Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's an outstanding repair! Nice work.

I spent a little time out of my day to go to the pick-a-part to get something that is becoming scarce... a 6.9 Bullnose core support. I may not use it anytime soon, but I am starting to panic that I won’t be able to find one when I need it. I got the IDI second battery tray, washer tank and overflow tank bracket, and the glow plug relay platform too.

9997A811-C8E5-4B22-ADF7-C3C240EBAC8A.jpeg.ff63dcb75cb7feef8ba36b7e63fc53cf.jpeg

One potential use would be a Bullnose conversion on one of the F450 trucks I am looking at since both have damaged front clips anyway. I messaged Shaun for more details about the interior conversion, but he hasn’t responded yet. It may be more than I want to take on. First things first, let’s see if I end up buying one of them. The seller of the running one is out of town until late next week. That’s my first choice. The non running one isn’t out of the question, but is on the back burner.

I spent a little time out of my day to go to the pick-a-part to get something that is becoming scarce... a 6.9 Bullnose core support. I may not use it anytime soon, but I am starting to panic that I won’t be able to find one when I need it. I got the IDI second battery tray, washer tank and overflow tank bracket, and the glow plug relay platform too.

One potential use would be a Bullnose conversion on one of the F450 trucks I am looking at since both have damaged front clips anyway. I messaged Shaun for more details about the interior conversion, but he hasn’t responded yet. It may be more than I want to take on. First things first, let’s see if I end up buying one of them. The seller of the running one is out of town until late next week. That’s my first choice. The non running one isn’t out of the question, but is on the back burner.

Good score, Jonathan. Those things are getting scarce. But, what about an IDI'd Bronco? Won't you need another core support for that? Wasn't that you talking about looking at a Bronco earlier today? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, half way home Janey said "I thought we were going to stop and look at a Bronco." :nabble_smiley_scared:

Sorry Jonathan, I'm slow to check emails. I replied and hope it helps you make a decision.

Sorry Jonathan, I'm slow to check emails. I replied and hope it helps you make a decision.

Thank you Shaun for the wealth of information. Your email may not have been what I wanted to hear but was the information I needed.

And yes, Gary, you are exactly right... I actually would like to have another one for an IDI Bronco. That was my reasoning behind the extra battery tray and glow plug platform as well. From what Shaun tells me, this core support will probably be set aside for just that. When Shaun did his, he had the old Bullnose cab to cut chunks out of to make the dash supports at the ends. He had the Bullnose wire harness, and he did a heat only HVAC. If the Bullnose vents can’t be adapted to the bricknose HVAC box then I’m definitely in over my head. That would require a firewall graft similar to what Dave did to add AC. At some point enough is too much. I need to haul water and my faucets won’t care what grille or dash the tank truck has! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Thank you Shaun for the wealth of information. Your email may not have been what I wanted to hear but was the information I needed.

And yes, Gary, you are exactly right... I actually would like to have another one for an IDI Bronco. That was my reasoning behind the extra battery tray and glow plug platform as well. From what Shaun tells me, this core support will probably be set aside for just that. When Shaun did his, he had the old Bullnose cab to cut chunks out of to make the dash supports at the ends. He had the Bullnose wire harness, and he did a heat only HVAC. If the Bullnose vents can’t be adapted to the bricknose HVAC box then I’m definitely in over my head. That would require a firewall graft similar to what Dave did to add AC. At some point enough is too much. I need to haul water and my faucets won’t care what grille or dash the tank truck has! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Shaun - A man's got to know his limitations. :nabble_smiley_wink:

(That was originally intended in response to "At some point enough is too much." But then I realized that in the course of the conversation it applies better to myself and the Bronco. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:)

Shaun - A man's got to know his limitations. :nabble_smiley_wink:

(That was originally intended in response to "At some point enough is too much." But then I realized that in the course of the conversation it applies better to myself and the Bronco. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:)

I'm back in CT and this morning I got my tires mounted.

I bought a new pair of treadwright warden 2 in the stock 235 85 r16.

The guys said it took quite a bit of weight to balance.

I had them put in the back until I rebuild my d44hd

IMG_20200222_121301.thumb.jpg.d90b8d4de07c9cd3f01e8d5d81275ec1.jpg

I'm back in CT and this morning I got my tires mounted.

I bought a new pair of treadwright warden 2 in the stock 235 85 r16.

The guys said it took quite a bit of weight to balance.

I had them put in the back until I rebuild my d44hd

Lately when I start the truck I get a little belt chirp from the ALT and been to lazy to tighten it up well that changed today.

After tanking the trash to the dump I tighten the ALT belt and in doing so found the top bolt a little loose.

It would not tighten up, it goes in from the front because of the EFI manifolds so found a lock washer & nut to get it tight.

I also found the PS belt a little loose so tighten it up too.

In doing so I found something that will be an issue when I install the AC compressor.

1 of the small mounting plates missing. I heard something a while back hit the bottom of the truck now I know what it was. Thing is I don't remember where this happened so cant go looking for it :nabble_smiley_cry:

I adjusted the idle mix as it has been idling a little ruff. About a half turn rich and it is smooth again.

Also checked the PCV to see if it is working as I have a "milk shake" under the fill cap and in the dip stick tube. It is working as it should so need to check the Tstat to see if it is getting up to temp or not.

Dave ----

If the Bullnose vents can’t be adapted to the bricknose HVAC box then I’m definitely in over my head. At some point enough is too much. I need to haul water and my faucets won’t care what grille or dash the tank truck has! :nabble_anim_crazy:

You have to be pretty determined to do what I did, and to do it right. There were still things I have to live with, like the shoulder belts being different. That's where I draw the line, because they work fine and I'm not gonna modify them just for the aesthetic. Most people won't even notice.