Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I don't know wha the FOO and TO53X are for.

Not much help since they're not readable, but they are front axle accessory reserve capacity, and total axle accessory reserve capacity.

I guess that matters if you are adding accessories to the truck, like heavier bumpers and winches, or other permanent accessories like roll-bars, and larger rear bumpers?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VIN: 1FTDF10F9CNA03089

• 1FT: Ford USA

• D: 5001-6000 # GVWR

• F10: F100 2wd

• F: 302/5.0L

• 9: Check digit

• C: 1982

• N: Norfolk assembly plant

• A03089: Numerical Sequence Of Assembly

Paint:

• 4J: Medium Dark Spruce Metallic

• 7B: Light Spruce Metallic

Type: F103 = 5050 GVWR

Body:

• DR: Spruce interior color, all vinyl

• 4: Regular cab w/Styleside box

Trans: T = AOD

Axle: 15 = 3.25 gears in an axle w/a 3.75K rating

DSO: 21 = Atlanta district sales office

You wouldn't happen to have the paint codes in one of the books for color matching would you? There is about 4 million versions of dark/lt spruce it would seem.

Not much help since they're not readable, but they are front axle accessory reserve capacity, and total axle accessory reserve capacity.

I guess that matters if you are adding accessories to the truck, like heavier bumpers and winches, or other permanent accessories like roll-bars, and larger rear bumpers?

Have to look it up but, not sure if it helps but axle code 15 and spring codes are B and H.

Have to look it up but, not sure if it helps but axle code 15 and spring codes are B and H.

No, don't think so. The 15 is the gear ratio, and the B&H are the spring codes. In order to do that calculation, you'd need to know the weight of the truck minus the un-sprung weight.

The numbers are in pounds anyway, so the total is obviously 53X lbs, and the front looks like it's only 2 digit, so less than 100 lbs...ish.:nabble_smiley_grin:

No, don't think so. The 15 is the gear ratio, and the B&H are the spring codes. In order to do that calculation, you'd need to know the weight of the truck minus the un-sprung weight.

The numbers are in pounds anyway, so the total is obviously 53X lbs, and the front looks like it's only 2 digit, so less than 100 lbs...ish.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Right on!

Getting the total "book" weight is very time consuming. There are tables for every possible option the truck could have, and they show how much weight that option adds to the front axle awa the rear axle. Would take a long time to do.

You wouldn't happen to have the paint codes in one of the books for color matching would you? There is about 4 million versions of dark/lt spruce it would seem.

Paint code 5819

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-paint-codes.html

Does that work? That 4 digit code is what I've been using for my truck (different code of course).

Yes, the reference pages I had been looking at for 81/82 had several spruces, not knowing which shade light/normal/dark it was then which version etc was kinda running me in circles. Light Spruce shows up as both M5819 and M5748.

Paint code 5819

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-paint-codes.html

Does that work? That 4 digit code is what I've been using for my truck (different code of course).

Yes, the reference pages I had been looking at for 81/82 had several spruces, not knowing which shade light/normal/dark it was then which version etc was kinda running me in circles. Light Spruce shows up as both M5819 and M5748.

After raining all day yesterday I woke to an inch of snow. (mud & slush)

I'm not getting under my truck, so I'm looking to install my underhood relay box.

I think I have a solution to fusing the truck.

The HMEG holder is *exactly* the same length (serendipity?) so instead of ordering a more compact unit I'm going to see if I can get it done.

IMG_20191211_065958.thumb.jpg.13d3af1a94cbd514e0267a015b0421c0.jpg

After raining all day yesterday I woke to an inch of snow. (mud & slush)

I'm not getting under my truck, so I'm looking to install my underhood relay box.

I think I have a solution to fusing the truck.

The HMEG holder is *exactly* the same length (serendipity?) so instead of ordering a more compact unit I'm going to see if I can get it done.

Took the truck 10 miles into town to the USPS to mail back the steering box for my core.

Did not know if I would make it back as the 16 gallon tank was reading pretty low before I hit the gas station just around the corner from the house.

It took a little over 10 gallons, I know when the needle is on "E" I have 5 gallon left so it was low.

I was also able to pump the gas in at full throttle so I guess I put the fill / vent together right on the front tank.

Hope to see what is up with the rear tanks gauge and why its not working soon.

Dave ----

Towed some over weight load, 3 50gal barrels full of sand, little hard to tow but like F100 did it okay.

IMG_20191208_131345.jpg.d46ce34662b6fe0b88f56a40bb7a5fcc.jpg

Need to start stacking some parts for the 5spd swap but that will be in the summer currently in winter mode