Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16-18V would concern me John. :nabble_smiley_what:

I am not sure which regulator you have, but either it is malfunctioning or it is not getting a good connection to the output stud of the alternator.

Don't warp the plates or boil your battery.

That kind of voltage is no good for it.

16-18V would concern me John. :nabble_smiley_what:

I am not sure which regulator you have, but either it is malfunctioning or it is not getting a good connection to the output stud of the alternator.

Don't warp the plates or boil your battery.

That kind of voltage is no good for it.

Yeah, I think it may be the gauge but I'll be putting a voltmeter on it this week to confirm. I did go with a different regulator, one with a delayed start, not that that matters. Thanks!

Yipes! I hope you aren't at 16+ volts! You should even be to 15, as the regulator should stop it in the high 14's and then settle back to ~14.4 when the battery is fully charged.

As for the Classic Console, I'm thinking about one of those again. The lack of drink holders is a pain, and the glove box is ... almost worthless. So I think I'm going to talk to Janey about it tomorrow on our trip 'cause someone is getting a year older soon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looking really good John!

Very clean install of the vapor barrier. I am a fan of the rope caulk for reusability but there's also the argument of how often one will need to do door surgery.

The lack of drink holders is a pain, and the glove box is ... almost worthless.

You are too kind towards that little raised ring Gary! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Sounds like a great gift seed to plant :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking really good John!

Very clean install of the vapor barrier. I am a fan of the rope caulk for reusability but there's also the argument of how often one will need to do door surgery.

The lack of drink holders is a pain, and the glove box is ... almost worthless.

You are too kind towards that little raised ring Gary! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Sounds like a great gift seed to plant :nabble_smiley_good:

Sitting in a parking lot catching up on here while Janey shops. Just had lunch at Granny’s Kitchen in Stillwater and took our tea. The cups JUST fit in this thing. Seed is planted. :nabble_smiley_wink:

E2FB566C-0700-42FE-976D-C4F38FA75A26.thumb.jpeg.61ddea893732471d16be34367713b908.jpeg

Sitting in a parking lot catching up on here while Janey shops. Just had lunch at Granny’s Kitchen in Stillwater and took our tea. The cups JUST fit in this thing. Seed is planted. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Took Blue on a road trip, ey? What are you doing in Stillwater? Good strategy on the console! Sounds like the kid in the Christmas movie who wanted a Red Ryder BB Gun with the compass in the stock for Christmas.....LOL!

On the other forum in the older truck area cup holders came up.

One that was pretty cool in a 4x4, it had 2 cup holders on 1 end and a catch all area at the other end.

He cut the bottom out of 1 of the cup holders and slipped this over the 4x4 lever on the floor and had what looked like a small towle to kind of finish it off like a shifter boot.

Because it was over the lever it would not move and fit between the manual stick and seat.

Dave ----

Took Blue on a road trip, ey? What are you doing in Stillwater? Good strategy on the console! Sounds like the kid in the Christmas movie who wanted a Red Ryder BB Gun with the compass in the stock for Christmas.....LOL!

Dave - I'm having a hard time picturing that. Do you have a link?

John - Janey was needing several fabrics for a quilt she's making, and Stillwater has both a good quilt shop and a JoAnn's. Plus, at Granny's Kitchen you can get one of the best chicken-fried steaks we've had. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Just cleaned the surface real good, then scuffed it with a maroon pad, then sprayed with DupliColor Plastic and Vinyl dye

The SEM instructions for prep are much more involved than that. It'll be interesting to see how it works for you.

Dave - I'm having a hard time picturing that. Do you have a link?

John - Janey was needing several fabrics for a quilt she's making, and Stillwater has both a good quilt shop and a JoAnn's. Plus, at Granny's Kitchen you can get one of the best chicken-fried steaks we've had. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Gary, Have you taken Janey to Hamilton Missouri yet? Missouri Star Quilt Company, the whole town is devoted to quilting. My wife loved it when she went with her quilt buddies. They even have a big Man Cave for the husbands to stay in while the women folk shop.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/