Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thanks Jim! You are a veritable font of knowledge!

I'm just a humble guy who is a font of (mostly) useless minutiae.

If you have a better understanding of how these timing sets differ, then great!

I'm glad I could help.

I'm sure others could put together a much more coherent explanation.

My mind doesn't use the same operating system as most people's.

Thanks for the detailed response ! As soon as I get a decent day in the

40’s or so I am going to do it. That carpet looks so good also. I was

thinking of doing my whole floor this spring in a rubber mat but now I am

thinking about new carpet.

Happy Saturday everyone

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 6:57 PM 86 1/2 Brutus [via Bullnose Enthusiasts

Forum] <ml+s12971n87619h7@.nabble> wrote:

> They aren't exactly hard, nor easy to install, more of a pain then

> anything, but well worth it. How i did mine. You pull the window rubber

> down. In the instructions it says to pull it down and drill the holes, i

> didnt exactly like that idea so what i did, i pulled the rubber down, put

> the visor in, then got the rubber back into place and positioned the visor

> and made sure the window went up and down correctly. I pulled it back

> down and ran a bead of clear silicone across the lip of the entire thing

> and seated it into place then put the rubber channel back in, wiped the

> silicone off and let it set up. the next morning i pulled the channel

> down, drilled the holes and put the screws in. the only real pain is the

> drilling, you have to hold the drill on a strange angle in order to get it

> to bite into the metal, you could probably get away with just using a

> center punch, all i did was just score the metal with the drill and the

> tiny sheetmetal screws went right in. Put the channel back in and hit the

> road.

>

> Nick and George

> 1986 1/2 F150 XLT Lariat 4X2 300 Six - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 - Fully

> Loaded - 8 Foot Box

> Owned since new

>

>

> ------------------------------

> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion

> below:

>

> http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p87619.html

> To unsubscribe from WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?, click

> here

> <http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=148&code=am9zdWphYWJAZ21haWwuY29tfDE0OHwtMTg1ODE1MTc5Ng==>

> .

> NAML

> <http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21workgroup%3Aworkgroup.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

>

After running my truck with 2 coats of roll on bed linter top & bottom of the floor for a bit and then installing (used) carpet I say carpet all the way all the time!

It cut down on so much road noise its not even funny.

I cant say about the road noise and rubber mat as I never drove the truck that way but I can't see it being much different than the bed liner floor.

I also hear the rubber mats don't last all that long before they start to crack.

If worried about muddy or wet feet on the carpet get some cheap floor mats.

Someone also gave me used carpet floor mats that match the carpet but I would have found something that would of worked.

Maybe hit the junk yard and see what you can find in the cars or trucks there.

Dave ----

Hi guys,

So the weekend past i got around to doing the 3G alternator swap and lucky for me Tyler was asking all the exact questions i needed answering in his thread the last week or two. so I got it done without a hitch.

PXL_20210208_141332073.jpg.a6d8429d28fb1c324650b83fda6eee32.jpg PXL_20210208_141353612.jpg.58483030fbd371f0fad0a1ee919b72a0.jpg

As you can see I used the painless harness which although on the expensive side, did take a lot of the guesswork out for someone not 100% confident with electrics.

while im in the engine bay and its not snowing or raining I'm going to install the headlight relay harness i got from amazon and i also would appreciate some input from you guys as regards something else.

Does anyone have, or could post pics of a more elegant (and SAFER) solution for the inline fuel filter on my carb? its been like this since I've had the truck (18 months) and I've never been happy with it and I don't feel its very safe with the plastic so close to the valve cover.

PXL_20210208_141503652.jpg.f7d8059031c0af6a48bf44199b64aa07.jpg

Hi guys,

So the weekend past i got around to doing the 3G alternator swap and lucky for me Tyler was asking all the exact questions i needed answering in his thread the last week or two. so I got it done without a hitch.

As you can see I used the painless harness which although on the expensive side, did take a lot of the guesswork out for someone not 100% confident with electrics.

while im in the engine bay and its not snowing or raining I'm going to install the headlight relay harness i got from amazon and i also would appreciate some input from you guys as regards something else.

Does anyone have, or could post pics of a more elegant (and SAFER) solution for the inline fuel filter on my carb? its been like this since I've had the truck (18 months) and I've never been happy with it and I don't feel its very safe with the plastic so close to the valve cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-INLINE-FUEL-FILTER-3-8-IN-OUT-UNIVERSAL-CAR-TRUCK-RAT-ROD-HOT-ROD-9407/263047897604?hash=item3d3ee06204:g:BoEAAOSw1rpcJBnhfilter.jpg.8b58e3488bf9ccef927738866bd2167b.jpg

Hi guys,

I have the kind that scbill posted (it's integrated into the carb dual feed line) and like it. Downside is that you can't do a quick visual inspection or don't have a pressure gauge after it. Does your carb allow a filter to be screwed into it and then have a barb on the input? Sorry, don't know anything about edelbrocks.

If the carb accepts threads but you want to keep with the clear filter style you could also get a piece of already flared line from the parts store, bend the carb end with a 90, cut the other end off, and replace the current "filter to carb hose" with the hardline and a short piece of hose. That would get it off the vc.

A number of solutions depending upon how much rerouting you want to do and hardline vs hose.

Nice job on the 3G!

Hi guys,

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141332073.jpg http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141353612.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141503652.jpg

Rob, are all the brackets attached in the picture shown of your alternator? Curious what route you went in hooking up your choke?

I have the kind that scbill posted (it's integrated into the carb dual feed line) and like it. Downside is that you can't do a quick visual inspection or don't have a pressure gauge after it. Does your carb allow a filter to be screwed into it and then have a barb on the input? Sorry, don't know anything about edelbrocks.

If the carb accepts threads but you want to keep with the clear filter style you could also get a piece of already flared line from the parts store, bend the carb end with a 90, cut the other end off, and replace the current "filter to carb hose" with the hardline and a short piece of hose. That would get it off the vc.

A number of solutions depending upon how much rerouting you want to do and hardline vs hose.

Nice job on the 3G!

Interesting! Your post had me do a search and find this.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-8131?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA34OBBhCcARIsAG32uvPARXlElc7zW4B9GBFgTlVo3iKYQu21GCM_0q2kAapW8-BIg0c6Km0aAtasEALw_wcB

I didn't know this existed, looks nice and tidy.

Hi guys,

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141332073.jpg http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141353612.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87858/PXL_20210208_141503652.jpg

Rob, are all the brackets attached in the picture shown of your alternator? Curious what route you went in hooking up your choke?

Hi John, the electrics in this truck seem to have been extensively messed with so I'm not ever sure what's factory or someone else's work but it seems to getting power from the other side of the engine bay ?!

PXL_20210208_1804239222.thumb.jpg.31b72aa30e428f7759337b8eb0f58d99.jpg

PXL_20210208_1805089812.thumb.jpg.4a65f31d85b907d85f9499adfd15621a.jpg

Hi guys,

If you're pivoting solely on a bolt -without any triangulation- it won't be long before it bends, or rips a chunk of iron out of the head.

Bill will back me up on this.