Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

"He" is dead....

The company lives on, and still uses reclaimed Ford tooling for many of their products.

The Company pays a fee to have the Ford logo embossed or embellishing many of their products.

Ford is quite on top of defending their IP. (in fact, the tailgate letters I bought a couple of weeks ago are delisted. I can't even leave positive feedback)

I was thinking of upgrading to retroreflective like Dave.

If these vinyl cutters would just them as DORF there's no problem....

Yep he is but the company still has a lot of original tooling. The door panels they have are made on the original tooling and they are exact as the old ones from my truck even down to the original part number cast on the back side of the panels.

Its why I rather pay a few dollars more for parts from there than buying them else where.

On the decals its the same boat I am in with the pinstriping for my truck. I am leaning towards painting it on as I dont believe one could get it done cheaper in vinyl especially considering my truck is a mix of two different pin stripe patterns. But it wouldnt be hard to paint just mask off spray center color mask down the middle then spray the outter color and done.

What fun it is figuring up exactly what you need fitting wise for a fuel system.

I already got most of what I need but I changed my mind from just running all Earls Vapor Guard fuel hose from tank forward to actually bending custom hardlines with AN fittings. Found out there isnt a huge selection of hose ends for -6 hose with male AN threads. Might have to run an adapter which I really dont want to do.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What fun it is figuring up exactly what you need fitting wise for a fuel system.

I already got most of what I need but I changed my mind from just running all Earls Vapor Guard fuel hose from tank forward to actually bending custom hardlines with AN fittings. Found out there isnt a huge selection of hose ends for -6 hose with male AN threads. Might have to run an adapter which I really dont want to do.

After my weekly trash run with the "garbage truck" I washed it, had not been done in months and I have had it out in the rain.

I also used my compressor to blow out any dirt on the carpet and dash, cleaned the glass & wiped down the dash of dirt the air did not remove.

This was in prep for a cruise I and some of the FTE NC chapter members went to now that almost 50% of the people in the state has had 1 shot and some have had 2 like the wife & I.

The leader got the times off a little like 3 hours early (start at 3pm till 8pm) so we had lunch and when done cars just started to show up. A lot of cool stuff that you dont normally see was there.

There were 2 late 60's bumps (style sides), a early 60's with a 90's flare bed, my 81 flare side and a nicely restored 65 Chevy C10 step side I have seen before as he is part of the leaders car club group.

There was a mid 60's Ford van done up like the 70's shag wagon, something you dont see much!

What was cool was someone looked like he was asking others who owned my truck as I was walking up to it. He started to walk away when I called out and he came back to talk.

We went over a few things and he asked me to show up to and all Ford show on the 15th a few towns over. Its $20 to enter and it goes to help vets so I plan on going should be cool.

Dave ----

Have you looked at other brands of hose ends?

Now that Russell and Earl's are essentially under the same roof there are still choices like Goodridge.

"He" is dead....

The company lives on, and still uses reclaimed Ford tooling for many of their products.

The Company pays a fee to have the Ford logo embossed or embellishing many of their products.

Ford is quite on top of defending their IP. (in fact, the tailgate letters I bought a couple of weeks ago are delisted. I can't even leave positive feedback)

I was thinking of upgrading to retroreflective like Dave.

If these vinyl cutters would just them as DORF there's no problem....

Yep he is but the company still has a lot of original tooling. The door panels they have are made on the original tooling and they are exact as the old ones from my truck even down to the original part number cast on the back side of the panels.

Its why I rather pay a few dollars more for parts from there than buying them else where.

On the decals its the same boat I am in with the pinstriping for my truck. I am leaning towards painting it on as I dont believe one could get it done cheaper in vinyl especially considering my truck is a mix of two different pin stripe patterns. But it wouldnt be hard to paint just mask off spray center color mask down the middle then spray the outter color and done.

When trying to pull off stripes like that I find that spraying the base color (or clear) over the tape eliminates seeing creep and crawl.

Of course the tapes are a lot better than the basic brown kraft paper tape we used to have back then too!

After my weekly trash run with the "garbage truck" I washed it, had not been done in months and I have had it out in the rain.

I also used my compressor to blow out any dirt on the carpet and dash, cleaned the glass & wiped down the dash of dirt the air did not remove.

This was in prep for a cruise I and some of the FTE NC chapter members went to now that almost 50% of the people in the state has had 1 shot and some have had 2 like the wife & I.

The leader got the times off a little like 3 hours early (start at 3pm till 8pm) so we had lunch and when done cars just started to show up. A lot of cool stuff that you dont normally see was there.

