Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Pretty pleased in what I was able to get done Friday night and Saturday. Friday night I cleaned up and painted the vent window assembly with with SEM Trim Black. Love this SEM paint. While the door was all apart, I painted the inside of it with POR15....two coats. First time working with POR15.....Don't get that stuff on your hands! I actually wore gloves and got it on my arms. Long sleeve shirt today at Church and possibly the rest of the week at work.

Saturday, I installed the vent window seals, glass run channels, and new window glass. This went much smoother than I had anticipated. The seals I used were from NPD, Fairchild brand. Very high quality reproductions.

Lastly, with time to spare, I installed the visor decals that I made.

Vent windows look great John! :nabble_smiley_cool:

What kind of silver sticker did you end up printing on?

Where was this? I might need to catch up with others. Would like to.

This was in Garner NC

The show I was invited to is on May 15 in Holly Springs NC at Ting Park, 8am to 12pm check in awards at 2pm and cruise to follow ending at 5pm

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+ford+car+show+holly+springs+nc&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS571US571&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.414208339j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;events&rciv=evn&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZ9pm8tKvwAhUaCc0KHVXECF8Q5bwDMAB6BAgFEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=L2F1dGhvcml0eS9ob3Jpem9uL2NsdXN0ZXJlZF9ldmVudC8yMDIxLTA1LTE1fDY1MjM2Nzg2MTk3NTM5Njk2OA%3D%3D&htivrt=events&mid=/g/11mc8v111y

You might try Google for local shows or cruises in your area as there has to be something a little closer to you up there.

Did you get a picture of the 60s with the 90s bed, that I would love to see.

I was thinking late last night that I did not get any pictures of anything :nabble_smiley_blush: It really did not look that bad.

At the time I did not even think of taking any and dont know why?

Maybe because it was the first time out since the "lock down" or having the truck out for its real first showing where people come to look at cars & trucks?

Or could have been I lost my driving rights the night before, son drove my truck to / from show.

DMV put my lic. "inactive" because of an issue with the medical card for my CDL (truck lic) and in NC it also kills your rights to drive a car. I hope to get this fixed in a few days but you know how local DMV can be :nabble_smiley_cry:

Sorry guys on the no pictures

Dave ----

Pretty pleased in what I was able to get done Friday night and Saturday. Friday night I cleaned up and painted the vent window assembly with with SEM Trim Black. Love this SEM paint. While the door was all apart, I painted the inside of it with POR15....two coats. First time working with POR15.....Don't get that stuff on your hands! I actually wore gloves and got it on my arms. Long sleeve shirt today at Church and possibly the rest of the week at work.

Saturday, I installed the vent window seals, glass run channels, and new window glass. This went much smoother than I had anticipated. The seals I used were from NPD, Fairchild brand. Very high quality reproductions.

Lastly, with time to spare, I installed the visor decals that I made.

Im interested in how you did the sunvisor decal you made.

Im still slowly working on a emission decal for my truck to reflect the changes I have made and to route the new vacuum hose setup I will be using but havent decided how to create the decal itself.

This was in Garner NC

The show I was invited to is on May 15 in Holly Springs NC at Ting Park, 8am to 12pm check in awards at 2pm and cruise to follow ending at 5pm

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+ford+car+show+holly+springs+nc&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS571US571&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.414208339j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;events&rciv=evn&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZ9pm8tKvwAhUaCc0KHVXECF8Q5bwDMAB6BAgFEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=L2F1dGhvcml0eS9ob3Jpem9uL2NsdXN0ZXJlZF9ldmVudC8yMDIxLTA1LTE1fDY1MjM2Nzg2MTk3NTM5Njk2OA%3D%3D&htivrt=events&mid=/g/11mc8v111y

You might try Google for local shows or cruises in your area as there has to be something a little closer to you up there.

I was thinking late last night that I did not get any pictures of anything :nabble_smiley_blush: It really did not look that bad.

Maybe because it was the first time out since the "lock down" or having the truck out for its real first showing where people come to look at cars & trucks?

Or could have been I lost my driving rights the night before, son drove my truck to / from show.

DMV put my lic. "inactive" because of an issue with the medical card for my CDL (truck lic) and in NC it also kills your rights to drive a car. I hope to get this fixed in a few days but you know how local DMV can be :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

That's a bummer, Dave!

Very frustrating when you are otherwise healthy and you need your job.

Couple of guys at the lumber yard have been pulling guard duty because of blood pressure or some such.

That alone would be enough for my BP to skyrocket! 😡

Anyway, I hope you get a clean checkup and your license back soon.

