Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Next bummer is that they can't get a new cat until Tuesday. We're going up to the cabin this weekend. Packing everything and everyone into Lesley's Renegade or the Bronco won't be possible, but the Bronco can tow my utility trailer. That will make packing a bit more of a pain than the truck, but it'll work.

And good news, the police called us this afternoon to tell us that they were caught and and now in jail. I honestly am not hoping that they stay there for a long time, but I am glad that they were caught, and I hope that they take advantage of this opportunity to turn their lives in a better direction.

You must have heard of a test pipe :nabble_smiley_evil:

I need the truck this weekend, install the test and I will be back in on Monday!

Good they caught them, did they have your part? Maybe the shop could put it back on?

You would think who ever they turn the used cats into if they ask for ID and make a copy of it for record it would cut down on a lot of this.

The other red flag would be when they keep coming back in, how many cars / trucks do they have to be needing to change out bad cats?

What would be funny is when in jail their SUV lost its cat :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Dave ----

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next bummer is that they can't get a new cat until Tuesday. We're going up to the cabin this weekend. Packing everything and everyone into Lesley's Renegade or the Bronco won't be possible, but the Bronco can tow my utility trailer. That will make packing a bit more of a pain than the truck, but it'll work.

And good news, the police called us this afternoon to tell us that they were caught and and now in jail. I honestly am not hoping that they stay there for a long time, but I am glad that they were caught, and I hope that they take advantage of this opportunity to turn their lives in a better direction.

You must have heard of a test pipe :nabble_smiley_evil:

I need the truck this weekend, install the test and I will be back in on Monday!

Good they caught them, did they have your part? Maybe the shop could put it back on?

You would think who ever they turn the used cats into if they ask for ID and make a copy of it for record it would cut down on a lot of this.

The other red flag would be when they keep coming back in, how many cars / trucks do they have to be needing to change out bad cats?

What would be funny is when in jail their SUV lost its cat :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Dave ----

Yep, I've heard of test pipes. I didn't think there was any chance the shop would let it go out like that, and I had no chance to do it myself. And we were able to get everything in the Bronco and trailer, so we got to drive up with the top down. Not a bad second choice vehicle!

As far as my compassion, I was a little surprised by my reaction. I guess I've grown a bit in the last couple of years.

And no, they didn't have my cat when they were stopped.

Hey eerybody. Its coming up close to a year now that Brutus has been on the road as a daily driver. He got his first regular wax job yesterday in this sweltering Louisiana heat.

So far so good. It's over 110 feel like temp and the new AC system is still blowing cold. As some of you may or may not know, i didn't realize the pulley on the compressor was a bit bent when i installed it, but so far has not given any trouble. The ac belt does keep coming loose though, but this is a problem I have had with this truck since it was about 1 year old.

The seat cover i bought from Dash Designs has faded very badly and has turned this strange color green. I contacted dash designs and they are going to send me out a whole new one. The customer service guy told me that he has in very rare instances see them fade, but not as fast as mine did. I really hope the new one dosent fade. I really like the cover, i actually like it better then the factory seat material.

Hopefully we can get started back on the Ranchero this coming weekend. Once we get back going, i'll be posting about it in the Ford Lounge Thread.

1.jpg.5168038500cd4c6034138665eb5b5099.jpg

Hey eerybody. Its coming up close to a year now that Brutus has been on the road as a daily driver. He got his first regular wax job yesterday in this sweltering Louisiana heat.

So far so good. It's over 110 feel like temp and the new AC system is still blowing cold. As some of you may or may not know, i didn't realize the pulley on the compressor was a bit bent when i installed it, but so far has not given any trouble. The ac belt does keep coming loose though, but this is a problem I have had with this truck since it was about 1 year old.

The seat cover i bought from Dash Designs has faded very badly and has turned this strange color green. I contacted dash designs and they are going to send me out a whole new one. The customer service guy told me that he has in very rare instances see them fade, but not as fast as mine did. I really hope the new one dosent fade. I really like the cover, i actually like it better then the factory seat material.

Hopefully we can get started back on the Ranchero this coming weekend. Once we get back going, i'll be posting about it in the Ford Lounge Thread.

Good to hear, George. Let us know what transpires in the seat cover thing?

You obviously did a great job on getting Brutus back together. Well done, he's looking good!

Bummer that the seat cover faded, but it is wonderful that they are sending you another one.

As for the Ranchero, why not start a thread on it?

You obviously did a great job on getting Brutus back together. Well done, he's looking good!

Bummer that the seat cover faded, but it is wonderful that they are sending you another one.

As for the Ranchero, why not start a thread on it?

Gary. I was going to in the Ford Lounge, or do you want me to start a new thread?

It is your call, but I think you should start a new thread.

Snapchat-1206908092.thumb.jpg.58ec3f284aac8a8306592bee675c6269.jpg

Got one side hub swapped over from the auto hubs. Was going to do the bearings on that side too but for now just need to get it drivable. The drivers hub was staying half engaged and inner bearing went out, and in replacing that the inner spindle nut with the pin on it I could not remove due to the washer in front of its axle tang had spun into the threads meaning I had to break it to get it out. So I'm still waiting on spindle nuts since when I ordered the hubs Bronco Graveyard didn't send me the spindle nuts even though I ordered the kit that included them. Otherwise it's almost back together then it's time to seal some other things and get the lift kit ordered...

Shout out to Warn for the absolutely excellent fitment of these hubs as well.

Also update on the fuel issue...with the regulator unplugged over a day and a half she fired right up without issue. Definitely thinking it's toast.

Got one side hub swapped over from the auto hubs. Was going to do the bearings on that side too but for now just need to get it drivable. The drivers hub was staying half engaged and inner bearing went out, and in replacing that the inner spindle nut with the pin on it I could not remove due to the washer in front of its axle tang had spun into the threads meaning I had to break it to get it out. So I'm still waiting on spindle nuts since when I ordered the hubs Bronco Graveyard didn't send me the spindle nuts even though I ordered the kit that included them. Otherwise it's almost back together then it's time to seal some other things and get the lift kit ordered...

Shout out to Warn for the absolutely excellent fitment of these hubs as well.

Also update on the fuel issue...with the regulator unplugged over a day and a half she fired right up without issue. Definitely thinking it's toast.

Do your auto hubs have different nuts than the manual hubs? The later ones do and I'm wondering when the change was made.

Anyway, good progress. Hope you have it on the road soon. And I think you've figured out what the problem is on the fuel system. :nabble_smiley_good:

Do your auto hubs have different nuts than the manual hubs? The later ones do and I'm wondering when the change was made.

Anyway, good progress. Hope you have it on the road soon. And I think you've figured out what the problem is on the fuel system. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary, these hubs are still the "5 bolt" style. The later 3 bolt style auto hubs ( I think these came around 94?) have the different nuts. The manual hubs are a direct bolt in swap if you have the 5 bolt auto hubs. The conversion is pretty easy and takes about 15 minutes to do.

I did find a loose spindle nut so I cranked her back down.