Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I took the old Bull out for a short run today and I feel like a Junkie that just got his fix!

Oh, and I had to wait for some ducks to cross the road a couple miles from the house. There were about 30 more of them sitting on the beach just out of site to the right!

Once again, beautiful pictures Cory!

The scenery in Nova Scotia is so nice.

I am planning a pilgrimage to the Markland cabins with my Sister.

I have to ask though, is your girl a butter face?

You seem to like to show off those wide hips, and her tramp stamp. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary, I wouldn't need any 'other' relay.

I have one for the fog lights, that already have a switch independent of the headlamp switch.

If I took that relay and powered it from 87A of the high beam relay they would go out automatically if I put the high beams on, but could be used by themselves, or with the low beams.

It I hooked it to 87 of the low beams I would only be able to use them with the low beams.

Running the trigger wire from the marker lamp circuit -through the fog light switch- is a third option I hadn't even considered....

I have my reverse lights in the factory backup light tap.

I have my bed/work lights run from a constant power micro toggle switch i have on the interior light.

So I can just reach up by my head and click those on at any time.

It's really useful in these short winter days when I'm loading or unloading the truck in the dark.

But they do provide 'fill' light for the reverse lamps (which intentionally) don't point up or straight back, dazzling drivers behind.

Jim - I think you have a good solution laid out using Bob's running light idea as a trigger and then through the fog light switch. And then power the relay off the 87a high beam relay.

Jim - I think you have a good solution laid out using Bob's running light idea as a trigger and then through the fog light switch. And then power the relay off the 87a high beam relay.

The thing to know about fog and lights or the color of the light is the white from head lights reflects back at you not thru the fog.

When in a good fog bank try the low beams and then the high beams and see what one works better .... low beams as the light is not as bright to reflect back.

Now with that said I don't know why my fog / driving lights I got from LMC are white?

With that said I would have them come on with the park / running lights so you have tail lights but able to turn off the head lights for less reflection.

I have mine powered thru the yellow heavy gauge wire under the brake booster in the engine bay.

This is hot when the key is on and I have a switch with light under the dash. 1 way is for fog the other for driving lights and in the center is off.

Also IIRC fog lights work best low, like 18" or something like that off the ground. Now I know on trucks it is hard to mount them low with out getting them taken out in some way be it Off Roading or snow banks.

I did not measure mine as I also wanted them in the bumper for a custom look and not under it.

Just something to keep in mind on fog lights.

Dave ----

The thing to know about fog and lights or the color of the light is the white from head lights reflects back at you not thru the fog.

When in a good fog bank try the low beams and then the high beams and see what one works better .... low beams as the light is not as bright to reflect back.

Now with that said I don't know why my fog / driving lights I got from LMC are white?

With that said I would have them come on with the park / running lights so you have tail lights but able to turn off the head lights for less reflection.

I have mine powered thru the yellow heavy gauge wire under the brake booster in the engine bay.

This is hot when the key is on and I have a switch with light under the dash. 1 way is for fog the other for driving lights and in the center is off.

Also IIRC fog lights work best low, like 18" or something like that off the ground. Now I know on trucks it is hard to mount them low with out getting them taken out in some way be it Off Roading or snow banks.

I did not measure mine as I also wanted them in the bumper for a custom look and not under it.

Just something to keep in mind on fog lights.

Dave ----

Does thinking about doing something to the truck count :nabble_anim_confused:

I was going to see about installing the head light relay wiring and aim the head & fog / driving lights but never made it out of my chair :nabble_smiley_cry:

There is always tomorrow

Dave ----

You seem to like to show off those wide hips, and her tramp stamp. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Haha...well, I don't know about butter face, but the best view of a Flareside is from the rear...lol. Otherwise, it just looks like any old 2wd from the front;). Just kiddin'...kind of.

I actually love the front of the truck too, and I'm quite fond of the Bullnose lines overall.

IMG_8812.jpg.1e723d649f66f346fad47bc59f008ce5.jpg

IMG_8786.jpg.2c3356832556ecfaf590c26a146c8298.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg.6ffe16c94e132e5628eade0e80e2320a.jpg

It's funny how so many of us have different tastes in vehicles and build them completely different from one another.

Anyway, on to WHYDTYTT, with the help of a friend I got my new to me Ford sliding rear window installed. It popped in there pretty easily, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. For 35 bucks and a little elbow grease, I'd have to say it's my best Junkyard find yet (in the bang for buck category).