This was in Garner NC

Dave ----

That's a bummer, Dave! Sorry to see that. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

This was in Garner NC

Dave ----

Dang. Jonathan is down in Raleigh. He nights could've used meeting up with some folks. We're texting about his truck now. Apparently he is laying in the driveway with the gas tank on his chest, trying to get the new fuel lines to work that don't fit. I'm too far away to help at this point today.

Yeah I'll have to branch out a bit from here. Nothing other than cruise ins trying to start back. And the bi annual swap meet locally.

Definitely need more detail on the decals - those look great (as does it all) and interested as well.

Thanks for the comments on the decals, gentlemen. Frustrated because I could not source them, I just made them. I used to have an on line business replicating Muscle Cars for people in 1/24th and 1/18th scale diecast. Part of the process included making waterslide decals using a special high end printer and a good graphics program. Fortunately, I don't have to use that special printer for this, but I do have to draw these decals. The process is not scan and print, I have to physically sit down and draw the images. The 4x4 decal above took me three hours to draw. The images were then printed using my HP Envy inkjet printer onto 8.5"x 11" Avery silver sticker paper and then clear coated.

I'm going to send out a few of these to a couple members to evaluate. Frankly, I think they are quite good, but I want other opinions. If they okay them, I may offer them up for sale.

Thanks for the comments on the decals, gentlemen. Frustrated because I could not source them, I just made them. I used to have an on line business replicating Muscle Cars for people in 1/24th and 1/18th scale diecast. Part of the process included making waterslide decals using a special high end printer and a good graphics program. Fortunately, I don't have to use that special printer for this, but I do have to draw these decals. The process is not scan and print, I have to physically sit down and draw the images. The 4x4 decal above took me three hours to draw. The images were then printed using my HP Envy inkjet printer onto 8.5"x 11" Avery silver sticker paper and then clear coated.

I'm going to send out a few of these to a couple members to evaluate. Frankly, I think they are quite good, but I want other opinions. If they okay them, I may offer them up for sale.

Looks good, I know about the hand drawing aspect. Thats what I ended up having to do for my custom emission decal sticker Im still in the process of making. I started off with a NOS '82 Mustang decal I picked up off ebay for $10 that I then scanned at the highest dpi resolution possible then I loaded it up into photoshop and started my editing.

Ive posted them before on here some where though but not sure if I ever posted the original of the NOS decal before I made changes.

82_Mustang_Emission_Decal_-_resized.jpg.32af8e8abb5c1ca5b2e2fa28cc0d14cc.jpg

This is where I am as of last year, really need to load the program up and get back on working on it to put the finishing touches, I think I am around 12 hours worth of work on this one here.

1982_F150_Emission_Decal_-_wip_7_Resized.bmp

My goal is when I have my grill out to replace it, I want to replace the filler panel between the core support and the grill with a new unit and want to place this decal on the new panel preserving the OE decal since its not reproduced. But I do need to make some tweaks though cause I am now going sniper EFI and I really dont need the temperature switch for the vacuum advance. Only reason I was going to keep that was for the idle up feature when the sensor sensed a over heat condition and applied manifold vacuum instead of ported vacuum to idle the engine up. I can do this with the sniper using the IAC and the temp sensor. But for the finished decal I need something that can survive under the hood, I dont mind uploading it and paying a company to print it but it has to survive harsh chemicals, oil, gasoline, and cleaning solutions as I do wash under the hood.

Looks good, I know about the hand drawing aspect. Thats what I ended up having to do for my custom emission decal sticker Im still in the process of making. I started off with a NOS '82 Mustang decal I picked up off ebay for $10 that I then scanned at the highest dpi resolution possible then I loaded it up into photoshop and started my editing.

Ive posted them before on here some where though but not sure if I ever posted the original of the NOS decal before I made changes.

This is where I am as of last year, really need to load the program up and get back on working on it to put the finishing touches, I think I am around 12 hours worth of work on this one here.

My goal is when I have my grill out to replace it, I want to replace the filler panel between the core support and the grill with a new unit and want to place this decal on the new panel preserving the OE decal since its not reproduced. But I do need to make some tweaks though cause I am now going sniper EFI and I really dont need the temperature switch for the vacuum advance. Only reason I was going to keep that was for the idle up feature when the sensor sensed a over heat condition and applied manifold vacuum instead of ported vacuum to idle the engine up. I can do this with the sniper using the IAC and the temp sensor. But for the finished decal I need something that can survive under the hood, I dont mind uploading it and paying a company to print it but it has to survive harsh chemicals, oil, gasoline, and cleaning solutions as I do wash under the hood.

Yeah, you know what it's all about Rusty. Your images look good. I clear coated mine but not sure how that would hold up under the hood. Have you considered putting a clear tape over the top of them?