Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Pretty sweet $14 upgrade from the local pull a part! No matter what I do with the image on my phone it won't upload upright. Sorry guys. :nabble_anim_confused:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n97040/PXL_20210516_184142051.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n97040/PXL_20210516_184207160.jpg

That is a nice up grade as the shroud only came with AC trucks, dont know why Ford did it that way?

When I added the AC from my parts truck it did not have a shroud and looking for one (LMC) I needed a number off it, how was that going to happen?

I did a lot of searching and measuring and found the later ones would work by trimming a 1/4" off each side and fit like a glove.

Because it was cheap & got 2 and figured I could make 1 that work work from both but did not need to.

Dave ----

Ford did some weird things when it came to the cooling system especially the fans. 5 bladed flex fan was standard for non AC setups but if you had a A/C system or HD cooling system (which my truck has but still had the 5 bladed fan) you had either a 7 bladed flex fan 1" larger in diameter than the 5 blade or you got a 6 bladed clutch fan.

Cant find the 7 bladed flexfan as no one has them and the part number brings up no results but I found out flex-a-lite sells a 7 bladed flex fan patterned like the OE with the blades offset for quiet operation but its the same diameter as the 5 bladed flex fan. I cant wait to see how this one works compared to the OE 5 blade I had.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sweet $14 upgrade from the local pull a part! No matter what I do with the image on my phone it won't upload upright. Sorry guys. :nabble_anim_confused:

I. Win.

Finally got all the pieces for a proper spare mounted in the proper location. Had em powder coated with the bumpers. The hardest piece to find undamaged was the forward most bolt, so I rolled the dice on this eyebolt from Ace. Fits like it belongs in there. Double nutted with a little blue loctite for you safety guardian angels!

PXL_20210517_201335134.jpg.ef420c68944e5495c8c83bda489f20a7.jpg

PXL_20210517_201433237.jpg.9b18befbb0e23793757b6a64157711b9.jpg

PXL_20210517_203704014.jpg.0889aa1cf008298444c1560b88649d6c.jpg

PXL_20210517_203642785.jpg.9dd03de5417afb345f0133cc7b01bc3b.jpg

I. Win.

Finally got all the pieces for a proper spare mounted in the proper location. Had em powder coated with the bumpers. The hardest piece to find undamaged was the forward most bolt, so I rolled the dice on this eyebolt from Ace. Fits like it belongs in there. Double nutted with a little blue loctite for you safety guardian angels!

Nice job!

I. Win.

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

I. Win.

THat looks good. I want to do this at some point. I have all the parts under there except the tire holddown thingie and I ordered it from LMC. HOWEVER, the blind nut on the J bolt or whatever I busted and rusted, so it just spins. Did not try the spare I have under there and it has a big old screw or nail in it. Wheel needs media blasting, etc. Several little things I need to do before i can try it. AND the tailpipe may not have been bent to clear the tire.

Yours looks great and is inspiring.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n97040/PXL_20210516_184142051.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n97040/PXL_20210516_184207160.jpg

That is a nice up grade as the shroud only came with AC trucks, dont know why Ford did it that way?

When I added the AC from my parts truck it did not have a shroud and looking for one (LMC) I needed a number off it, how was that going to happen?

I did a lot of searching and measuring and found the later ones would work by trimming a 1/4" off each side and fit like a glove.

Because it was cheap & got 2 and figured I could make 1 that work work from both but did not need to.

Dave ----

Ford did some weird things when it came to the cooling system especially the fans. 5 bladed flex fan was standard for non AC setups but if you had a A/C system or HD cooling system (which my truck has but still had the 5 bladed fan) you had either a 7 bladed flex fan 1" larger in diameter than the 5 blade or you got a 6 bladed clutch fan.

Cant find the 7 bladed flexfan as no one has them and the part number brings up no results but I found out flex-a-lite sells a 7 bladed flex fan patterned like the OE with the blades offset for quiet operation but its the same diameter as the 5 bladed flex fan. I cant wait to see how this one works compared to the OE 5 blade I had.