IMG_9597.jpg.d9a065006b80671f9f2765221f39c271.jpg

Adding some creature comforts to this old truck is going to make it MUCH nicer to drive. Radio/stereo and speakers, delay wipers, sliding rear window, a cigarette lighter socket (for charging my iPhone, etc), etc. More things to come, but so far they are the major highlights.

As for the Nova Scotia scenery, yes we do have some of that. You kind of forget about it when it's right there at arms length all the time. We have some great motorcycle roads, and the Cabot Trail is a real treat and is as nice an area as you will find all the way up or down the east coast imho.

My plan is to start doing some trips with the old Bullnose. Having been away from motorcycling for a few years now, my wife and I have been getting the urge to do some more traveling again...even just locally, like we used to do. On a motorcycle, it's nothing to do 300-500 miles on a nice sunny Sunday just to see some scenery and have lunch somewhere different. I'll be traveling much slower in the old truck of course, but it would still be just as fun imho. I'd love to make it all the way to Oklahoma, but even if I only made it as far as New England it would still be a treat.

You seem to like to show off those wide hips, and her tramp stamp. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Haha...well, I don't know about butter face, but the best view of a Flareside is from the rear...lol. Otherwise, it just looks like any old 2wd from the front;). Just kiddin'...kind of.

I actually love the front of the truck too, and I'm quite fond of the Bullnose lines overall.

It's funny how so many of us have different tastes in vehicles and build them completely different from one another.

Anyway, on to WHYDTYTT, with the help of a friend I got my new to me Ford sliding rear window installed. It popped in there pretty easily, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. For 35 bucks and a little elbow grease, I'd have to say it's my best Junkyard find yet (in the bang for buck category).

Adding some creature comforts to this old truck is going to make it MUCH nicer to drive. Radio/stereo and speakers, delay wipers, sliding rear window, a cigarette lighter socket (for charging my iPhone, etc), etc. More things to come, but so far they are the major highlights.

As for the Nova Scotia scenery, yes we do have some of that. You kind of forget about it when it's right there at arms length all the time. We have some great motorcycle roads, and the Cabot Trail is a real treat and is as nice an area as you will find all the way up or down the east coast imho.

My plan is to start doing some trips with the old Bullnose. Having been away from motorcycling for a few years now, my wife and I have been getting the urge to do some more traveling again...even just locally, like we used to do. On a motorcycle, it's nothing to do 300-500 miles on a nice sunny Sunday just to see some scenery and have lunch somewhere different. I'll be traveling much slower in the old truck of course, but it would still be just as fun imho. I'd love to make it all the way to Oklahoma, but even if I only made it as far as New England it would still be a treat.

I used my truck for a dump run again. Just been driving it and it’s running well. Get back to working on it this spring, God willing!

And I agree Cory, I want to get back to discovering places not too far away.

I used my truck for a dump run again. Just been driving it and it’s running well. Get back to working on it this spring, God willing!

And I agree Cory, I want to get back to discovering places not too far away.

Cory - The window looks great! Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dane - I agree. I'm building up a backlog of places to take Big Blue when he's ready.

I was going to see about installing the head light relay wiring and aim the head & fog / driving lights but never made it out of my chair :nabble_smiley_cry:

There is always tomorrow

Dave ----

This is a hobby and there's always tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

There is always tomorrow

Dave ----

This is a hobby and there's always tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Soo close! Got the brakes done and bled and moved on to the motor. Everything went smoothly getting the clutch and trans mounted and after a little finagling, the motor is setting on the frame. Unfortunately, I either lost/threw away the new transmission mount or never ordered it so we had to stop there for tonight. So bummed I couldn't finish getting it bolted up, but oh well, still good progress.

IMG_20191228_161726.jpg.40a43820aa44d91fb42c3cf1449bad7a.jpg

IMG_20191228_171131.thumb.jpg.9457a542fa1c160dd6cbdf6c515f2f69.jpg

Soo close! Got the brakes done and bled and moved on to the motor. Everything went smoothly getting the clutch and trans mounted and after a little finagling, the motor is setting on the frame. Unfortunately, I either lost/threw away the new transmission mount or never ordered it so we had to stop there for tonight. So bummed I couldn't finish getting it bolted up, but oh well, still good progress.

That has to be frustrating! But you'll get there.

And, it sure looks good! :nabble_smiley_good: