Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What have I done today? Not much to the truck. In fact, nothing specifically to either of them. But, I did put a reed valve kit in a compressor that was given to me 'cause it didn't compress, and it'll be for my son. Plus, as I was looking around for air compressor things to go with it I found a portable air tank that should work nicely on Big Blue as the tank for on-board air.

Then I played with gasoline and electricity to see how the pumps work, and am pleased to say that I didn't start a fire. In fact, I was able to determine which pumps I want to use.

Last, I started playing with TurboCAD to draw up the fog lamp bezel. I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten all I thought I knew about 3D drawing. This is going to be a challenge. So, guys, don't hold your breath. We will get there in the end, but "the end" ain't soon. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Bill - Your write up on Darth is looking good! Lots of good info in there.

I had done another lengthy post, hit submit and got the weird little face Google gives you and "poof" the whole thing just vanished???

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had done another lengthy post, hit submit and got the weird little face Google gives you and "poof" the whole thing just vanished???

I'm sorry. But, what little face? And did you change computers? Do anything different? I'm just trying to figure out what the issue is.

By the way, have you tried to submit via email? It will work on everything but the thread you have locked, and because it is you it might work there. However, you will need to subscribe to the things you want to respond to so you'll get the email notification.

I'm sorry. But, what little face? And did you change computers? Do anything different? I'm just trying to figure out what the issue is.

By the way, have you tried to submit via email? It will work on everything but the thread you have locked, and because it is you it might work there. However, you will need to subscribe to the things you want to respond to so you'll get the email notification.

Turns out it was Chrome, decided there was "unusual code that might be exposing personal data". I copied it this time and when it screwed things up again I just switched to edge and pasted it in.

Turns out it was Chrome, decided there was "unusual code that might be exposing personal data". I copied it this time and when it screwed things up again I just switched to edge and pasted it in.

First I must thank member Ford F834 for making time to go to a junk yard for parts I needed for my project.

I did not get as much done today as I wanted. Cold, rain/snow, made an old racing injury (shoulder) hurt so bad it was hard to work with 1 arm. Not to say it was 40*f in the garage.

It was time to work on the gauge cluster.

Of the 2 I had one was not worth the time to fix. It was pulled apart and painted by a PO and not vary good I may say. Paint was all over the clear lens & the light panels above besides me breaking the AMP gauge & film.

20171209_103845.jpg.956f328456134474815ae543fedd5bff.jpg

20171209_104024.jpg.2796f23905ba5670deab5f1660e5d889.jpg

The picture of the good cluster did not come out but was just dirty and needles needed painting. I pulled it apart for cleaning & painting. I also painted the needles of the bad cluster so I would have extra gauges ready to go if needed. I have to say I was upset with Testors paint I picked up from a local hobby store, could not find them in Walmarts. They did not have a big selection and the ones I brought home were acrylic, did not know till opened, not enamel and not even the right color orange but think they came out good.

Part of the "care package" was a tach & film to make it work. I used 1500 grit sand paper to clean all the contacts before putting it back together. Got the cluster all back together and it looks pretty good. I want to replace the bulbs before I install it. I left the colored covers in place as they were is great shape.

20171209_170839.jpg.2d5018c2fc452bf79040fce6076b1ddb.jpg

Some pictures of the bezels I have to work with. First is the painted and I don't know if I can clean it up to use if needed. The XL is wood grain but the radio area is cut up pretty good and think it had the clock? at the top as it is cut out for something.

20171209_103942.jpg.8dc6cc1d35b05cf5467c551beec02919.jpg

20171209_104208.jpg.96a4207a90c6beccfaa5e2320c71a186.jpg

Dave ----

First I must thank member Ford F834 for making time to go to a junk yard for parts I needed for my project.

I did not get as much done today as I wanted. Cold, rain/snow, made an old racing injury (shoulder) hurt so bad it was hard to work with 1 arm. Not to say it was 40*f in the garage.

It was time to work on the gauge cluster.

Of the 2 I had one was not worth the time to fix. It was pulled apart and painted by a PO and not vary good I may say. Paint was all over the clear lens & the light panels above besides me breaking the AMP gauge & film.

The picture of the good cluster did not come out but was just dirty and needles needed painting. I pulled it apart for cleaning & painting. I also painted the needles of the bad cluster so I would have extra gauges ready to go if needed. I have to say I was upset with Testors paint I picked up from a local hobby store, could not find them in Walmarts. They did not have a big selection and the ones I brought home were acrylic, did not know till opened, not enamel and not even the right color orange but think they came out good.

Part of the "care package" was a tach & film to make it work. I used 1500 grit sand paper to clean all the contacts before putting it back together. Got the cluster all back together and it looks pretty good. I want to replace the bulbs before I install it. I left the colored covers in place as they were is great shape.

