Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I got a new windshield installed Friday.

Really nice at night with no pitting for glare.

A lot of noise above 80-85 in the upper left corner.

I'd bought new retainer clips for the moulding so I have to look into that soon.

Something's not right.

Like maybe it isn't sealed properly up there? That would be a bummer.

Or maybe the trim isn't fully down?

Not to the truck but for it.

I had a bunch of pictures (170) printed up of my build over the 4 years to put into an album so when at shows I can display it.

This way if someone asks they can see I did all the work and none was farmed out and just how I did the repair or custom part.

Walgreen's drugs had a special 75+ prints for .09 each that ended yesterday other wise would have been .23 each print.

Just need to find an album that will hold all the pictures LOL

Dave ----

I can't imagine that it isn't sealed.

It was raining the day I got it done.

Everything seemed dry.

But Saturday morning on the way to a job in Byram I could definitely hear it.

I used new clips on that piece, and have more (bought a bag of 20)

Mardi gras is either for you or its not. When I lived in New Orleans, my jobs usually shut down for a full week. I always tried to go on vacation but never got to the everglades which was the big trip I hoped for.

Its impossible to get anything done in the city the last two weeks of carnival season and the last weekend, the city shuts down for parades almost around the clock.

Its quite a spectacle but when youre sitting in traffic for an hour or two to get to oreillys or wherever you need to go, it can be a nuisance.

Mardi gras is either for you or its not. When I lived in New Orleans, my jobs usually shut down for a full week. I always tried to go on vacation but never got to the everglades which was the big trip I hoped for.

Its impossible to get anything done in the city the last two weeks of carnival season and the last weekend, the city shuts down for parades almost around the clock.

Its quite a spectacle but when youre sitting in traffic for an hour or two to get to oreillys or wherever you need to go, it can be a nuisance.

In line with this thread, Ive got the following to do either this weekend or next:

New brake master and system bleed

Buying and installing Daystar airbag cradles

Pulling off the plastic fender trim. They would be functional for me to keep the mudsling down but they arent in great shape and im tired of looking at them.

First I have to file taxes.

In line with this thread, Ive got the following to do either this weekend or next:

New brake master and system bleed

Buying and installing Daystar airbag cradles

Pulling off the plastic fender trim. They would be functional for me to keep the mudsling down but they arent in great shape and im tired of looking at them.

First I have to file taxes.

Removed the old brake booster on Dad's truck the other day. The back side was beginning to rust around the seal and causing a vacuum leak. Dad ordered a reman one from Advance Auto, installed it. Pumped the pedal once, then twice and all we heard was BANG. Something inside broke on the damn thing, it was rattling all to hell. Got it warrantied as defective and thaknfully this one works. The box the old one came in was all banged up and damaged so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Never liked doing a job twice over defective junk.

Removed the old brake booster on Dad's truck the other day. The back side was beginning to rust around the seal and causing a vacuum leak. Dad ordered a reman one from Advance Auto, installed it. Pumped the pedal once, then twice and all we heard was BANG. Something inside broke on the damn thing, it was rattling all to hell. Got it warrantied as defective and thaknfully this one works. The box the old one came in was all banged up and damaged so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

When I worked at Advance years ago, I used to pull alternators off the shelf in perfect condition boxes. But sometimes when I would pull the alternator out to make sure it matches the customers', little parts would fall out. Obviously wouldn't sell that so I'd either try another one if we had it, or call down the road to AZ and see if they had it in stock since I wanted to help the customer and knew that most weren't willing to drive to another Advance.

The way those parts get shipped in is on a pallet with a cardboard surround. Everything gets stacked on with the heavier stuff on the bottom and the lighter stuff on top. Then the whole pallet is shrink wrapped to keep it together. It's no surprise why some of the stuff ends up damaged. I bought a coil this morning from O'Reilly for another vehicle and the box looked like it had been thrown around in a game of hot potato. The coil was fine though so I took a chance. We'll see how long it lasts.

When I worked at Advance years ago, I used to pull alternators off the shelf in perfect condition boxes. But sometimes when I would pull the alternator out to make sure it matches the customers', little parts would fall out. Obviously wouldn't sell that so I'd either try another one if we had it, or call down the road to AZ and see if they had it in stock since I wanted to help the customer and knew that most weren't willing to drive to another Advance.

The way those parts get shipped in is on a pallet with a cardboard surround. Everything gets stacked on with the heavier stuff on the bottom and the lighter stuff on top. Then the whole pallet is shrink wrapped to keep it together. It's no surprise why some of the stuff ends up damaged. I bought a coil this morning from O'Reilly for another vehicle and the box looked like it had been thrown around in a game of hot potato. The coil was fine though so I took a chance. We'll see how long it lasts.

I work for them part time after my shift for the week at Ford is done. I shouldn't be surprised with the way parts get treated around the store. That company is so bass-ackwards it's rediculous.

Remember those brake pads I installed on the 26th?

Here's the box they came in from Amazon.

It looks like it got kicked around the dusty floor of an old warehouse.

IMG_20200226_134009.thumb.jpg.ab669b01c35381e3ce6c4196036d2854.jpg

IMG_20200226_134015.thumb.jpg.c9531f94804b7f5f48a93942179afb3d.jpg

I'd expect this from RA, because that's what they do.

Buy obsolete inventory by the ton for scrap price and resell it.

But this was from Amazon, by Amazon...

I'd like to think they buy new.

That company is so bass-ackwards it's rediculous.

Be glad they ditched the sales goal policy, I left there because they were terminating anybody who didn't meet sales goals four months in a row. My whole store was up for termination because our sales goals were 3x our actual sales and we were always in the yellow and red. I put my two weeks in on the last two weeks of my fourth period and left before they could terminate me. :nabble_smiley_angry: