Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

As I mentioned before, check all the bolts, unfortunately you may have to take the tilt mechanism apart to fix it. I can look in my 1986 manual (if I can find the correct volume) and copy it for you.

Thanks for the offer, I have all the manuals for the 86. Like i said, i really dont know if i want to mess with it or not. maybe when the new wheel comes in and i take the old one off, ill see. I am going to check the books though and see what they say

That's just my guess.

I see them go for $10-20.

IF you decide to replace it, bring a small piece of sandpaper or emery cloth to clean any rust or paint off where it gets mounted to the fender.

It is important for the regulator to have a good ground. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hi again,

The voltage regulator is def. not new or even near new so ordering another right now.

The alternator was cold to the touch. The battery was down to 11.4 this morning. I am charging it now with an old sears batt charger I thought I would never use again and was keeping for sentimental purposes.

Hi again,

The voltage regulator is def. not new or even near new so ordering another right now.

The alternator was cold to the touch. The battery was down to 11.4 this morning. I am charging it now with an old sears batt charger I thought I would never use again and was keeping for sentimental purposes.

Charged the battery to 12.65 . The alternator was cold. The truck started right up and for a second I thought I saw over 14 on the multimeter but then it was 13.8 at idle and does not move from that reading no matter how much I rev it.

Ordering a new voltage reg and fender mounted starter solenoid just to cover the bases from Rock Auto.

Hi again,

The voltage regulator itself can be the source of the battery drain.

But don't forget to check the diodes in the alternator.

The voltage regulator itself can be the source of the battery drain.

But don't forget to check the diodes in the alternator.

Will do! Tomorrow morning going to check it all out again. With the HEI does anyone know if the timing is set differently?

Thanks!

Will do! Tomorrow morning going to check it all out again. With the HEI does anyone know if the timing is set differently?

Thanks!

No difference, pull & plug the vacuum line to the dist.

set the idle speed and check the timing.

You did clean & mark the timing marks before hand so you can see them right?

Dave ----

Will do! Tomorrow morning going to check it all out again. With the HEI does anyone know if the timing is set differently? Thanks!
No difference, pull & plug the vacuum line to the dist.set the idle speed and check the timing.You did clean & mark the timing marks before hand so you can see them right?Dave ----
Not yet but I will be cleaning all that up tomorrow. I meant the timing advance. Still set to stock ? 

Thanks 

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 4:07 PM FuzzFace2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Base timing should be whatever the sticker says.

Adjusting the curve on a chevy distributor is a lot simpler that a DSII distributor

Chalking the timing marks helps a lot, to see them.

Bracing for Sally. Looks like its going to get rough around here. Had to do some cleaning up, so we semi put Brutus back together somewhat for the show. I'll have to the pics to you in a while Gary.