Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Any tips and tricks for the pilot bearing removal? I even saw one that used white bread!

I have used wheel bearing grease and an oak wood dowel trimmed down to fit tight in the bushing. Stuff it full of grease, insert dowel and hammer away, more grease and hammering till out.

BTW wear eye protection, full face is best or keep mouth closed :nabble_smiley_argh:

I believe I have identified the problem with my kick panel vents:

IMG_0162.jpg

Yes that would be a problem more so when you open them doing 60+ MPH and all that come flying out! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Dave ----

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done nothing to, or even with, the truck yet today - but I'm gonna. Some people new to our church family are moving in today, so Big Blue and I are headed over to help. Will check in later today. But, I also have to mow and trim, and I'd better clean the gutter that always seems to clog as we are to get 5-7" of rain in the next 3 days. :nabble_smiley_scared:

So, this here forum will have to wait a bit. But, I hope by the time I get back Jim and Mike have joined. :nabble_anim_jump:

Bit the bolt and got some tire shine from Canadian Tire. Man am I ever happy with the resolves. Should have listened to my Old Man Earlier.

IMG_20190611_210124.jpg.012a1d15355193b774d3386798070ef4.jpg

FYI that is not rust, paint was chipped when my brother backed in to my truck on morning.

IMG_20190611_210119.jpg.2e54c1af5b3986d727ff541a06e476a5.jpg

Not Bad stuff the pad made it easy to cover

IMG_20190611_210132.jpg.bb055f8ec8f62488201a58926890842d.jpg

IMG_20190611_210137.jpg.958a7cb5a952479f588ba2b7e5733a12.jpg

Left With Shine Right No Shine, Really cleans up for little work and cost

Bit the bolt and got some tire shine from Canadian Tire. Man am I ever happy with the resolves. Should have listened to my Old Man Earlier.

FYI that is not rust, paint was chipped when my brother backed in to my truck on morning.

Not Bad stuff the pad made it easy to cover

Left With Shine Right No Shine, Really cleans up for little work and cost

Looks good, ETM! Nice looking truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

You're registered in Connecticut Alex?

Have you figured out how the rodents got in there?

The rubber boot looks intact.

Might I suggest you remove the input shaft sleeve and clean the rust off the splines before putting it back together.

A step farther would be minimal application of an extreme pressure paste like Honda Moly 60.

This will help keep the disc from getting hung up.

I'm registered in CT Yes, and I'm pretty sure that the rodents got in through the top vents in the Bellhousing.

Do you have a needle bearing or a solid bushing?

After having broken two sets of fingers on the slide hammer puller I resorted to tapping two holes into my bushing and using bolts to push it off the crank pocket last time I did a clutch in the driveway.

It was in there!

I have a needle bearing type that I removed with a nice small internal 3-Jaw Puller, Doubly-glad that I did not resort to the white-bread approach as I'm not so sure it would have worked without a seal on the bearing, like to the one in the Youtube vid.

I have a needle bearing type that I removed with a nice small internal 3-Jaw Puller, Doubly-glad that I did not resort to the white-bread approach as I'm not so sure it would have worked without a seal on the bearing, like to the one in the Youtube vid.

Today was the undercarriage degunk... as i am some way off from dealing with all the leaks, a good clean is the least i can do... then i decided to take the roof off and give Espy a sponge bath! Needs a another go over, but looks almost ready for the summer season!6C8F4AA2-8A22-4D6A-A912-4AC23CE3BE7E.jpeg.479f8211f69ac8beb513b3c2da465ff1.jpeg

Today was the undercarriage degunk... as i am some way off from dealing with all the leaks, a good clean is the least i can do... then i decided to take the roof off and give Espy a sponge bath! Needs a another go over, but looks almost ready for the summer season!

Looking good! Summer is gonna be fun. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today was the undercarriage degunk... as i am some way off from dealing with all the leaks, a good clean is the least i can do... then i decided to take the roof off and give Espy a sponge bath! Needs a another go over, but looks almost ready for the summer season!

I really like those wheels with the 'chrome' body moldings! :nabble_smiley_good:

Oil leaks are a plus for everything on the underside except rubber.

Here in the salty northeast people spray bar and chain oil under their vehicles every October to try and keep the rust at bay. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: