Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starters and alternators, and the starter relay on another. Seems to be electrical season.

Currently helping a neighbor diagnose a crank, but no fire situation on his 1994 Ranger. Getting 40lbs pressure and fuel at the rail, and spark tester shows a dim light so tomorrow I'll be looking into the ignition control module. I swapped the coils around (8-plug 2.3) and no change, but I'll double check them as well while I'm at it.

Starters and alternators, and the starter relay on another. Seems to be electrical season.

Currently helping a neighbor diagnose a crank, but no fire situation on his 1994 Ranger. Getting 40lbs pressure and fuel at the rail, and spark tester shows a dim light so tomorrow I'll be looking into the ignition control module. I swapped the coils around (8-plug 2.3) and no change, but I'll double check them as well while I'm at it.

Yesterday I used the truck for the first time in a week to do the weekly trash run in my "garbage truck" LOL

Well the AC was not working, it did last week, and the compressor was going on & off a sign of low charge.

A few weeks before I topped off the system as it was a little low from the last fix.

I was pissed so all I did was a quick look under the hood and left it.

My son took a look and found when I topped it off I added 134a fitting adapters and 1 of them was loose :nabble_smiley_blush:

He tightened it up, cleaned it and used a little sealer then added 2 cans and said it is bolwing cool again but may need 1 more can.

I cant win with this AC system, this is like the 3rd time I needed to re-charge it :nabble_smiley_angry: I hope this is the last.

Because they are talking rain here over the weekend the show I was going to Saturday has been called off till next April :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Dave ----

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I used the truck for the first time in a week to do the weekly trash run in my "garbage truck" LOL

Well the AC was not working, it did last week, and the compressor was going on & off a sign of low charge.

A few weeks before I topped off the system as it was a little low from the last fix.

I was pissed so all I did was a quick look under the hood and left it.

My son took a look and found when I topped it off I added 134a fitting adapters and 1 of them was loose :nabble_smiley_blush:

He tightened it up, cleaned it and used a little sealer then added 2 cans and said it is bolwing cool again but may need 1 more can.

I cant win with this AC system, this is like the 3rd time I needed to re-charge it :nabble_smiley_angry: I hope this is the last.

Because they are talking rain here over the weekend the show I was going to Saturday has been called off till next April :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Dave ----

I didn’t done it, but anywho, I took my truck in to have the front end checked out as I was convinced some stuff was loose and or worn.

Ended up being the shocks. The mounts were bad enough to make some rattles.

I had planned on changing them. So before I took truck in I was looking into getting some. At the time I couldn’t find any online for the front I believe it was. My favorite local parts store had some, a little more costly, but they had them.

When the shop called he started to give me the options, which I think meant he was having trouble finding some. I say think because I interjected and said I have them, he said great problem solved. I’m on my own as far as warranty goes, which I understand.

I noticed yesterday it’s stance is better, sitting a little higher, at least to me, and I could be losing it. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Rides much better.

I didn’t done it, but anywho, I took my truck in to have the front end checked out as I was convinced some stuff was loose and or worn.

Ended up being the shocks. The mounts were bad enough to make some rattles.

I had planned on changing them. So before I took truck in I was looking into getting some. At the time I couldn’t find any online for the front I believe it was. My favorite local parts store had some, a little more costly, but they had them.

When the shop called he started to give me the options, which I think meant he was having trouble finding some. I say think because I interjected and said I have them, he said great problem solved. I’m on my own as far as warranty goes, which I understand.

I noticed yesterday it’s stance is better, sitting a little higher, at least to me, and I could be losing it. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Rides much better.

I have noticed the ride height difference before. The 2001 Subie certainly sat higher with new shocks.

Anyway, glad that's all it was. Cheap fix, relative to what it could have been, and made the ride better as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have noticed the ride height difference before. The 2001 Subie certainly sat higher with new shocks.

Anyway, glad that's all it was. Cheap fix, relative to what it could have been, and made the ride better as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yeah, I was pretty stoked!

Yeah, I was pretty stoked!

I recently got around to replacing my leaky master cylinder. It leaked out the back very slowly but only ever lost fluid from the reservoir for the rear brakes. I now have much better brakes than I did which was not bad at all. In fact I was surprised at how much better they are that I am now getting full pressure to the rear brakes now. I painted it so to help it to not rust. I'll see how long it lasts.100_3634.jpg.d581aa1c9f0881b1efb34fbeaf628ba5.jpg

I recently got around to replacing my leaky master cylinder. It leaked out the back very slowly but only ever lost fluid from the reservoir for the rear brakes. I now have much better brakes than I did which was not bad at all. In fact I was surprised at how much better they are that I am now getting full pressure to the rear brakes now. I painted it so to help it to not rust. I'll see how long it lasts.

Looks good, Frank. You are lucky that it didn't destroy the booster. Usually when they leak out the back they leak into the booster, and before long the booster is eaten up from the inside and starts leaking.

I recently got around to replacing my leaky master cylinder. It leaked out the back very slowly but only ever lost fluid from the reservoir for the rear brakes. I now have much better brakes than I did which was not bad at all. In fact I was surprised at how much better they are that I am now getting full pressure to the rear brakes now. I painted it so to help it to not rust. I'll see how long it lasts.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good, Frank. You are lucky that it didn't destroy the booster. Usually when they leak out the back they leak into the booster, and before long the booster is eaten up from the inside and starts leaking.

The booster needs replacing. It has had a vacuum leak ever since it was put on my previous truck in 2005. I picked it up at a salvage yard to replace a booster that did not work at all. I got this truck eleven years ago and moved the booster, master cylinder, and rotors and calipers to this truck. I have heard boosters with much larger vacuum leaks than this one. It has not got any worse but it is on my to-do list and when I do replace it I plan on getting a one ton booster. I also replaced the brake lines between the master cylinder and the combination valve as well due to both lines cracking when I attempted to remove them.