend. Two years - not bad at all for all the work you've done. :nabble_anim_claps:

I hope you get it fired up this coming weekend. Two years - not bad at all for all the work you've done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Ok, so what did I do to/for/with my truck today? Not all that much:

• Fog Lamp Bezel: Hopefully finished the drawing of the bezel by fixing the mistakes Ron caught and then shipped him the file for printing, assuming it passes everyone's review.

• Fog Lamp Switch: Spent quite a bit of time looking through 40 of the 247 pages of switches on the Allied site. Got bleary eyed and decided to ask the professionals so contacted Allied, Granger, and DigiKey.

DigiKey said they can't help. Allied said "We have 2,488 switches to choose from. You can make your choice and order online." Let's hope Granger is a bit more helpful. :nabble_smiley_cry: But, I do see a way we could use the normal tank switch with some modifications.

• Overlanding: Talked to a friend that sells this kind of equipment and got more info on tents, racks,

storage, etc. No decisions yet, but at least I have more info to discuss with my son over Christmas.

Then I started catching up with some of the posts on here, and found Bill's new post in his whitepaper on Darth. Wow! I'm loving it! But, I wondered how many words he's typed, so I put everything he's done on Darth into Word: 8 pages and 4,753 words. :nabble_smiley_good: Way to go, Bill!

Ok, so what did I do to/for/with my truck today? Not all that much:

• Fog Lamp Bezel: Hopefully finished the drawing of the bezel by fixing the mistakes Ron caught and then shipped him the file for printing, assuming it passes everyone's review.

• Fog Lamp Switch: Spent quite a bit of time looking through 40 of the 247 pages of switches on the Allied site. Got bleary eyed and decided to ask the professionals so contacted Allied, Granger, and DigiKey.

DigiKey said they can't help. Allied said "We have 2,488 switches to choose from. You can make your choice and order online." Let's hope Granger is a bit more helpful. :nabble_smiley_cry: But, I do see a way we could use the normal tank switch with some modifications.

• Overlanding: Talked to a friend that sells this kind of equipment and got more info on tents, racks,

storage, etc. No decisions yet, but at least I have more info to discuss with my son over Christmas.

Then I started catching up with some of the posts on here, and found Bill's new post in his whitepaper on Darth. Wow! I'm loving it! But, I wondered how many words he's typed, so I put everything he's done on Darth into Word: 8 pages and 4,753 words. :nabble_smiley_good: Way to go, Bill!

I'll never catch you, I tend to do my planning, particularly on wiring on Excel spreadsheets so I can match wire colors and connectors. Then I will do a rough layout on the area where it needs to run so I can do my take offs and needed splice locations. Then I will use colored tape to located the clips that hold it and secure the result with zip ties. I tape it much like the factory, but prefer to use wire loom to keep it all together. If I had a jig like the factories use to hold all the wires in place, I could tape it all at once.

Mechanical stuff, I will test fit, then once I am satisfied, if new mounting holes need to be made, I will do that after measuring carefully to be sure I don't drill in the wrong place.

I'll never catch you...

My father would have said "If that's a complement then I thank you." :nabble_anim_blbl:

Seriously though, I have a spreadsheet I'm working on to tell me what sensors and wiring I'll need on a EEC-V system. So, I do see the need for off-line work and documentation. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll never catch you...

My father would have said "If that's a complement then I thank you." :nabble_anim_blbl:

Seriously though, I have a spreadsheet I'm working on to tell me what sensors and wiring I'll need on a EEC-V system. So, I do see the need for off-line work and documentation. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not really to the truck but for the truck.

At 4am I loaded up the 2 spindles & kingpin kit figuring if I got out of work early I could stop by a speed shop, never been in the place, that does race engines to see if they could press out/in the bushings and ream to size.

Well I did get out early, I did stop by the speed shop but he told me they do just engine work and did not have to tools to do the job. I was happy he was up front not being able to do the job.

I did get a name for another shop that is a machine shop so going to try them first chance I get.

Oh at 4am I also checked both dash frames I have, to see if they have the "D" shape hole & slot for the fog light switch and they do.

Dave ----

Not really to the truck but for the truck.

At 4am I loaded up the 2 spindles & kingpin kit figuring if I got out of work early I could stop by a speed shop, never been in the place, that does race engines to see if they could press out/in the bushings and ream to size.

Well I did get out early, I did stop by the speed shop but he told me they do just engine work and did not have to tools to do the job. I was happy he was up front not being able to do the job.

I did get a name for another shop that is a machine shop so going to try them first chance I get.

Oh at 4am I also checked both dash frames I have, to see if they have the "D" shape hole & slot for the fog light switch and they do.

Dave ----

I think all the dash frames had the hole, but I'll confess I haven't checked Big Blue's. And, since the catalog says the switch was 1980 - 84 it is possible that the '85 dash doesn't have it. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, hope the machine shop can press the bushings.

I think all the dash frames had the hole, but I'll confess I haven't checked Big Blue's. And, since the catalog says the switch was 1980 - 84 it is possible that the '85 dash doesn't have it. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, hope the machine shop can press the bushings.

Didn't do anything to it, with it, I took the convertible to Pete's so Donnie can get the floor fixed. I did notice I may have a need for the heater core I got form Jim, I have had a bit of an antifreeze smell when the heat was on, when we stopped at the Cape Charles McDonalds for breakfast it was noticeably stronger, no underhood leaks, so I will have to investigate the heater core.

Didn't do anything to it, with it, I took the convertible to Pete's so Donnie can get the floor fixed. I did notice I may have a need for the heater core I got form Jim, I have had a bit of an antifreeze smell when the heat was on, when we stopped at the Cape Charles McDonalds for breakfast it was noticeably stronger, no underhood leaks, so I will have to investigate the heater core.

And you said you had no use for the core...... :nabble_smiley_good:

At least *something* is working out.

I got to use my spare tire yesterday.

And you said you had no use for the core...... :nabble_smiley_good:

At least *something* is working out.

I got to use my spare tire yesterday.

IMG_20171218_142338.thumb.jpg.9f9f35f67539a46144fe8ae946037c70.jpg

Sure, it had to be a big sidewall tear.

And it HAD to be one of the new tires I put on in September. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

And, of course the *only* place to safely pull over is a mud pit.

IMG_20171218_142311.jpg.98c3eda7e176e9a0a2db005af901c805.jpg

Yay!

I'm glad I had some plywood and planks to get it packed up.

And I'm thankful that I keep that 1-1/16" impact socket in the glove box...