Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, it's a labor of love, but I'm proud of how all 3 of mine have turned out so far. Not all my doing, but they are good kids - no illegal or stupid habits or leanings.

oh, i only wish i could say that! my second chance at life gave me the opportunity to raise two more children whereas my first just gave me the bill and the blame. i have said a thousand times " if you are going to judge a man by his children. judge me by the two i raised not the ones i did not"! i love all of them but some are waaaaaay out there. you roll the dice and get you what you get.

oh, i only wish i could say that! my second chance at life gave me the opportunity to raise two more children whereas my first just gave me the bill and the blame. i have said a thousand times " if you are going to judge a man by his children. judge me by the two i raised not the ones i did not"! i love all of them but some are waaaaaay out there. you roll the dice and get you what you get.

re HVAC dash control

Thanks for the tips, I have looked on some of the other sites, and looks like that is the way to do it. I'll give it a shot when the weather clears, still have heat from the defrosters and a little out the floor. There's an 83 at the local Upull may get that one if it looks ok.

Bill

re HVAC dash control

Thanks for the tips, I have looked on some of the other sites, and looks like that is the way to do it. I'll give it a shot when the weather clears, still have heat from the defrosters and a little out the floor. There's an 83 at the local Upull may get that one if it looks ok.

Bill

WHYDTYTT? Drove it. Almost 200 miles. Just needed to get away, so we decided to go to Tahlequah, which is where we met in college.

On the way back someone in a flatbed bowtie pulled out from a side street in Hulbert and drove 25 in a 45 and then eventually 55 in a 65. By the time the first passing zone came I was frustrated, so I slipped BB into 4th and took off - as did he. No contest, but the speedo was about to about to go out of sight. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, we made it to the next town quite handily, and parked here to go to the Red Rooster. There's at least one person on here who knows where that is, although he wasn't available today. And the lady running the Red Rooster is to tell him hello for me. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Big_Blue_In_Wagoner.thumb.jpg.c0ad8f92ff16fb30b08d03069b03b029.jpg

On the way back someone in a flatbed bowtie pulled out from a side street in Hulbert and drove 25 in a 45 and then eventually 55 in a 65. By the time the first passing zone came I was frustrated, so I slipped BB into 4th and took off - as did he.

I HATE when people do that. It has to be one of the most inconsiderate things you can do while driving.

On the way back someone in a flatbed bowtie pulled out from a side street in Hulbert and drove 25 in a 45 and then eventually 55 in a 65. By the time the first passing zone came I was frustrated, so I slipped BB into 4th and took off - as did he.

I HATE when people do that. It has to be one of the most inconsiderate things you can do while driving.

I agree. And they rarely succeed in keeping me from passing. I do NOT want to follow someone like that, someone who isn't actually "driving" but is carrying on a conversation and just happens to be behind the wheel. So I make sure to overtake quickly and put a fair amount of distance between us.

WHYDTYTT? Drove it. Almost 200 miles. Just needed to get away, so we decided to go to Tahlequah, which is where we met in college.

On the way back someone in a flatbed bowtie pulled out from a side street in Hulbert and drove 25 in a 45 and then eventually 55 in a 65. By the time the first passing zone came I was frustrated, so I slipped BB into 4th and took off - as did he. No contest, but the speedo was about to about to go out of sight. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, we made it to the next town quite handily, and parked here to go to the Red Rooster. There's at least one person on here who knows where that is, although he wasn't available today. And the lady running the Red Rooster is to tell him hello for me. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I sure wished I'd been off yesterday, Gary! Where your truck is sitting in that picture, I parked Blackie many times. You probably didn't pay much attention to it, but my office was that corner spot right there adjacent to where you parked. I was there almost fifteen years. About six months after I left, the roof fell in on it and it has since become an eye sore that the city has acquired.

Red Rooster......good food, wonderful people. I'll bet you spoke to Liz. Her family were once patients of mine. Her husband is a Pastor here in town. Did Janey find what she was looking for? Make a friend?

You took Hwy 51 from Tahlequah to Wagoner and experienced what I have experienced many times! They'll wait till the last minute, pull right out in front of you, causing you to hit the brakes, and then won't even do the speed limit. And, it's not always easy to pass either. I traveled that road daily for almost six years. When my daughter was living at home and going to school there, I would not allow her to make that drive in the dark. Ohhhhh, and don't even speed through Hulbert! I probably paid for a street light or two in that town....:nabble_smiley_sad:

Don't come through town without saying hello!

Nice picture of Blue, too!!!

I sure wished I'd been off yesterday, Gary! Where your truck is sitting in that picture, I parked Blackie many times. You probably didn't pay much attention to it, but my office was that corner spot right there adjacent to where you parked. I was there almost fifteen years. About six months after I left, the roof fell in on it and it has since become an eye sore that the city has acquired.

Red Rooster......good food, wonderful people. I'll bet you spoke to Liz. Her family were once patients of mine. Her husband is a Pastor here in town. Did Janey find what she was looking for? Make a friend?

