Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I did notice - it doesn't. Looks like it was cut very well exactly 24 hours ago. It had even been trimmed and all of the trimmings blown out into the yard.

Janey has a crew trimming the shrubs in front, and when came to set the job up they asked if we needed them to mow the lawn. She said "No, my husband has a brand new mower and he will do it." The hazards of having the right equipment. :nabble_anim_confused:

And right wife! :nabble_anim_claps:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And right wife! :nabble_anim_claps:

Drove Big Blue to the lake today to take the boat out with the grandkids.

Interesting day with the boat. The ignition switch broke last year at the end of the season, so I bought another one and took it out to put on. But both batteries were dead and by the time I got the charger on and the engine started the rest of the family was there. Then I started the engine and discovered a coolant leak - the plastic "distribution housing" had cracked, but not so badly that we couldn't take it out for the day. Just had to run the bilge pump periodically as there seemed to be plenty of coolant to be had. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Then when I drove home the factory temp gauge on Big Blue went to full HOT. But the aftermarket showed 190 degrees, so it is either the wiring or the ICVR. Should be an easy fix.

Drove Big Blue to the lake today to take the boat out with the grandkids.

Interesting day with the boat. The ignition switch broke last year at the end of the season, so I bought another one and took it out to put on. But both batteries were dead and by the time I got the charger on and the engine started the rest of the family was there. Then I started the engine and discovered a coolant leak - the plastic "distribution housing" had cracked, but not so badly that we couldn't take it out for the day. Just had to run the bilge pump periodically as there seemed to be plenty of coolant to be had. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Then when I drove home the factory temp gauge on Big Blue went to full HOT. But the aftermarket showed 190 degrees, so it is either the wiring or the ICVR. Should be an easy fix.

Did the readings of the fuel and oil pressure gauges read high as well?

Did the readings of the fuel and oil pressure gauges read high as well?

Good question. I'd forgotten that I don't have true readings on the coolant gauge. The "mechanic" that installed the aftermarket gauges for Vernon used the coolant opening for the mechanical gauge and didn't install the sender anywhere. So that gauge has been reading "zero".

As for the fuel gauge, it has no connectivity because the circuit for it runs through the 6-port valve and I removed it.

But, I did have a good reading on the oil pressure gauge.

So, the problem isn't the ICVR. Apparently the wire that should go to the temp sender is grounded somewhere.

Glad you asked the question.

Good question. I'd forgotten that I don't have true readings on the coolant gauge. The "mechanic" that installed the aftermarket gauges for Vernon used the coolant opening for the mechanical gauge and didn't install the sender anywhere. So that gauge has been reading "zero".

As for the fuel gauge, it has no connectivity because the circuit for it runs through the 6-port valve and I removed it.

But, I did have a good reading on the oil pressure gauge.

So, the problem isn't the ICVR. Apparently the wire that should go to the temp sender is grounded somewhere.

Glad you asked the question.

If one doesn't have the answer, the best they can do is ask the question! :nabble_anim_handshake:

If one doesn't have the answer, the best they can do is ask the question! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I should of had my truck ready for paint as I have had half days when I worked, 1 day so far, but because of the HHH weather, high 80's and raining, I just could not bring my self to work in the garage.

They say better weather is coming and I needed primer, thinner and DA disc glue so took a drive to the next town over.

Funny I had to explain to them the glue I needed as the youngins had no clue. Disc with glue that I have but the glue is not sticky from age or hook-n-loop. They are looking for the glue.

Then the primer, all I wanted was a gal. of lacquer primer & thinner, know how hard it is to come be that now days. They want to sell me expoxy 2 part stuff, I did not want that as I started with lacquer and wanted to stay with it. Thing was they only sell it in light gray so may need to re-prime the whole truck to get no color difference because of the base (primer) colors.

Any way $130 dollars latter and I have primer. Oh it was over 90* in the garage & raining when I put the supplies in it.

That's what I did for my truck today.

Dave ----

I should of had my truck ready for paint as I have had half days when I worked, 1 day so far, but because of the HHH weather, high 80's and raining, I just could not bring my self to work in the garage.

They say better weather is coming and I needed primer, thinner and DA disc glue so took a drive to the next town over.

Funny I had to explain to them the glue I needed as the youngins had no clue. Disc with glue that I have but the glue is not sticky from age or hook-n-loop. They are looking for the glue.

Then the primer, all I wanted was a gal. of lacquer primer & thinner, know how hard it is to come be that now days. They want to sell me expoxy 2 part stuff, I did not want that as I started with lacquer and wanted to stay with it. Thing was they only sell it in light gray so may need to re-prime the whole truck to get no color difference because of the base (primer) colors.

Any way $130 dollars latter and I have primer. Oh it was over 90* in the garage & raining when I put the supplies in it.

That's what I did for my truck today.

Dave ----

David - Glad you asked the question. I was off in left field. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Dave - You mean they couldn't find it in the computer? That seems to be all they know anymore. Anyway, you got mainly what you need, albeit a different color. How much will you have to repaint?

David - Glad you asked the question. I was off in left field. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Dave - You mean they couldn't find it in the computer? That seems to be all they know anymore. Anyway, you got mainly what you need, albeit a different color. How much will you have to repaint?

I posted this in my project thread but here we go again! A new shiny brake booster :) very happy with this impulse buy!7FD6E435-6F0E-4516-9A10-DBE9E1BC5695.jpeg.284e5a3e22f53b3cb26069b04d2dd342.jpeg

Did it come with the new, blue vacuum line? And, did it make a difference in the brake "feel"?

I have been slowly adding the blue lines and new clips. The brake feel is better, less "fizzy" under the foot.

I do have new pads/shoes to put in but I am thinking I should change the rear slave cylinders while I am at it...