Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I was considering getting a Go Pro so it could do something more than sit on my dash.

Back when I was flying rockets I made the move from film to video and then to phones (because you could get them to broadcast GPS coordinates.

We didnt have all the cool compact cameras with decent resolution then.

I'm thinking I want a big micro SD for storage.

Memory at under $.50 a Gig is mind blowing to someone old enough to remember HDD that had gone from kilobytes to megabytes.

I remember in about 2002,or thereabout We were doing articles for Mustang Monthly..purchased a 128mb camera chip $125, that was big stuff then, don't think you can even get one that small now. Just purchased a new Moto Tracfone for less than $100, takes better pictures,and has more storage than the dig camera that was available then.

Memory at under $.50 a Gig is mind blowing to someone old enough to remember HDD that had gone from kilobytes to megabytes.

I bought a new desktop PC in 1999 (I think that's when it was)....a Pentium 3 with Windows ME and a huge at the time 20GB hard drive. I remember the guy that put it together for me telling me that I would never ever fill that hard drive...ha! To his credit, that computer did last us a very long time, all things considered.

I bought a new desktop PC in 1999 (I think that's when it was)....a Pentium 3 with Windows ME and a huge at the time 20GB hard drive. I remember the guy that put it together for me telling me that I would never ever fill that hard drive...ha! To his credit, that computer did last us a very long time, all things considered.

I did the same thing to my truck that I did last Saturday ......... took the weekly trash to the dump.

What was cool when coming home I went the long was so I could use over drive.

Just as I made the turn onto my road, its a main road between towns, a guy in a mid 80's Chevy gave me a wave, guess he likes Ford's LOL I gave a wave back.

His truck looked to be in good shape, LED head lights and a set of wheels that I could see in passing.

Dave ----

I did the same thing to my truck that I did last Saturday ......... took the weekly trash to the dump.

What was cool when coming home I went the long was so I could use over drive.

Just as I made the turn onto my road, its a main road between towns, a guy in a mid 80's Chevy gave me a wave, guess he likes Ford's LOL I gave a wave back.

His truck looked to be in good shape, LED head lights and a set of wheels that I could see in passing.

Dave ----

Had to share this, My best friend,and Cousin Jeff made this for me...Today 07/05/2020 matches my truck, my truck is an 83 f100, today I am an 83 YO Ford. YEEEHOWWWW

card_2.thumb.jpg.ad363c1bf38ee294a4df0bdfe4607761.jpg

Cory - Is the frame rusted? If so, what does that portend for the rest of the truck? And is the front bumper on crooked or is that just what the pic shows?

Just thinking about the amount of work involved. But it is a Flareside and 4wd, which ticks some boxes.

IMG_1533.jpg.9c8d6fcc561d5759b258200aff914a5b.jpg

Cory - Is the frame rusted? If so, what does that portend for the rest of the truck? And is the front bumper on crooked or is that just what the pic shows?

Just thinking about the amount of work involved. But it is a Flareside and 4wd, which ticks some boxes.

So I finally got to go have a better look at this old relic today. To answer your question about the bumper...it actually IS on straight...lol. The left front rad support mount is separated (well, actually, the mounted is rusted out like they all do around here) so the cab and front clip are sitting straight, but the ground is not level so I guess the frame is flexed where it's sitting.

I'll be picking it up next weekend. I need to go over it better and see what is salvageable...but it was cheap enough I can junk it and keep the Flareside parts for another truck if need be.

So I finally got to go have a better look at this old relic today. To answer your question about the bumper...it actually IS on straight...lol. The left front rad support mount is separated (well, actually, the mounted is rusted out like they all do around here) so the cab and front clip are sitting straight, but the ground is not level so I guess the frame is flexed where it's sitting.

I'll be picking it up next weekend. I need to go over it better and see what is salvageable...but it was cheap enough I can junk it and keep the Flareside parts for another truck if need be.

Winner, winner....

Nice score Cory! 👍

Winner, winner....

Nice score Cory! 👍

Bill - That's cool! Nice card! But you are 83? Wow! I hope I'm doing that well in 10 years. Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

Cory - Can't wait to see what you have. I see either another project truck or a whole lot of parts. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bill - That's cool! Nice card! But you are 83? Wow! I hope I'm doing that well in 10 years. Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

Cory - Can't wait to see what you have. I see either another project truck or a whole lot of parts. :nabble_smiley_good:

Couldn't pass that price up since it was free shipping. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Now I can add dual tanks to the truck. :nabble_anim_jump:

Screenshot_20200706-190240_Samsung_Internet.thumb.jpg.a5378b4693c6cf59d245955f9b163019.jpg

Couldn't pass that price up since it was free shipping. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Now I can add dual tanks to the truck. :nabble_anim_jump:

Nice buy! Remind me - is it already setup for dual tanks and just missing the control or are you adding the second one new?

I'd been looking for a spare alcoa to mount in the bed and picked these up today off Craigslist. $175 for all.

They are 17's vs 16's so will have to figure out what I want to do there. May put the 17's on the truck and the 16's on the trailer. Alas I still have no spare...:nabble_smiley_beam:

IMG_20200706_161657.jpg.dbba798e709d1fa774d0ad2514f41565.jpg

Nice buy! Remind me - is it already setup for dual tanks and just missing the control or are you adding the second one new?

I'd been looking for a spare alcoa to mount in the bed and picked these up today off Craigslist. $175 for all.

They are 17's vs 16's so will have to figure out what I want to do there. May put the 17's on the truck and the 16's on the trailer. Alas I still have no spare...:nabble_smiley_beam:

Good price, Shaun. But what switching valve are you going to use?

Scott - Love the Alcoas! I'd like to have a set on BB, but I think the black wheels & hubs go well with the other black, like the step bars and maybe windshield trim.