You took Hwy 51 from Tahlequah to Wagoner and experienced what I have experienced many times! They'll wait till the last minute, pull right out in front of you, causing you to hit the brakes, and then won't even do the speed limit. And, it's not always easy to pass either. I traveled that road daily for almost six years. When my daughter was living at home and going to school there, I would not allow her to make that drive in the dark. Ohhhhh, and don't even speed through Hulbert! I probably paid for a street light or two in that town....:nabble_smiley_sad:

Don't come through town without saying hello!

Nice picture of Blue, too!!!

No, I didn't pay any attention to the building behind where I stood to take the pic. I'd spotted the building across the street as we sat at the table in the window at Red Rooster and knew you'd recognize it. So as we left I took the pic.

Yes, Liz knows you quite well. Said she'll say hello for me the next time she sees you. But Janey was just looking and didn't find anything. However, we did have coffee and cake - excellent!

Right, Highway 51. I took it easy going through Hulbert, even slipping it into 3rd so I could go slowly. All went well until we got to the west edge of town and this clown pulls out. Initially he was pointing out things to his passenger and couldn't be bothered to drive. In fact, from the hand gestures I don't see how he was steering. The conversation must have continued as his speed was always way below the limit, and so did the double-yellow lines for miles out of town. But when they stopped I was ready, having dropped down to 4th, and in that gear you are turning 2000 RPM at 55 MPH and it'll pull quite well.

Next time we are coming through I'll get with you. But yesterday's trip was on a whim. We both wanted out of the house and I wanted to drive Big Blue. So she picked Tahlequah and away we went. We'd tried to eat at Pasti when we were through there while on the GOAT, but they were remodeling. So we gave them a second chance and it was well worth it. :nabble_smiley_good:

No, I didn't pay any attention to the building behind where I stood to take the pic. I'd spotted the building across the street as we sat at the table in the window at Red Rooster and knew you'd recognize it. So as we left I took the pic.

Yes, Liz knows you quite well. Said she'll say hello for me the next time she sees you. But Janey was just looking and didn't find anything. However, we did have coffee and cake - excellent!

Right, Highway 51. I took it easy going through Hulbert, even slipping it into 3rd so I could go slowly. All went well until we got to the west edge of town and this clown pulls out. Initially he was pointing out things to his passenger and couldn't be bothered to drive. In fact, from the hand gestures I don't see how he was steering. The conversation must have continued as his speed was always way below the limit, and so did the double-yellow lines for miles out of town. But when they stopped I was ready, having dropped down to 4th, and in that gear you are turning 2000 RPM at 55 MPH and it'll pull quite well.

Next time we are coming through I'll get with you. But yesterday's trip was on a whim. We both wanted out of the house and I wanted to drive Big Blue. So she picked Tahlequah and away we went. We'd tried to eat at Pasti when we were through there while on the GOAT, but they were remodeling. So we gave them a second chance and it was well worth it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I had a glove box full of gas tickets I needed to put into my note book.

I have kept it from the get go 12 - 4 -2019 when I bought the truck.

First drive as a test around the block 10 - 2019 it had 37439.3 miles on the clock

Last time I got gas 12 - 1 - 2021 and 53073.8 on the clock.

That is 15,634.5 miles since on the road in 2 years!

I did not think I had that much on it but with 37+ miles each way to work not counting little trips here & there it adds up fast. I built it as a driver and guess that is what I have been doing LOL

As for MPG I went back 9 fill ups and got 15.50 MPG avg

I am still working on timing as I get pining at WOT, been adjusting the vacuum can.

Once I got that under control I will work on leaning out the carb as the AFR meter is showing rich but it has gotten a little better with the timing changes.

Dave ----

ps I need to do a oil change now that I know how far I have gone LOL

I had a glove box full of gas tickets I needed to put into my note book.

I have kept it from the get go 12 - 4 -2019 when I bought the truck.

First drive as a test around the block 10 - 2019 it had 37439.3 miles on the clock

Last time I got gas 12 - 1 - 2021 and 53073.8 on the clock.

That is 15,634.5 miles since on the road in 2 years!

I did not think I had that much on it but with 37+ miles each way to work not counting little trips here & there it adds up fast. I built it as a driver and guess that is what I have been doing LOL

As for MPG I went back 9 fill ups and got 15.50 MPG avg

I am still working on timing as I get pining at WOT, been adjusting the vacuum can.

Once I got that under control I will work on leaning out the carb as the AFR meter is showing rich but it has gotten a little better with the timing changes.

Dave ----

ps I need to do a oil change now that I know how far I have gone LOL

New carb day!! Runs a little better, seems to NOT leak. Run up to 80 and still had more left. Won't know if mileage improves on this tank, because there was a lot of idling and quite a bit of WOT.

IMG_20211211_125004190.jpg.381a2b483af9f4d0e22a8aeed61725bf.jpg