Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't know that, Bill. Perhaps he was right!?

I hate all this walking ..... 1 step forward 3 steps back!

During the week I got the rest of the poly bushings and the grease needed for them so today it was get the suspension, brakes and back on all 4 tires.

Took a little bit to figure out how the radius bushings went but once that was done it was on to pressing the beam bushing in, that went well.

I was also able to get the beams, radius arms and springs installed and torqued down with out issues.

got the rotors cleaned up of rust from sitting, repacked the bearings, installed new seals and installed on the spindles, again with out issues.

Then the issues!

I bought new Power disc pads and when trying to install I found 1 half fit the caliper but the other half did not fit the caliper mount (spindle), too large.

Checking the old parts from both trucks I found the pads to be different. The fix buy non-power pads also and use half of the pad that would fit from it and the pads from the first set that fit to make a good set.

Well on the way home I got thinking maybe the power caliper I have on the truck will not fit the non-power spindle mount ...... yep 3 steps back.

The spindles are non-power, the calipers power and they don't bolt up!

I don't want to use the non-power calipers as they had mud dripping out of them and the outer seals had holes.

I found a set in stock for $40 and hope to get them tomorrow so it may be on all 4 wheel before the weekend is over yet.

I also learned non-power calipers for 4600-4700 lb trucks (mine) are the same as the power 5000-5150 lb trucks.

Dave ----

I hate all this walking ..... 1 step forward 3 steps back!

During the week I got the rest of the poly bushings and the grease needed for them so today it was get the suspension, brakes and back on all 4 tires.

Took a little bit to figure out how the radius bushings went but once that was done it was on to pressing the beam bushing in, that went well.

I was also able to get the beams, radius arms and springs installed and torqued down with out issues.

got the rotors cleaned up of rust from sitting, repacked the bearings, installed new seals and installed on the spindles, again with out issues.

Then the issues!

I bought new Power disc pads and when trying to install I found 1 half fit the caliper but the other half did not fit the caliper mount (spindle), too large.

Checking the old parts from both trucks I found the pads to be different. The fix buy non-power pads also and use half of the pad that would fit from it and the pads from the first set that fit to make a good set.

Well on the way home I got thinking maybe the power caliper I have on the truck will not fit the non-power spindle mount ...... yep 3 steps back.

The spindles are non-power, the calipers power and they don't bolt up!

I don't want to use the non-power calipers as they had mud dripping out of them and the outer seals had holes.

I found a set in stock for $40 and hope to get them tomorrow so it may be on all 4 wheel before the weekend is over yet.

I also learned non-power calipers for 4600-4700 lb trucks (mine) are the same as the power 5000-5150 lb trucks.

Dave ----

I would have thought that's "dancing", not "walking". But it is no fun!

Anyway, I'm confused. You said "I also learned non-power calipers for 4600-4700 lb trucks (mine) are the same as the power 5500-5600 lb trucks." But I don't see calipers for 5500-5600 lbs trucks in the catalog. What am I missing?

Anyway, I'm confused. You said "I also learned non-power calipers for 4600-4700 lb trucks (mine) are the same as the power 5500-5600 lb trucks." But I don't see calipers for 5500-5600 lbs trucks in the catalog. What am I missing?

I was testing you ..... yea that's it, my story and I am sticking to it LOL

I was wrong and I changed my post it should be 5000 - 5150.

I was able to get the right calipers in the next town over but I am foster puppy, 2 of them, sitting

and hate to crate them when I am out in the garage. The garage is not safe for them, the wife had had them out there when walking them. You watch them more than working.

Dave ----

I was testing you ..... yea that's it, my story and I am sticking to it LOL

I was wrong and I changed my post it should be 5000 - 5150.

I was able to get the right calipers in the next town over but I am foster puppy, 2 of them, sitting

and hate to crate them when I am out in the garage. The garage is not safe for them, the wife had had them out there when walking them. You watch them more than working.

Dave ----

I had a teacher like that once. Whenever we pointed out an error he said he was testing us. I usually was the one that pointed it out. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.

