Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Do you want the three, or six-port valve?

(Do check that your current valve is getting power and ground before I skip over to eBay)

Let me first say my 81 F100 truck uses a 3 port valve.

When you look it up at the 3 different auto parts stores they only listed the 6 port and I did not want to go that route unless I had to.

:nabble_smiley_blush:Now I just went out to check and had no clicking of the valve so pulled out the test light and no power on the wire?

So pulled the fuse cover and started checking and yep found the AXU fuel fuse blown.

Now I do have to say I caused this when I did the wire pull but it was really before that.

I spliced on the plug that came with the valve and I used liquid tape to cover the splice.

Well it was too thin and I tucked the wire under the valve when pulling wires and it shorted out on the frame.

I added a lot more liquid tape and it will never short out there again.

I could hear the valve switch so the new valve coming will go into stock :nabble_smiley_good:

I should have check it out first before jumping, I blame it on my work hours.

up at 2am, 12am, 2am, 12am with 5 hours sleep before getting up and no dinner before bed, but we are good now and have a new part for stock.

Dave ----

Do you want the three, or six-port valve?

(Do check that your current valve is getting power and ground before I skip over to eBay)

Let me first say my 81 F100 truck uses a 3 port valve.

When you look it up at the 3 different auto parts stores they only listed the 6 port and I did not want to go that route unless I had to.

:nabble_smiley_blush:Now I just went out to check and had no clicking of the valve so pulled out the test light and no power on the wire?

So pulled the fuse cover and started checking and yep found the AXU fuel fuse blown.

Now I do have to say I caused this when I did the wire pull but it was really before that.

I spliced on the plug that came with the valve and I used liquid tape to cover the splice.

Well it was too thin and I tucked the wire under the valve when pulling wires and it shorted out on the frame.

I added a lot more liquid tape and it will never short out there again.

I could hear the valve switch so the new valve coming will go into stock :nabble_smiley_good:

I should have check it out first before jumping, I blame it on my work hours.

up at 2am, 12am, 2am, 12am with 5 hours sleep before getting up and no dinner before bed, but we are good now and have a new part for stock.

Dave ----

Dave I'm really glad you got it sussed.

And all for the low, low price of a fuse and a bit of insulation.

Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave I'm really glad you got it sussed.

I've not seen or heard that term since I left the UK. Maybe on a Brit movie or series, but I don't think so.

Where'd you pic that up, Jim? I understand it!

I've used it twice today!

I also spell grey and colour, among others.

But I try to remain conscious of my audience, and use Americanisims most of the time.

Maybe it's from the reading I did as a young child?

Maybe it's just another affectation of my autisim, IDK.

But I try to remain conscious of my audience, and use Americanisims most of the time.

Just as long as you leave the prince of darkness out of it, you can also check your tyres while you're at it.

I saw "colour" but missed grey. However, I used "grey" today as well.

My lexicon comes from both the time we lived in the UK, but also all of the Britcoms and movies we've watched. And I've learned that once you know a word that is perfect for a given use, you don't forget it. So I say I'm "au fait" with something instead of "I have a good understanding of it". If there's a slow down in traffic but it doesn't come to a standstill that's a "tailback". (Not an American football player.) And on and on.

Just as long as you leave the prince of darkness out of it, you can also check your tyres while you're at it.

I've already said I had the huge jar of smoke. (That actually worked if you uncapped it)

This was passed on to another afflicted individual (Nortony) when I divested of my last Brit bike, and sold him a blue '77 RD400 as well.

I hope he has only had to use it sparingly.

Yes, you know all us bykers have to change from summer to winter tyre air seasonally. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I saw "colour" but missed grey. However, I used "grey" today as well.

My lexicon comes from both the time we lived in the UK, but also all of the Britcoms and movies we've watched. And I've learned that once you know a word that is perfect for a given use, you don't forget it. So I say I'm "au fait" with something instead of "I have a good understanding of it". If there's a slow down in traffic but it doesn't come to a standstill that's a "tailback". (Not an American football player.) And on and on.

You could search 'sussed' and find the other instance.

I'm a fan of Monty Python, Fawlty Towers , Benny Hill and Ab Fab.

Maybe I'm just too old?

You could search 'sussed' and find the other instance.

I'm a fan of Monty Python, Fawlty Towers , Benny Hill and Ab Fab.

Maybe I'm just too old?

Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it.

Your parrot's dead.

What about The Vicar? Black Adder? Doc Martin? (I could go on and on and on.)

Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it.

Your parrot's dead.

What about The Vicar? Black Adder? Doc Martin? (I could go on and on and on.)

You could, and should!

But Im afraid much of this convo would be lost on many of the forum's members.

True story... I had a girl friend who was really into RenFes and I and some of my 'friends' showed up as MP knights to get a rise out of the audience.

We made a mockery of the proceedings and destroyed the mead tent.

OMG! I really can't imagine that we pulled that off, in retrospect.

But the world was a different place back then.