There were 2 late 60's bumps (style sides), a early 60's with a 90's flare bed, my 81 flare side and a nicely restored 65 Chevy C10 step side I have seen before as he is part of the leaders car club group.

There was a mid 60's Ford van done up like the 70's shag wagon, something you dont see much!

What was cool was someone looked like he was asking others who owned my truck as I was walking up to it. He started to walk away when I called out and he came back to talk.

We went over a few things and he asked me to show up to and all Ford show on the 15th a few towns over. Its $20 to enter and it goes to help vets so I plan on going should be cool.

Dave ----

That sounds like fun, Dave! I'm glad things are starting to open up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave ----

Where was this? I might need to catch up with others. Would like to.

Now that Russell and Earl's are essentially under the same roof there are still choices like Goodridge.

I didnt even get to to the brands, everything they had listed on Summit just wasnt what I need.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/fittings-hoses/section/fittings-plugs/part-type/hose-ends/hose-end-size/minus-6-an/adapter-size/minus-6-an/adapter-attachment/male-threads?N=hose-end-size%3aminus-6-an%2badapter-size%3aminus-6-an%2badapter-attachment%3amale-threads

I was looking for something like this, the reuseable hose ends

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-24006

But I dont think one can use a hose end such as the Earls Vapor Guard hose with those. I think they only work with the braided hose and I think the braided hose would be too stiff for a flex joint on a short run from the frame rail to the hardline on the engine.

Earls has a Vapor Guard hose end barb with the Male -6 but it requires the use of a clamp which I think might look funky unless I get a crimp fitting and crimp it instead.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-740166erl

I didnt even get to to the brands, everything they had listed on Summit just wasnt what I need.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/fittings-hoses/section/fittings-plugs/part-type/hose-ends/hose-end-size/minus-6-an/adapter-size/minus-6-an/adapter-attachment/male-threads?N=hose-end-size%3aminus-6-an%2badapter-size%3aminus-6-an%2badapter-attachment%3amale-threads

I was looking for something like this, the reuseable hose ends

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-24006

But I dont think one can use a hose end such as the Earls Vapor Guard hose with those. I think they only work with the braided hose and I think the braided hose would be too stiff for a flex joint on a short run from the frame rail to the hardline on the engine.

Earls has a Vapor Guard hose end barb with the Male -6 but it requires the use of a clamp which I think might look funky unless I get a crimp fitting and crimp it instead.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-740166erl

Pretty pleased in what I was able to get done Friday night and Saturday. Friday night I cleaned up and painted the vent window assembly with with SEM Trim Black. Love this SEM paint. While the door was all apart, I painted the inside of it with POR15....two coats. First time working with POR15.....Don't get that stuff on your hands! I actually wore gloves and got it on my arms. Long sleeve shirt today at Church and possibly the rest of the week at work.

Vent_Window_Assembly.thumb.jpg.1e229da35c38b4267a8ef2394ef3e36c.jpg

Vent_Window.thumb.jpg.fb89baa355d4e17c3af2fcda30618b51.jpg

Vent_Window_Seal.thumb.jpg.f15e2398954ee757609537446df4cbf8.jpg

Glass_Run_Channel.thumb.jpg.62f134e7f2706fa16e464912860e1f3e.jpg

Visor_Decals.thumb.jpg.277be410afb0b48b1dab613da13ac498.jpg

Visor_Decal_Installed.thumb.jpg.9a4d36411177e9c994c029e6722f3a0b.jpg

Pretty pleased in what I was able to get done Friday night and Saturday. Friday night I cleaned up and painted the vent window assembly with with SEM Trim Black. Love this SEM paint. While the door was all apart, I painted the inside of it with POR15....two coats. First time working with POR15.....Don't get that stuff on your hands! I actually wore gloves and got it on my arms. Long sleeve shirt today at Church and possibly the rest of the week at work.

Saturday, I installed the vent window seals, glass run channels, and new window glass. This went much smoother than I had anticipated. The seals I used were from NPD, Fairchild brand. Very high quality reproductions.

Lastly, with time to spare, I installed the visor decals that I made.

John - Well done, all the way around - save for the POR-15 on your arms. Been there, done that, and had the black spots to prove it for at least a week. I can't seem to use that stuff w/o getting it on me, but I sure like the way it adheres to metal.

And you made those decals? That is cool! You need to offer them for sale. I'll buy two.

John - Well done, all the way around - save for the POR-15 on your arms. Been there, done that, and had the black spots to prove it for at least a week. I can't seem to use that stuff w/o getting it on me, but I sure like the way it adheres to metal.

And you made those decals? That is cool! You need to offer them for sale. I'll buy two.

Definitely need more detail on the decals - those look great (as does it all) and interested as well.