Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

So, what was wrong with the headlight?

And, I fully agree that the factory wiring was just barely adequate - when new. And it isn't new, as witnessed by the convolute. So relays are a big improvement, both in lighting and in safety.

As for the starter relay, what is the current rating of your new one?

Last, it REALLY feels good to get things cleaned up with neat, orderly runs. The fuse link runs just drive me up the wall! Another reason I want to take them out and run to the PDC and fuses.

Gary,

I think I'm a little more pragmatic and frugal than you! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

But then, my life is not weeks of Saturdays, punctuated by churchday.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are you going to do with that stuff? If you aren't going to save it I would be interested in getting it from you.

Really?

The Megafuse with cable, cut off headlamp relay harness, another relay with socket, and the fender relay?

PM me your street address and PayPal me the cost of a flat rate box after you receive it.

The rain finally let up today so although it was muddy (and 20° colder!) I managed to swap in my power distribution box.

It got a bit involved as I removed the battery tray, drivers side kick panel and mat, took loose the radiator and neatened up a bunch of harness.

But it's all in (though the fog lights are going to have to wait until the ground dries out)

I did end up with some spares.

That's a good looking set up right there.

That's a good looking set up right there.

Looking good.

Being you removed the relays for head lights? did you wire in others?

I don't plan to add any more power eating devices so no PDU.

When I added the fog / driving lights I tapped into the light wire by the brake booster in the engine bay for power, the light kit has it's own fuses.

I still need to install the head light relay kit yet. That is the only other thing that needs power and I think it gets it from the battery with a fuse.

Dave ----

Looking good.

Being you removed the relays for head lights? did you wire in others?

I don't plan to add any more power eating devices so no PDU.

When I added the fog / driving lights I tapped into the light wire by the brake booster in the engine bay for power, the light kit has it's own fuses.

I still need to install the head light relay kit yet. That is the only other thing that needs power and I think it gets it from the battery with a fuse.

Dave ----

There are six relays, 5x30A & 1x40A

High, low, fog, horn are 30, and I ran the 40A to the PMGR.

Primarily because the starter documentation showed 40A to pull -and 13A to hold- the solenoid.

ETA: I think I'm going to run the last relay to the blower motor.

I had been having starter problems with failure to engage a few weeks ago, and being broke as a joke I took the old starter I keep around for core and used the nosecone and planetary gears from it. (It had a needle bearing instead of a bushing to support the outboard end)

Washed the guts out of this one with contact cleaner, lubed it all up and rattlebombed the resulting Frankenstarter.

New HMEG was screwed and glued to the side of the housing.

I like that it all fits without having to remove the stock jack or battery tray, but it is tight inside.