Its a chore trying to protect your truck from damage because other people are ignorant.

My truck is parked behind my 78 Mercury and my 56 Ford length wise along one side of the driveway at the street to deter attempted thefts. Truck is fully parked on the driveway along the curb but not in the street.

For the past 6 months ive been fighting with the builders nextdoor that is parking in the gutter against the curb next to my truck blocking my driveway partially. I told them I dont mind time to time if there is no room if they have to but stressed I dont want it to be a every day thing as it puts my truck at risk of damage as well as being illegal to block my driveway. Well the builders left and now its the interior guys and they were given the same speech and yet every day they park next to my truck blocking the driveway. I am at the point of calling the cops on them over this to tell them to stop cause they obviously are not listening to me.

Next step if they dont heed the cop telling them to stop would be to call up some of my wrecker buddies from work and have them tow it off and impound it. Which I prefer not to do but they are starting to leave me no choice and I am afraid they are going to open their back door into the side of my truck. They already chipped my headlight edging the grass throwing rocks/nails and such at my truck so that already has me upset at the total lack of care of my property while doing their "job"

Its a chore trying to protect your truck from damage because other people are ignorant.My truck is parked behind my 78 Mercury and my 56 Ford length wise along one side of the driveway at the street to deter attempted thefts. Truck is fully parked on the driveway along the curb but not in the street.For the past 6 months ive been fighting with the builders nextdoor that is parking in the gutter against the curb next to my truck blocking my driveway partially. I told them I dont mind time to time if there is no room if they have to but stressed I dont want it to be a every day thing as it puts my truck at risk of damage as well as being illegal to block my driveway. Well the builders left and now its the interior guys and they were given the same speech and yet every day they park next to my truck blocking the driveway. I am at the point of calling the cops on them over this to tell them to stop cause they obviously are not listening to me.Next step if they dont heed the cop telling them to stop would be to call up some of my wrecker buddies from work and have them tow it off and impound it. Which I prefer not to do but they are starting to leave me no choice and I am afraid they are going to open their back door into the side of my truck. They already chipped my headlight edging the grass throwing rocks/nails and such at my truck so that already has me upset at the total lack of care of my property while doing their "job"
Final step in restoring the rear wheel arches, the paint job was done last week and I drove her back home today. Quite satisfied with the result. Next step is putting on new, wider fenders. Will post the pics once done over the coming weeks. Greeting from Germany. image0.jpeg.02bd09e5201756fd0940e7cc801ccc1a.jpegimage1.jpeg.94e2560685f53f4f531579ae94c5b54a.jpeg

Viele GrüßeJochen

Its a chore trying to protect your truck from damage because other people are ignorant.

My truck is parked behind my 78 Mercury and my 56 Ford length wise along one side of the driveway at the street to deter attempted thefts. Truck is fully parked on the driveway along the curb but not in the street.

For the past 6 months ive been fighting with the builders nextdoor that is parking in the gutter against the curb next to my truck blocking my driveway partially. I told them I dont mind time to time if there is no room if they have to but stressed I dont want it to be a every day thing as it puts my truck at risk of damage as well as being illegal to block my driveway. Well the builders left and now its the interior guys and they were given the same speech and yet every day they park next to my truck blocking the driveway. I am at the point of calling the cops on them over this to tell them to stop cause they obviously are not listening to me.

Next step if they dont heed the cop telling them to stop would be to call up some of my wrecker buddies from work and have them tow it off and impound it. Which I prefer not to do but they are starting to leave me no choice and I am afraid they are going to open their back door into the side of my truck. They already chipped my headlight edging the grass throwing rocks/nails and such at my truck so that already has me upset at the total lack of care of my property while doing their "job"

Is the work being done thru a general contractor? I work as a PM for a GC and if I get a call that my crew is doing something like this, I'm on the phone with my guys immediately. Sometimes my guys are right, sometimes the caller is right, but I have to try to smooth it out.