Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I would imagine they are probably very similar. I like that this push bar has adjustable bars on it, they unscrew and disassemble easily.

They are different...I have yet to see the round ones again.

Those wipers are super quirky! They are double bladed and refillable... I think Autozone still sells similar ones but a little different. Actually managed to find them when we were doing some restoration work...a bit faded, but back then apparently these were cool!

Angelo - Those are quirky. Can't say I have seen them before. :nabble_smiley_what:

As for what I did today, I got ready to work on Dad's truck - by boxing things up. (Yes, my Canadian and British friends, this was Boxing Day, about 2 weeks late.)

Here's the first of several pics showing the engineering that someone put into the packaging of these parts - and it weren't me. The lower plenum is bolted down in 4 places using 1/4-20 hardware, including t-nuts on the bottom so as to not punch through the cardboard. And the thermostat housing is held with two 1/4" lag bolts. Pretty nifty. :nabble_smiley_wink:

DSCN3339.thumb.jpg.e39a45aac6b30673ce678b2f3cf6ac62.jpg

And then another layer goes on top, replete with valve covers - all held down by more 1/4-20 hardware. And, that board gets bolted to the 2x4 spacers with more lag bolts - which are hidden below the white tape. (Jim - Recognize the "hull saver tape"? It is also used under all of the washers.) That tape prevents the covers from hitting the lag bolts 'cause there's not any room there. In fact, the covers have to go on the board last or the heads of the bolts hit them. :nabble_smiley_angry:

DSCN3342.thumb.jpg.dd608a8904d64f63cf6e577848ca64a1.jpg

And, we are now all boxed up. Except, there's a lonesome upper plenum looking for a ride.

DSCN3344.thumb.jpg.b88454c541d604f0f7bd7fe59ec6c9ef.jpg

So, to shut his whining up I wrapped and boxed him. (No, there's no Sag pump in there. I had to rob boxes as we are fresh out.)

DSCN3346.jpg.c6cf32a63671e6485d4db70b9332127a.jpg

Bill - I noted the "different" address from which that box was shipped. Shoot me an email with the address to which you want it shipped back. And, don't throw any "packing" away as there's lotsa stuff hidden in it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Angelo - Those are quirky. Can't say I have seen them before. :nabble_smiley_what:

As for what I did today, I got ready to work on Dad's truck - by boxing things up. (Yes, my Canadian and British friends, this was Boxing Day, about 2 weeks late.)

Here's the first of several pics showing the engineering that someone put into the packaging of these parts - and it weren't me. The lower plenum is bolted down in 4 places using 1/4-20 hardware, including t-nuts on the bottom so as to not punch through the cardboard. And the thermostat housing is held with two 1/4" lag bolts. Pretty nifty. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And then another layer goes on top, replete with valve covers - all held down by more 1/4-20 hardware. And, that board gets bolted to the 2x4 spacers with more lag bolts - which are hidden below the white tape. (Jim - Recognize the "hull saver tape"? It is also used under all of the washers.) That tape prevents the covers from hitting the lag bolts 'cause there's not any room there. In fact, the covers have to go on the board last or the heads of the bolts hit them. :nabble_smiley_angry:

And, we are now all boxed up. Except, there's a lonesome upper plenum looking for a ride.

So, to shut his whining up I wrapped and boxed him. (No, there's no Sag pump in there. I had to rob boxes as we are fresh out.)

Bill - I noted the "different" address from which that box was shipped. Shoot me an email with the address to which you want it shipped back. And, don't throw any "packing" away as there's lotsa stuff hidden in it.

I sure do Gary. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Happy Boxing Day!

Bills parts look great!

You obviously understand the first rule of packing.

Keep everything fastened down tight so it can't begin to move, lest it batter itself or its surroundings.

Happy Boxing Day!

Bills parts look great!

Keep everything fastened down tight so it can't begin to move, lest it batter itself or its surroundings.

Jim - Bill designed/built all of that, so I'm just returning it the way I got it. But I do understand the "secure it" mantra, and heed it closely. Each of the fasteners is wrapped w/shrink wrap, and then groups of them are bundled and wrapped with bubble wrap. And most of those are stuffed in the lower plenum tightly so they can't come out nor bounce around. Ditto the konvertible top h/w that is stuffed in the lower corner of the first pic - wrapped separately, then bundled, then stuffed where it can't come out.

When I shipped Dad's engine to Tim he said I won the prize for packing. He figured it could have fallen off the truck and cart-wheeled w/o damage. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Happy Boxing Day!

Bills parts look great!

Jim, I used to preform shock tests for the Navy to Mil-S-901C later D and was one of the only three people at NNS qualified to do this. I was grandfathered when the qualification standards were changed sometime around 2000-2005. The qualification program became quite rigorous after that and when I retired it left two, one of whom died about 2 years after I retired.

As a result, I learned very well how to secure things against damage. I built the stackup, then cut up a couple of big boxes to hold it. Lots of extra bubble wrap on top.

Jim, I used to preform shock tests for the Navy to Mil-S-901C later D and was one of the only three people at NNS qualified to do this. I was grandfathered when the qualification standards were changed sometime around 2000-2005. The qualification program became quite rigorous after that and when I retired it left two, one of whom died about 2 years after I retired.

As a result, I learned very well how to secure things against damage. I built the stackup, then cut up a couple of big boxes to hold it. Lots of extra bubble wrap on top.

I don't know S-901C but you've done a great job securing those parts for shipping.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Got the new lights on. Gotta wire them up!

I've been wanting this setup for sometime now.

Snapchat-1209113118.jpg.126bc3a230ac7f7c0089c23a8368941a.jpg

Snapchat-1209113118.jpg

Looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

On the covers you are looking for can you get blank ones?

If so then check with print shops that can do silk screen printing to see if they can print what you want on the covers.

Dave ----

Snapchat-1209113118.jpg

Looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

On the covers you are looking for can you get blank ones?

If so then check with print shops that can do silk screen printing to see if they can print what you want on the covers.

Dave ----

Not a bad idea. I dont beleive you can get blank ones.