Some pictures of the bezels I have to work with. First is the painted and I don't know if I can clean it up to use if needed. The XL is wood grain but the radio area is cut up pretty good and think it had the clock? at the top as it is cut out for something.

Dave ----

You are correct, the three holes are for the clock option, date/time/elapsed time if I remember on left, clock in center and H M set buttons on right (I had to go back and look at pictures to be sure).

You are correct, the three holes are for the clock option, date/time/elapsed time if I remember on left, clock in center and H M set buttons on right (I had to go back and look at pictures to be sure).

Dave - Jonathan is a real stand-up guy. He's crashing to get ready for his own vacation and yet spent the time to get your stuff and ship it to you. He's a real brother.

Your gauges came out good. However, depending on what color bulbs you put in I'm not sure I'd leave the filters in. What are your plans?

Dave - Jonathan is a real stand-up guy. He's crashing to get ready for his own vacation and yet spent the time to get your stuff and ship it to you. He's a real brother.

Your gauges came out good. However, depending on what color bulbs you put in I'm not sure I'd leave the filters in. What are your plans?

Bill - I can't comment on your writeup on Darth, but it and the picture gallery are really taking shape. You are going to have one of the best-documented trucks around. Good job! :nabble_smiley_good:

Bill - I can't comment on your writeup on Darth, but it and the picture gallery are really taking shape. You are going to have one of the best-documented trucks around. Good job! :nabble_smiley_good:

Between yesterday and today, I installed a center console from a 1987-1991, I believe. Got it off ebay, said it would fit. Did some research and I agreed.

Front two holes lined up nice, rear, no dice. It is mounted in there with the front two and it's good. Only thing that bothers me is I have a Cobra 148GTL mounted on the front, which means I will put at least one in the back.

The mounting hardware is different, on my 86 they are machine screws, on the 87 they are sheet metal screws. It looks nice, didn't realize how bad mine was until I put it on the table in the garage. Also the cup holders are one inch deeper which does make a difference. Maybe that's what you were referring to Gary for overlanding Big Blue.

Whilst the center console was out I put on new seat belt sleeves from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Tried sometime back and could not get the belt through. Talked to a mechanic and he said I don't know boiling water! So I tried my heat gun and that worked.

Today I put in a Dash Mat, mainly to cover the crumbling speaker hole. I don't usually use those unless the dash is bad. I cut the forward part around the defroster holes so they would not interfere. Always disliked that. The "carpet" laid down pretty nicely, with a bunch of velcro strips.

I'm like Fuzz Face, I was hurting after climbing in and out and getting in the back yesterday, and it's been cold, so today was a little easier.

Between yesterday and today, I installed a center console from a 1987-1991, I believe. Got it off ebay, said it would fit. Did some research and I agreed.

Front two holes lined up nice, rear, no dice. It is mounted in there with the front two and it's good. Only thing that bothers me is I have a Cobra 148GTL mounted on the front, which means I will put at least one in the back.

The mounting hardware is different, on my 86 they are machine screws, on the 87 they are sheet metal screws. It looks nice, didn't realize how bad mine was until I put it on the table in the garage. Also the cup holders are one inch deeper which does make a difference. Maybe that's what you were referring to Gary for overlanding Big Blue.

Whilst the center console was out I put on new seat belt sleeves from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Tried sometime back and could not get the belt through. Talked to a mechanic and he said I don't know boiling water! So I tried my heat gun and that worked.

Today I put in a Dash Mat, mainly to cover the crumbling speaker hole. I don't usually use those unless the dash is bad. I cut the forward part around the defroster holes so they would not interfere. Always disliked that. The "carpet" laid down pretty nicely, with a bunch of velcro strips.

I'm like Fuzz Face, I was hurting after climbing in and out and getting in the back yesterday, and it's been cold, so today was a little easier.

Yep, the extra depth of the cup holders is what I was talking about. And, you can remove them to drop bigger things in - assuming they'll catch before going all the way through.

On the dash, you might consider trying the dash patch that Reamer has. We designed it together and he has them 3D printed. But, I've been planning to redraw that so it would be a catchall, somewhere you can put things if you don't have a console.

But, a console would be wonderful!

Yep, the extra depth of the cup holders is what I was talking about. And, you can remove them to drop bigger things in - assuming they'll catch before going all the way through.

On the dash, you might consider trying the dash patch that Reamer has. We designed it together and he has them 3D printed. But, I've been planning to redraw that so it would be a catchall, somewhere you can put things if you don't have a console.

But, a console would be wonderful!

That Dash Patch sounds interesting.