Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, and I have a D60 in the back of Blue. 🤪

FINALLY.

It better have the right parts in it or I'm calling TAW myself.

Shaun - I think it was done correctly, this time. And it is now in the shop as my neighbor and I moved it in after I brought it home. Hopefully I can get it installed soon, and tick a bunch more boxes. :nabble_smiley_wink:

TheScatch - Those clocks are cool. I've had one in both Big Blue and Dad's truck. But Big Blue is giving his up for switches on the radio bezel as well as a computer readout above. And Dad's truck will probably have a radio with a clock in it. So I guess I won't be seeing them on there any more. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Frank - Glad you got that bushing replaced before damage happened. And hope you get the rest of the linkage sorted out.

Shaun - I think it was done correctly, this time. And it is now in the shop as my neighbor and I moved it in after I brought it home. Hopefully I can get it installed soon, and tick a bunch more boxes. :nabble_smiley_wink:

TheScatch - Those clocks are cool. I've had one in both Big Blue and Dad's truck. But Big Blue is giving his up for switches on the radio bezel as well as a computer readout above. And Dad's truck will probably have a radio with a clock in it. So I guess I won't be seeing them on there any more. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Frank - Glad you got that bushing replaced before damage happened. And hope you get the rest of the linkage sorted out.

Good to hear! I've got three more days before I can spend two weeks working on my F350. I plan to at least have the RSK fitted w/paint, and hopefully I can find a cheap set of SD springs so the truck becomes a roller again. That's my goal.

I put the harness for the clock in my F350, but the Ranger radio bezel I bought doesn't have the cutouts for a clock. I'm not sure I feel like cutting it up just for a clock, so I may look into mounting the car version of the clock somewhere else to where I can still utilize the plug without hacking up my radio bezel. We'll see down the road.

Good to hear! I've got three more days before I can spend two weeks working on my F350. I plan to at least have the RSK fitted w/paint, and hopefully I can find a cheap set of SD springs so the truck becomes a roller again. That's my goal.

I put the harness for the clock in my F350, but the Ranger radio bezel I bought doesn't have the cutouts for a clock. I'm not sure I feel like cutting it up just for a clock, so I may look into mounting the car version of the clock somewhere else to where I can still utilize the plug without hacking up my radio bezel. We'll see down the road.

I haven't done a thing -to- my truck this week, except work her hard and put a lot of miles on (and a lot of gas through) her.

57 mile commute, each way.

16, 80# bags of concrete in the back this morning, on top of the 1,000# of tools and Knaack boxes usually in the back.

This weekend I need to do an oil change and pull the bumper to get the fog lights shimmed out.

I've got a set of lights for another truck coming today, so I need to get those out too.

And I need to line up some shop space to rebuild the front end before the end of the month.

And weld in a new rocker and 'A' pillar shoe.

Next week it's up to my brothers, finish the wiring and hang & tape 48 sheets for his boys basement 'game room', then trim that out.

So, week after is going to be hectic and full of truck stuff.

My little sister is having triple neck fusion the end of the month, and I'm committed to going down to DelCo for an indeterminate time for her recovery.

Folks - If you are into a long-term project and don't have a to-do list wherein you are tracking your progress then I think you are missing a very helpful step.

I say that because Big Blue's transformation is quite involved and I've been getting a feeling of late that I'll never get it finished. But last night I worked on the to-do list and was very pleasantly surprised at what I've already gotten done. Man, there's been a ton of work done, and while there's a ton more, I now feel like I can do it.

Some of you know that I document my progress in a Word document that I have embedded in the first post on the Big Blue's Transformation thread. That's obviously not required, but it gives me an easy place to go look at what I've done and to detail out what I think needs to be done. Obviously it isn't necessary to have it on line, but I think it is helpful. And in case you want to know what it looks like, here 'tis:

When building my drag I used a large white board and dry markers.I would list a bunch of things to do filling the board up and as I did one I would cross it out.I did not take it off the board as I could then see I was doing something.Once they were all done I would clean the board and start all over.Being in the garage as soon as something was done it could be crossed off and not till you gotto a computer that might be in the house.Now I had the board in the garage when working on the truck but I did not want to remove the writing on it from the drag car so in my head I broke down the work into sections,Like the panel replacement I did 1 side at a time, floor/ rocker/ cab corner/rear door post.When 1 side was done I moved to the other then to the firewall. I could then see what was done and that made me feel good that something was getting done.That brings me to something my dad always said about body work, that I hate doing. He liked body work as you could see what you had done where working on a motor or suspensions, etc. you could not see anything was done / worked on. That is true but I still hate body work LOLDave ----

Folks - If you are into a long-term project and don't have a to-do list wherein you are tracking your progress then I think you are missing a very helpful step.