As for the puppies, we did that for our daughter for a couple of weeks. Loved the dog, but it sure was refreshing when it was over.

I had a teacher like that once. Whenever we pointed out an error he said he was testing us. I usually was the one that pointed it out. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.

As for the puppies, we did that for our daughter for a couple of weeks. Loved the dog, but it sure was refreshing when it was over.

The foster thing is more my wife's thing that we do for the Johnson county animal protection league.

We are also what they call foster failure as the 2 dogs we have we fostered and failed to give up.

First foster we (I) never gave up, the 2nd was returned in less than 24 hr so we kept her as she got on vary good with the first and both ran each other tired, that is good for us.

Puppies are hard as they are not house trained yet.

What is good is our 2 dogs teach them if they want to go out to sit at the door and paw on it.

They also teach them at feeding time to go in their crates and sit and wait till they are told it is ok to eat.

It is rewarding knowing you have helped the animals.

Dave ----

The foster thing is more my wife's thing that we do for the Johnson county animal protection league.

We are also what they call foster failure as the 2 dogs we have we fostered and failed to give up.

First foster we (I) never gave up, the 2nd was returned in less than 24 hr so we kept her as she got on vary good with the first and both ran each other tired, that is good for us.

Puppies are hard as they are not house trained yet.

What is good is our 2 dogs teach them if they want to go out to sit at the door and paw on it.

They also teach them at feeding time to go in their crates and sit and wait till they are told it is ok to eat.

It is rewarding knowing you have helped the animals.

Dave ----

So, I was supposed to paw at the door to teach the pup to go out? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, it is rewarding to know you helped them. In our case it was to be our daughter's dog, so we picked it up from the breeder in MO, kept it a couple of weeks, and then our SiL's parents took it to Nicaragua to our daughter. We got down there about 2 weeks later and the dog went bananas remembering us. Was a really good feeling!

So, I was supposed to paw at the door to teach the pup to go out? :nabble_smiley_evil:....

A friend of mine taught his dog to ring a bell to go outside! He put one of those bells you used to see on parts counters (to wake up the counter guy that was sleeping in back) next to their sliding glass door. Every time he took the puppy out he bent down and used the puppy's paw to ring the bell. I guess it worked!

Of course I (accidentally) taught one of my dogs to ring the doorbell to come back in. I heard the doorbell ring so I opened the door. No one was there, but the dog came running in. Apparently she had just got curious about the button and had jumped up to check it out, ringing the bell in the process. For the rest of the time we lived in that house she'd ring the bell a couple of times a week, and was always just waiting on the step to be let in when we opened the door!

So, I was supposed to paw at the door to teach the pup to go out? :nabble_smiley_evil:....

A friend of mine taught his dog to ring a bell to go outside! He put one of those bells you used to see on parts counters (to wake up the counter guy that was sleeping in back) next to their sliding glass door. Every time he took the puppy out he bent down and used the puppy's paw to ring the bell. I guess it worked!

Of course I (accidentally) taught one of my dogs to ring the doorbell to come back in. I heard the doorbell ring so I opened the door. No one was there, but the dog came running in. Apparently she had just got curious about the button and had jumped up to check it out, ringing the bell in the process. For the rest of the time we lived in that house she'd ring the bell a couple of times a week, and was always just waiting on the step to be let in when we opened the door!

Funny.

I'd taught my dog (when a puppy) to ring a bell I had put on a spring attached to the door casing.

One day in the shop I hear 'clank, clank, clank' and realize she is flipping the mail slot with her nose instead of the usual one woof when she wanted to come back in.

Pretty amazing how well they can train us!

Funny.

I'd taught my dog (when a puppy) to ring a bell I had put on a spring attached to the door casing.

One day in the shop I hear 'clank, clank, clank' and realize she is flipping the mail slot with her nose instead of the usual one woof when she wanted to come back in.

Pretty amazing how well they can train us!

You guys have smart dogs. :nabble_smiley_good: