Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Was planning on a rebuild at some point, but my hand was forced when I lost all power going down the road and started hearing a high pitched squeal. Wish me luck!

Lubrication failure? Overheating?

I suppose you will find out soon enough.

Good luck Jeff!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one of these steps. Mine is from Northern Tool, but the same one is available from many places. But they, too, will slide if you are on a hard surface.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n102582/Northern_Tool_Aluminum_Step.jpg

Jeez, I've got to get me something like that. Working on my truck with the step stool I've been using is a real pain in the rear. Actually, in the belly from leaning over the radiator support panel and getting stuck in the hood closure mechanism.....:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I have one of these steps. Mine is from Northern Tool, but the same one is available from many places. But they, too, will slide if you are on a hard surface.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n102582/Northern_Tool_Aluminum_Step.jpg

Jeez, I've got to get me something like that. Working on my truck with the step stool I've been using is a real pain in the rear. Actually, in the belly from leaning over the radiator support panel and getting stuck in the hood closure mechanism.....:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Yes, that hurts!

I like the step, but it can move on you if you lean too much. So I've been known to strap it to the tire for working over the fender. And the one that goes over the tire might be better for that reason.

Yes, that hurts!

I like the step, but it can move on you if you lean too much. So I've been known to strap it to the tire for working over the fender. And the one that goes over the tire might be better for that reason.

I have 2 of the stools that Gary has I bought for when I painted the truck they now make a nice seat when not covered with stuff like a shelf:nabble_smiley_wink:

I also have 1 of the step that fits over the tire and I use it all the time.

You need to set the parking brake so the truck will not roll but others wise I like it better than the stools above because they will not push out from under your feet when leaning over the fenders into the engine bay.

I would say go for the tire step over the stool.

Dave ----