I say that because Big Blue's transformation is quite involved and I've been getting a feeling of late that I'll never get it finished. But last night I worked on the to-do list and was very pleasantly surprised at what I've already gotten done. Man, there's been a ton of work done, and while there's a ton more, I now feel like I can do it.

Some of you know that I document my progress in a Word document that I have embedded in the first post on the Big Blue's Transformation thread. That's obviously not required, but it gives me an easy place to go look at what I've done and to detail out what I think needs to be done. Obviously it isn't necessary to have it on line, but I think it is helpful. And in case you want to know what it looks like, here 'tis:

When building my drag I used a large white board and dry markers.I would list a bunch of things to do filling the board up and as I did one I would cross it out.I did not take it off the board as I could then see I was doing something.Once they were all done I would clean the board and start all over.Being in the garage as soon as something was done it could be crossed off and not till you gotto a computer that might be in the house.Now I had the board in the garage when working on the truck but I did not want to remove the writing on it from the drag car so in my head I broke down the work into sections,Like the panel replacement I did 1 side at a time, floor/ rocker/ cab corner/rear door post.When 1 side was done I moved to the other then to the firewall. I could then see what was done and that made me feel good that something was getting done.That brings me to something my dad always said about body work, that I hate doing. He liked body work as you could see what you had done where working on a motor or suspensions, etc. you could not see anything was done / worked on. That is true but I still hate body work LOLDave ----
Not on the truck also but for it.I also got a clock off Ebay but not as cheap as the $45 I seen a member posted but under $60 shipped.Should be here sometime next week I hope.I also got under mine to see how the lower fender mount was done as a member asked as his was missing.It is to be warm here but raining over the weekend and being I have a non-running car in my garage I have to wait for the wife to get her car out of the house garage for the next part.I have 1 of them storage rack behind the seat and it is not fastened so it knocks when moving.I think it had Velcro in the parts truck so I bought some 3/4" to put across the top & bottom to hold it tight. That is the only non-road noise the truck makes at this time so got to fix that!It also has a lot of oil drips now that it did not have before.I hope it is from the transmission but need to check it out.Dave ----

Not on the truck also but for it.

I also got a clock off Ebay but not as cheap as the $45 I seen a member posted but under $60 shipped.

Should be here sometime next week I hope.

I also got under mine to see how the lower fender mount was done as a member asked as his was missing.

It is to be warm here but raining over the weekend and being I have a non-running car in my garage I have to wait for the wife to get her car out of the house garage for the next part.

I have 1 of them storage rack behind the seat and it is not fastened so it knocks when moving.

I think it had Velcro in the parts truck so I bought some 3/4" to put across the top & bottom to hold it tight. That is the only non-road noise the truck makes at this time so got to fix that!

It also has a lot of oil drips now that it did not have before.

I hope it is from the transmission but need to check it out.

Dave ----

Dave - However one decides to track his/her progress is up to them, and there are lots of ways to do that.

But I think that just doing it will up one's spirits.

As for your truck, hope you find the leak and that it's easy to fix. But did the Velcro fix it the rattle?

Dave - However one decides to track his/her progress is up to them, and there are lots of ways to do that.

As for your truck, hope you find the leak and that it's easy to fix. But did the Velcro fix it the rattle?

As for the oil leak I think (hope) it is from the transmission that I want to replace.

The wife just left so I can pull the unit out to put the Velcro on it.

Other wise I would need to move my DD to get the truck out for the needed room.

Dave ----

As for the oil leak I think (hope) it is from the transmission that I want to replace.

The wife just left so I can pull the unit out to put the Velcro on it.

Other wise I would need to move my DD to get the truck out for the needed room.

Dave ----

Is the garage warm enough to get the Velcro to stick?

On the tranny, what's the latest plan, Stan? I got lost.

Is the garage warm enough to get the Velcro to stick?

On the tranny, what's the latest plan, Stan? I got lost.

Yes it is warm here, hate to say because you have that nasty cold/sleet/snow it is 73* at this time. Rain to come in later tonight but just had to bring the cat in as it was sprinkling.

Going to do my weekly trash run then get on the Velcro job LOL

I am waiting for the seller to get back with measurements.

He gave me a measurement of 14" and I had 31" & 25" (face of bell to tail housing & face of trany to tail housing) need at least the trany face to tail to see if close.

Once I know that and recheck if slip yoke and what other parts he has we can talk price and then when to drive out to GA to get it.

It is a 6+ hour drive 1 way, wife wants to come and hope to meet up with family out there so we need to line up sitter for the fur kids.

My local FTE chapter found a ZF5 for $350 about 2+ hours away but looked to be 92> as I did not see a hole for the speedo and it was just the transmission with shift so would need to come up with everything else.

Dave ----